About the Testimonium Flavium

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-06-2016, 03:49 PM
RE: About the Testimonium Flavium
(07-06-2016 03:45 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 03:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You claimed to know FAR MORE than that, and you know it and we all read it, about what he didn't do, and where he was not, and never went.

What are you doing here ?
Trying to win us over to your cult so we can all be presupps also ?

If the "Hellenism" that evolved and is evident in John (the "logos") came from Philo, it's pretty damning to your cult's BS. Of course, presupps such as you would never even consider that a problem. You disqualified yourself from any discussion of this subject.

Agreed. Ignorance (Not meant as an insult) is obvious.

Ignorance can be understood and forgiven. Aggressive disinterest in learning as well as dishonesty and an inability to self-correct on top of a lack of insight and self-reflection plus an overinflated ego coupled to a belief that he knows people better than they know themselves and knows science better than scientists and is a capable psychologist, well those things are also obvious and pointing them out isn't an insult either. The truth, it's a bitch sometimes

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
07-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Oh just in case nobody noticed, the passage is called Testimonium Flavianum Big GrinWink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
07-06-2016, 04:06 PM
(07-06-2016 01:08 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Some butthurt atheists on the internet called me an idiot, I guess I'll cry myself to sleep tonight.

Why this preoccupation with sodomy???

Either that or vindaloo?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
07-06-2016, 04:27 PM
(07-06-2016 01:08 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 12:41 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Compared to you, it's true. To be fair though, so is a potato compared to you.

Some butthurt atheists on the internet called me an idiot, I guess I'll cry myself to sleep tonight.

Oh Tommy Tommy Tommy, you have the words arranged in sentences... they even make sense... but then the sentence itself is ludicrous? *You*? Causing butthurt? LaughatLaughatLaughat

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
07-06-2016, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2016 04:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-06-2016 01:14 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, I just think you're a butthurt atheist, probably because your mother didn't love you or someshit.

(07-06-2016 01:08 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Some butthurt atheists on the internet called me an idiot, I guess I'll cry myself to sleep tonight.

This is not a good line of attack for you TommyBoy. You're not very good at it. In fact you suck at it. And you embarrass yourself by trying. Like Marco Rubio embarrassing himself trying to outtrump Trump.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-06-2016, 04:49 PM
(07-06-2016 01:14 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, I just think you're a butthurt atheist, probably because your mother didn't love you or someshit.

Oh. Well THAT'S good to hear. Thumbsup
At least it's not cuz we're "polluted".
Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-06-2016, 05:04 PM
(07-06-2016 04:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Oh. Well THAT'S good to hear. Thumbsup
At least it's not cuz we're "polluted".
Big Grin

Christians are so polite. Heart Dodgy

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
08-06-2016, 05:29 AM
(07-06-2016 03:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Here is the passage with the two insertions. Note how both James and Jesus just simply enter the scene out of context.

Antiquities 20.9.1. "And now Caesar, upon hearing the death of Festus, sent Albinus into Judea, as procurator. But the king deprived Joseph of the high priesthood, and bestowed the succession to that dignity on the son of Ananus, who was also himself called Ananus. Now the report goes that this eldest Ananus proved a most fortunate man; for he had five sons who had all performed the office of a high priest to God, and who had himself enjoyed that dignity a long time formerly, which had never happened to any other of our high priests. But this younger Ananus, who, as we have told you already, took the high priesthood, was a bold man in his temper, and very insolent; he was also of the sect of the Sadducees, who are very rigid in judging offenders, above all the rest of the Jews, as we have already observed; when, therefore, Ananus was of this disposition, he thought he had now a proper opportunity. Festus was now dead, and Albinus was but upon the road; so he assembled the sanhedrim of judges, and brought before them the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James, and some others; and when he had formed an accusation against them as breakers of the law, he delivered them to be stoned: but as for those who seemed the most equitable of the citizens, and such as were the most uneasy at the breach of the laws, they disliked what was done; they also sent to the king, desiring him to send to Ananus that he should act so no more, for that what he had already done was not to be justified; nay, some of them went also to meet Albinus, as he was upon his journey from Alexandria, and informed him that it was not lawful for Ananus to assemble a sanhedrim without his consent. Whereupon Albinus complied with what they said, and wrote in anger to Ananus, and threatened that he would bring him to punishment for what he had done; on which king Agrippa took the high priesthood from him,when he had ruled but three months, and made Jesus, the son of Damneus, high priest."

Now with the references removed. Note how it shows the passage is about one Ananus, not Jesus. The passage flows more clearly without the xian reference. Jesus just pops in out of nowhere for no reason. As does James.

Plus, not even the bible says Jesus was high priest!

I'm not sure how you see the removal of that portion as making the passage clearer, in fact it obscures the passage.

Who is "them" that was accused of being law breakers, delivered to be stoned?

Not Ananus,because the passage indicates the he was the one who brought them to be stoned, when he saw a proper opportunity with Fetus being dead, and Albinus being on the road.

Removing the passage would mean Josephus did not state who the "them" was that Ananus brought to be stoned, and accused of breaking the Jewish law.

Ananus was the high priest replaced by Jesus son of Damneus (not J.C here) as the as a result of assembling the Sandherin.

As to how you think the passage makes more sense if we remove the James part, I have no idea. It would make the passage appear as if something was omitted, in regards to the stoning, and accusations of breaking the law, that led to Ananus's replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
08-06-2016, 05:37 AM
(07-06-2016 03:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Tom. In this post below it shows you do not believe nor understand what an atheist is. One does not have to be angry at a god one does not believe in to be an atheist.

I'm not sure why there's a tendency to take a remark directed at a particular poster, as made against you or atheists as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
08-06-2016, 05:42 AM
(08-06-2016 05:37 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm not sure why there's a tendency to take a remark directed at a particular poster, as made against you or atheists as a whole.

Because you make idiotic generalizations about atheists all the time.
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post