About the Testimonium Flavium

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-06-2016, 04:01 PM
RE: About the Testimonium Flavium
What purpose do you serve here, tomato?

Because if your purpose is to make Christians look like ignorant, dishonest, and whiny cunts, you're doing a great job. Thumbsup

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
01-06-2016, 04:06 PM
(01-06-2016 04:01 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  What purpose do you serve here, tomato?

To make it so that whoever it is I'm arguing with retreats to a "lack of belief". To chase every bad argument to the top of a fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
01-06-2016, 04:12 PM
I keep reading the title as Testimonial Effluvium.
carry on.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-06-2016, 04:13 PM
(01-06-2016 04:06 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  To make it so that whoever it is I'm arguing with retreats to a "lack of belief". To chase every bad argument to the top of a fence.

When do you plan to start doing that ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-06-2016, 04:17 PM
(01-06-2016 03:57 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  No but if the passage or portions of it were absent in an early copy, it would at least be supportive of the claims of interpolation, as is the case when arguing interpolation in scripture.

There are no early copies. The earliest copy is in Milan, and the passage is in different handwriting, different ink.

STILL WAITING for you to prove your CLAIM about "most scholars" and the interpolation ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-06-2016, 04:17 PM
(01-06-2016 04:06 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 04:01 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  What purpose do you serve here, tomato?

To make it so that whoever it is I'm arguing with retreats to a "lack of belief". To chase every bad argument to the top of a fence.

Then you're failing even at that, badly.

How many different BS reasons have you given for why you're here now? I can count at least 4 you've given to me. Drinking Beverage

It's almost as if...you're dishonest! Gasp

-Rick
01-06-2016, 04:23 PM
(01-06-2016 04:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 03:57 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  No but if the passage or portions of it were absent in an early copy, it would at least be supportive of the claims of interpolation, as is the case when arguing interpolation in scripture.

There are no early copies. The earliest copy is in Milan, and the passage is in different handwriting, different ink.

STILL WAITING for you to prove your CLAIM about "most scholars" and the interpolation ?
[13] Louis Feldman (ISBN 90-04-08554-8 pages 55–57) states that the authenticity of the Josephus passage on James has been "almost universally acknowledged".

"Modern scholarship has largely acknowledged the authenticity of the reference in Book 20, Chapter 9, 1 of the Antiquities to "the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James" [13] and considers it as having the highest level of authenticity among the references of Josephus to Christianity.[14][1][2][15][16][17]
"

And the variety of sources cited in the wiki quote. .

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
01-06-2016, 04:31 PM
(01-06-2016 04:23 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 04:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There are no early copies. The earliest copy is in Milan, and the passage is in different handwriting, different ink.

[13] Louis Feldman (ISBN 90-04-08554-8 pages 55–57) states that the authenticity of the Josephus passage on James has been "almost universally acknowledged".

"Modern scholarship has largely acknowledged the authenticity of the reference in Book 20, Chapter 9, 1 of the Antiquities to "the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James" [13] and considers it as having the highest level of authenticity among the references of Josephus to Christianity.[14][1][2][15][16][17]
"

You don't understand the difference between opinion and evidence or opinion and fact. Gasp

-Rick
01-06-2016, 04:31 PM
(01-06-2016 04:23 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 04:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There are no early copies. The earliest copy is in Milan, and the passage is in different handwriting, different ink.

"

He's wrong.
It's not proof of your claim.
http://www.skeptically.org/bible/id12.html

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-06-2016, 04:32 PM
(01-06-2016 04:06 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

You sure that's the direction you're chasing? 'Cause like the rest of us don't see it that way. More like a dog barking at the moon.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post