About the Testimonium Flavium

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-06-2016, 10:11 AM
RE: About the Testimonium Flavium
(08-06-2016 09:56 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Okay, now that you've got that out of your system, perhaps we can all continue discussing folks like Philo, and Josephus, the James passages, and Philos travels to Jerusalem.

I can understand that. Self reflection is a difficult and uncomfortable process.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
08-06-2016, 10:12 AM
(08-06-2016 09:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I know poor old persecuted me, having to suffer constant insults by atheists on the internet, on an atheists forum, I voluntarily joined. I message the moderators daily to make it stop, but they don't hear my cries, and just leave me out here to suffer, as my Lord did.

Did you report yourself after the butt hurt comment?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-06-2016, 10:22 AM
(08-06-2016 10:11 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I can understand that. Self reflection is a difficult and uncomfortable process.

At least that much we can agree on.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
08-06-2016, 10:36 AM
(08-06-2016 09:50 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  But you did suggest the Josephus passage regarding James, made better sense if that entire portion was omitted. And I pointed out in detail, why it doesn't. You didn't both picking up the argument again after that.

Indeed I did. Then I had to rush to hospital and was gone several hours. Your argument did not hold water. Remember, I actually read those works. You did not. So I carried on from the later stages of where the thread was.

I see you whining earlier. "Poor poor me. Why am I persecuted...?"
Before that you were insulting people left right and centre. Butt hurt atheists and what not.

Suffering? Mate you have no idea what I've been through today. I am now on a number of heavy drugs, one which is 12 times more powerful than morphine. And still I am in agony. Yet I am speaking about the subject. A subject of which you have little to no understanding and yet you voluntarily took part.

You have the nerve to insult people and whine like a baby when all of your points are dismissed. Dismissed on the basis of hundreds of years of scholarship by some of the greatest minds in history.

Tomasia you remind me of a guy who tells everyone he's a great drummer. Then he gets behind the kit and is dreadful.

I keep suggesting you read books. I read the early xians. Why haven't you?

Or, are you someone in doubt about his beliefs and simply finding it heartbreaking to realise those beliefs you clung to are sheer nonsense written by ancient people who simply lacked the knowledge we have today?

This is an atheist website. You are correct. You joined voluntarily. The question is, why?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
08-06-2016, 10:44 AM
He's said he is on multiple discussion places to spend time and allegedly pick up info.

I'm not of a why an atheist forum joined group but why this one really.. And not just larger ones like AF.org

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-06-2016, 11:01 AM
(08-06-2016 10:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Indeed I did. Then I had to rush to hospital and was gone several hours. Your argument did not hold water. Remember, I actually read those works. You did not. So I carried on from the later stages of where the thread was.

No, I read the relevant works.

If you want to suggest that my argument does not hold water, and the James passage makes better sense with the entire portion omitted, please address my response. If you think your argument holds water, and mines does not. I want to see you address the numerous objection I raised as to why it doesn't hold.

Quote:I see you whining earlier. "Poor poor me. Why am I persecuted...?"
Before that you were insulting people left right and centre. Butt hurt atheists and what not.

I guess that must be a thing now, that sarcasm amounts to whining.

Quote:Suffering? Mate you have no idea what I've been through today.

It was joke Banjo. My paper cut involves a great deal more suffering, than insults directed at me by strangers on the internet.

Quote:This is an atheist website. You are correct. You joined voluntarily. The question is, why?

I think the question should be why not?

My participation here wasn't out of any particular lengthy thought or discussion I had with myself, or a product of some rational deliberation, in which participation was the answer to. I never really thought to myself that I shouldn't be here. Perhaps I didn't get that memo.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
08-06-2016, 11:06 AM
(08-06-2016 11:01 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 10:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Indeed I did. Then I had to rush to hospital and was gone several hours. Your argument did not hold water. Remember, I actually read those works. You did not. So I carried on from the later stages of where the thread was.

No, I read the relevant works.

If you want to suggest that my argument does not hold water, and the James passage makes better sense with the entire portion omitted, please address my response. If you think your argument holds water, and mines does not. I want to see you address the numerous objection I raised as to why it doesn't hold.

Quote:I see you whining earlier. "Poor poor me. Why am I persecuted...?"

I guess that must be a thing now, that sarcasm amounts to whining.

Quote:Suffering? Mate you have no idea what I've been through today.

It was joke Banjo. My paper cut involves a great deal more suffering, than insults directed at me by strangers on the internet.

Quote:This is an atheist website. You are correct. You joined voluntarily. The question is, why?

I think the question should be why not?

My participation here wasn't out of any particular lengthy thought or discussion I had with myself, or a product of some rational deliberation, in which participation was the answer to. I never really thought to myself that I shouldn't be here. Perhaps I didn't get that memo.

Can you quote your question again? I am beginning to find t really hard to concentrate due to it being 3.05 and my physical condition. If I go back looking for it I may have trouble.

It is getting hard, I will do my best.

Banjo.
08-06-2016, 11:09 AM
I found this article in the Biblical Archaeological Society's magazine. It seems to be pretty balanced, and make sense, especially about the interpolation in Chapter 18.

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily...sus-exist/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-06-2016, 11:35 AM
(08-06-2016 11:09 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I found this article in the Biblical Archaeological Society's magazine. It seems to be pretty balanced, and make sense, especially about the interpolation in Chapter 18.

Excellent article! Thanks for posting it.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
08-06-2016, 11:39 AM
(08-06-2016 11:09 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I found this article in the Biblical Archaeological Society's magazine. It seems to be pretty balanced, and make sense, especially about the interpolation in Chapter 18.

He ignores everything which argues against his two main points, Buck. Convenient tactic.

Read Carrier for a full discussion of the evidence.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post