About the Testimonium Flavium

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-06-2016, 01:12 PM
RE: About the Testimonium Flavium
(07-06-2016 01:08 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 12:41 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Compared to you, it's true. To be fair though, so is a potato compared to you.

Some butthurt atheists on the internet called me an idiot, I guess I'll cry myself to sleep tonight.

You think because you get called on your bullshit that we are "butthurt"? Laugh out load

You have a very high opinion of yourself

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
07-06-2016, 01:14 PM
(07-06-2016 01:12 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 01:08 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Some butthurt atheists on the internet called me an idiot, I guess I'll cry myself to sleep tonight.

You think because you get called on your bullshit that we are "butthurt"? Laugh out load

No, I just think you're a butthurt atheist, probably because your mother didn't love you or someshit.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
07-06-2016, 01:20 PM
(07-06-2016 01:14 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 01:12 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You think because you get called on your bullshit that we are "butthurt"? Laugh out load

No, I just think you're a butthurt atheist, probably because your mother didn't love you or someshit.

The return of Tomato, the amateur psychologist with the ability to detect emotional states via the internet and who possess not only a perfect interpretation of history, but knows science better than scientists and knows other people better than they know themselves.

Option 1: You have an over-inflated ego and a larger than life opinion of your cognitive faculties
Option 2: Everyone here who calls you on your bullshit is just "butthurt"
Option 3: You're just full of shit

Personally, I don't think options 2 and 3 are mutually exclusive Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
07-06-2016, 01:46 PM
(07-06-2016 01:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Option 1: You have an over-inflated ego and a larger than life opinion of your cognitive faculties.

It's nice that you feel that way about me, but no, I'm just a humble man from the projects, clearly not as bright or as educated as the atheists here, who clearly know so much more about the writings of Philo, his frequent travels to Jerusalem, his time their during the period of Jesus's birth and crucifixion. I'm not as smart as they are.

Quote: You're just full of shit

Yes, I've been suffering from constipation for the last several days, so that probably explains it.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
07-06-2016, 03:07 PM
(07-06-2016 01:46 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 01:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Option 1: You have an over-inflated ego and a larger than life opinion of your cognitive faculties.

It's nice that you feel that way about me, but no, I'm just a humble man from the projects, clearly not as bright or as educated as the atheists here, who clearly know so much more about the writings of Philo, his frequent travels to Jerusalem, his time their during the period of Jesus's birth and crucifixion. I'm not as smart as they are.

Quote: You're just full of shit

Yes, I've been suffering from constipation for the last several days, so that probably explains it.

Hey Tom.
Simple question. Have you read Philo?

Oh and one more. Have you read Josephus?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-06-2016, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2016 03:33 PM by Banjo.)
Here is the passage with the two insertions. Note how both James and Jesus just simply enter the scene out of context.

Antiquities 20.9.1. "And now Caesar, upon hearing the death of Festus, sent Albinus into Judea, as procurator. But the king deprived Joseph of the high priesthood, and bestowed the succession to that dignity on the son of Ananus, who was also himself called Ananus. Now the report goes that this eldest Ananus proved a most fortunate man; for he had five sons who had all performed the office of a high priest to God, and who had himself enjoyed that dignity a long time formerly, which had never happened to any other of our high priests. But this younger Ananus, who, as we have told you already, took the high priesthood, was a bold man in his temper, and very insolent; he was also of the sect of the Sadducees, who are very rigid in judging offenders, above all the rest of the Jews, as we have already observed; when, therefore, Ananus was of this disposition, he thought he had now a proper opportunity. Festus was now dead, and Albinus was but upon the road; so he assembled the sanhedrim of judges, and brought before them the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James, and some others; and when he had formed an accusation against them as breakers of the law, he delivered them to be stoned: but as for those who seemed the most equitable of the citizens, and such as were the most uneasy at the breach of the laws, they disliked what was done; they also sent to the king, desiring him to send to Ananus that he should act so no more, for that what he had already done was not to be justified; nay, some of them went also to meet Albinus, as he was upon his journey from Alexandria, and informed him that it was not lawful for Ananus to assemble a sanhedrim without his consent. Whereupon Albinus complied with what they said, and wrote in anger to Ananus, and threatened that he would bring him to punishment for what he had done; on which king Agrippa took the high priesthood from him,when he had ruled but three months, and made Jesus, the son of Damneus, high priest."

Now with the references removed. Note how it shows the passage is about one Ananus, not Jesus. The passage flows more clearly without the xian reference. Jesus just pops in out of nowhere for no reason. As does James.

Plus, not even the bible says Jesus was high priest!

Antiquities 20.9.1. "And now Caesar, upon hearing the death of Festus, sent Albinus into Judea, as procurator. But the king deprived Joseph of the high priesthood, and bestowed the succession to that dignity on the son of Ananus, who was also himself called Ananus. Now the report goes that this eldest Ananus proved a most fortunate man; for he had five sons who had all performed the office of a high priest to God, and who had himself enjoyed that dignity a long time formerly, which had never happened to any other of our high priests. But this younger Ananus, who, as we have told you already, took the high priesthood, was a bold man in his temper, and very insolent; he was also of the sect of the Sadducees, who are very rigid in judging offenders, above all the rest of the Jews, as we have already observed; when, therefore, Ananus was of this disposition, he thought he had now a proper opportunity. Festus was now dead, and Albinus was but upon the road; so he assembled the sanhedrim of judges, and brought before them, and when he had formed an accusation against them as breakers of the law, he delivered them to be stoned: but as for those who seemed the most equitable of the citizens, and such as were the most uneasy at the breach of the laws, they disliked what was done; they also sent to the king, desiring him to send to Ananus that he should act so no more, for that what he had already done was not to be justified; nay, some of them went also to meet Albinus, as he was upon his journey from Alexandria, and informed him that it was not lawful for Ananus to assemble a sanhedrim without his consent. Whereupon Albinus complied with what they said, and wrote in anger to Ananus, and threatened that he would bring him to punishment for what he had done; on which king Agrippa took the high priesthood from him."

Tom. In this post below it shows you do not believe nor understand what an atheist is. One does not have to be angry at a god one does not believe in to be an atheist.

How long have you been here? And you still don't get it? I for one have never considered a god. I decided it was BS at age 4!

(07-06-2016 01:12 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You think because you get called on your bullshit that we are "butthurt"? Laugh out load

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
07-06-2016, 03:31 PM

"By their love, you will know them".
Uh huh. Sure thing.
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-06-2016, 03:39 PM
(07-06-2016 12:50 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I merely stated these claims are lies, concocted whole cloth., lacking any support.

You claimed to know FAR MORE than that, and you know it and we all read it, about what he didn't do, and where he was not, and never went.

What are you doing here ?
Trying to win us over to your cult so we can all be presupps also ?

If the "Hellenism" that evolved and is evident in John (the "logos") came from Philo, it's pretty damning to your cult's BS. Of course, presupps such as you would never even consider that a problem. You disqualified yourself from any discussion of this subject.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-06-2016, 03:45 PM
(07-06-2016 03:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 12:50 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I merely stated these claims are lies, concocted whole cloth., lacking any support.

You claimed to know FAR MORE than that, and you know it and we all read it, about what he didn't do, and where he was not, and never went.

What are you doing here ?
Trying to win us over to your cult so we can all be presupps also ?

If the "Hellenism" that evolved and is evident in John (the "logos") came from Philo, it's pretty damning to your cult's BS. Of course, presupps such as you would never even consider that a problem. You disqualified yourself from any discussion of this subject.

Agreed. Ignorance (Not meant as an insult) is obvious.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-06-2016, 03:45 PM
Why has no one yet mentioned the influence of Philo on Baklava?

[Image: filo.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post