About special pleadings.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
04-10-2014, 07:07 PM
RE: About special pleadings.
(04-10-2014 04:33 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 04:25 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Tedious huh??

Very. But he's an atheist under it all. Sometimes you're the last person to see the obvious about yourself. Blowme has potential, and great potty humor.

He'll come around one of these years, I have faith. Angel

Oops.....you dropped an **F** bomb. Careful with those.
Potty humor? Where? When? I've seen no decent humor come from this crack head.
I've heard better humor from my little granddaughter. At least she understands timing and sarcasm.

But then I'm more than sure Blowhard's primary function isn't stand up...... So there's that.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 07:39 PM
(04-10-2014 07:07 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 04:33 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Very. But he's an atheist under it all. Sometimes you're the last person to see the obvious about yourself. Blowme has potential, and great potty humor.

He'll come around one of these years, I have faith. Angel

Oops.....you dropped an **F** bomb. Careful with those.
Potty humor? Where? When? I've seen no decent humor come from this crack head.
I've heard better humor from my little granddaughter. At least she understands timing and sarcasm.

But then I'm more than sure Blowhard's primary function isn't stand up...... So there's that.

Good your here, quick stab him in the butt

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-10-2014, 08:04 PM
(04-10-2014 05:08 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 11:01 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  A special pleading occurs when ...

For instance consider the following rule. Everything that comes into existence must have a cause.
Problem with this claim is that no-one has ever observed a coming into existence event. So we can't claim whether that event requires a cause or not.
Energy is neither created nor destroyed.

What you are doing here is challenging a premise. A faulty premise does not make a special pleading.
04-10-2014, 08:31 PM
(04-10-2014 02:10 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 02:06 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Right.....cause you and only you are the keeper of the proper definition for special pleading.....
Oh the irony is just too much

Yay!!!

The thread was necessary because to many people were simply spouting "special pleading" when it was obvious they did not know what it means.

The irony being the only person who can't figure out that your argument contains a special pleading fallacy is you.Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
06-10-2014, 08:39 AM
(04-10-2014 07:07 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Potty humor? Where? When? I've seen no decent humor come from this crack head.

Well, I wouldn't call it decent humor, but there's his username.
06-10-2014, 09:14 AM
(06-10-2014 08:39 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 07:07 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Potty humor? Where? When? I've seen no decent humor come from this crack head.

Well, I wouldn't call it decent humor, but there's his username.

Actually I think "he" is a "she". I happened onto a "Heywood Jahblome" in the comment section of a youtube video. She has a picture of a female for her avatar.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-10-2014, 09:35 AM
(06-10-2014 09:14 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 08:39 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Well, I wouldn't call it decent humor, but there's his username.

Actually I think "he" is a "she". I happened onto a "Heywood Jahblome" in the comment section of a youtube video. She has a picture of a female for her avatar.

Personally i dont think it matters... Stupid is gender inclusive.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
06-10-2014, 10:07 AM
(04-10-2014 09:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 02:16 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  More dishonest argumentation. Your whole intention here is to misrepresent and mislead, Heywood. You were a better person once.
More stupidity on your part. This is thread is not an argument about God. It is an argument about what is a special pleading and what isn't. I have said that several times now but you and others can't seem to get it thru you overly thick skulls.

And you didn't address the content of my post at all. You are transparent.

Play your word games all you like. Until you can answer Sagan you are trapped in special pleading. Until you can explain why a complex uncaused cause is more reasonable than a simple uncaused cause you are trapped in special pleading. Your apologist-picked definitions designed to mislead are irrelevant, and make you irrelevant to the conversation happening at the grownups table.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 6 users Like Hafnof's post
06-10-2014, 10:54 AM
(04-10-2014 04:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 02:08 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  God by most definitions is eternal.

What does that mean ?
Where is the list of definitions ?
well I have a list of descriptions for god

1. he always existed.......... which makes no sense Facepalm
2. he acts like a arrogant spoiled petulant brat Censored
3. he is very xenophobic regarding anything he doesn't like (the bible itself confirms this)
4. is a misogynist :ce :censored:nsored:
5. is all knowing and misuses it to cause suffering to ensure he is praised as the savior from the doom he masterminded Censored
6. he is so loving that he sent his son to die so that he could forgive us instead of just doing it from that get-go without the child sacrifice Censored
7. is all powerful yet his batteries die after 6 days and takes a full 24hours to recharge
8. is a hypocrite for preaching peace and love after committing genocide, slaughter, and other atrocities which he proudly told people to commit as well Censored

Drinking Beverage so did I miss anything ? Wink
06-10-2014, 10:57 AM
(03-10-2014 09:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 07:27 AM)Sam Wrote:  How do you know everything that comes into existence has a cause?

Sam, what you are doing here is dismissing an argument because you do not agree with one of its premises. There is nothing wrong with dismissing an argument on the basis of a faulty premise.....just remember a faulty premise is not a special pleading.

Claiming that everything must have a cause is itself an assertion that you must prove.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson