About the Testimonium Flavium

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-06-2016, 03:51 PM
(01-06-2016 03:50 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 03:45 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  That a person named Yeshua's, life, history, message, and meaning served as the basis of the Gospels, and NT writings, and Christianity as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which means what with respect to the validity or truth-content of the claims of the bible?

Why is Jesus more important than Batman? Why do you worship the bible and not Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" as a religion?

Are the stories of Paul Bunyan now true and factual because the character in them may be based on a real person?

Would Christianity as a religion be less if it's Jesus were not real? Ergo, do its claims and morals not speak for themselves as meaningful and true and useful without needing a "based on a real character" disclaimer?

All questions entirely irrelevant to anything I've claimed here, so will just go ignored.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2016, 03:52 PM
RE: About the Testimonium Flavium
(01-06-2016 03:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Prove it. Here. Now.
Irrelevant. Vespasian was Josephus' messiah. The earliest t copy of Josephus is centuries LATER, after the fake interpolation. There is NOTHING contemporaneous.

Quote:You want me to prove the negative, that there is no real evidence for an interpolation? The passage is found in every copy of Josephus, including the Greek, and is unlike the testimonium is regarded almost I impishly as authentic.

I want you to produce an early copy, or STFU.
It doesn't matter if it's in every coopy, if they are all LATE.
You "impishly" / WTAF. Learn some fucking English man.

Quote:Brush it all under the rug, seems to be the typical tactic.

Typical Tommy insult generalization.
What are you doing here ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-06-2016, 03:53 PM
(01-06-2016 03:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 03:49 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Hahaha.

If your fat ass is too fucking lazy to do a google search, don't expect me to do it for you.

And an ad hominem.

Straw men. False dichotomy. Red herrings.

You're running the gambit on this thread, you ignorant cunt.

Haha, I'm the ignorant cunt? You clearly don't have a single clue about historicity, and you call me ignorant.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
01-06-2016, 03:54 PM
(01-06-2016 03:51 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 03:50 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Which means what with respect to the validity or truth-content of the claims of the bible?

Why is Jesus more important than Batman? Why do you worship the bible and not Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" as a religion?

Are the stories of Paul Bunyan now true and factual because the character in them may be based on a real person?

Would Christianity as a religion be less if it's Jesus were not real? Ergo, do its claims and morals not speak for themselves as meaningful and true and useful without needing a "based on a real character" disclaimer?

All questions entirely irrelevant to anything I've claimed here, so will just go ignored.

What's the matter? Faced with the bullshit of your position you chicken out?

Drinking Beverage that's par for the course for you

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
01-06-2016, 03:55 PM
(01-06-2016 03:53 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 03:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And an ad hominem.

Straw men. False dichotomy. Red herrings.

You're running the gambit on this thread, you ignorant cunt.

Haha, I'm the ignorant cunt? You clearly don't have a single clue about historicity, and you call me ignorant.

It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

How many people showing you you're wrong does it take for you to realize the ignorance you possess, you ignorant cunt? Drinking Beverage

-Rick
01-06-2016, 03:57 PM
(01-06-2016 03:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It doesn't matter if it's in every coopy, if they are all LATE.

No but if the passage or portions of it were absent in an early copy, it would at least be supportive of the claims of interpolation, as is the case when arguing interpolation in scripture.

01-06-2016, 03:58 PM
(01-06-2016 03:45 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  That a person named Yeshua's, life, history, message, and meaning served as the basis of the Gospels, and NT writings, and Christianity as a whole.

There is no such thing. There are 33,000 + Christianities. EVERY single person involved decides for them-self what they pick and chose, and find important. Whether he lived or not, all you have is a bunch of writings. Every one who claims to be a Christian decides for them-self what a "good life" is. Jesus (a person) has NO BEARING AT ALL on the good life. It's all an irrelevant pile of manure.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-06-2016, 03:58 PM
(01-06-2016 03:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  How many people showing you you're wrong does it take for you to realize the ignorance you possess, you ignorant cunt? Drinking Beverage

lol, all I'm seeing is group think, protecting each other's egos, with nonsense arguments.

01-06-2016, 03:59 PM
Tomato (I liked that one):
"I'm right, atheists are wrong. But I'm totally here to learn, I swear I'm not Being dishonest about that. I'm here to learn about atheism by not actually trying to while preaching my religious drudgery and refusing to admit it or answer questions I know I can't."

Those of us who engage with you:
"You're a dishonest twit who doesn't know how logic or facts work."

Tomato:
"Nu uh! You are!"

-Rick
01-06-2016, 04:00 PM
(01-06-2016 03:58 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 03:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  How many people showing you you're wrong does it take for you to realize the ignorance you possess, you ignorant cunt? Drinking Beverage

lol, all I'm seeing is group think, protecting each other's egos, with nonsense arguments.

Translation:
"The other atheists on here don't buy my bullshit either. They must be the religious ones, not me."

-Rick