About the Testimonium Flavium

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-06-2016, 11:42 AM
RE: About the Testimonium Flavium
(07-06-2016 11:25 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 10:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  Blush It's so nice when religious guys say things like this. Makes me all warm and tingly inside Big Grin

I like it when I make you feel warm and tingly inside.

A logical and thinking person would understand that in this context, you should be rather disappointed in yourself and your lack of insight, self-reflection, and critical thinking skills. But a person preaching their religion, might be amused by their trolling.

Big Grin Guess that says which one you are

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
07-06-2016, 11:56 AM
(07-06-2016 11:42 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 11:25 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I like it when I make you feel warm and tingly inside.

A logical and thinking person would understand that in this context, you should be rather disappointed in yourself and your lack of insight, self-reflection, and critical thinking skills. But a person preaching their religion, might be amused by their trolling.

Yes, you're the pinnacle of self-reflection, and introspective thinking. If only we can all grow up to be more like you.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
07-06-2016, 12:08 PM
(07-06-2016 11:56 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 11:42 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  A logical and thinking person would understand that in this context, you should be rather disappointed in yourself and your lack of insight, self-reflection, and critical thinking skills. But a person preaching their religion, might be amused by their trolling.

Yes, you're the pinnacle of self-reflection, and introspective thinking. If only we can all grow up to be more like you.

Tommy, sarcasm only works if you're not an idiot Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-06-2016, 12:09 PM
(07-06-2016 12:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  Tommy, sarcasm only works if you're not an idiot Smile

Yes, I know morondog, I feel like such an idiot in comparison to you.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
07-06-2016, 12:23 PM
My Josepheus collection book which is cool as its from the 1800s though partially held in tight with tape. I found it at a resale book shop, but it actually has a sheet bookmark for the page where that line is at.

Interestingly for whatever reason the publisher added a sketch of Bethlehem complimenting that page.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
07-06-2016, 12:26 PM
(07-06-2016 12:09 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 12:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  Tommy, sarcasm only works if you're not an idiot Smile

Yes, I know morondog, I feel like such an idiot in comparison to you.

Good.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-06-2016, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2016 12:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(07-06-2016 11:22 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  If his writing nor Josephus support this, then it goes without saying that someone here isn't telling the truth.

Like you, claiming to know what he did, because he didn't talk about it ?

The fact is, he, a JEW, had a huge influence on early Christianity. I can't help but wonder, if all this bullshit is just an attempt to evade THAT.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-06-2016, 12:41 PM
(07-06-2016 11:56 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 11:42 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  A logical and thinking person would understand that in this context, you should be rather disappointed in yourself and your lack of insight, self-reflection, and critical thinking skills. But a person preaching their religion, might be amused by their trolling.

Compared to you, it's true. To be fair though, so is a potato compared to you.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
07-06-2016, 12:50 PM
(07-06-2016 12:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Like you, claiming to know what he did, because he didn't talk about it ?

You mean like the posters who claim to know that he was in Jerusalem at the time of Christ's life, around the time of his death, like the person who claim he visited Jerusalem frequently, only to have to walk that claim back?

I merely stated these claims are lies, concocted whole cloth., lacking any support.

Quote:The fact is, he, a JEW, had a huge influence on early Christianity. I can't help but wonder, if all this bullshit is just an attempt to evade THAT.

I'll go ahead and agree with you, that Philo had a significant influence on Christianity.
Did I evade it this time too?

07-06-2016, 01:08 PM
(07-06-2016 12:41 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Compared to you, it's true. To be fair though, so is a potato compared to you.

Some butthurt atheists on the internet called me an idiot, I guess I'll cry myself to sleep tonight.