About the Testimonium Flavium

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-06-2016, 04:38 PM
RE: About the Testimonium Flavium
(01-06-2016 03:49 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 03:46 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You do realize that everyone can read the original comments and questions you're replying to and see that you're bullshit tactics are not progressing your mythology not supporting your assertions, right?

So when you claim that "every copy" contains something to corroborate your position, and then you're asked to substantiate it with evidence, it isn't you being asked to prove a negative but you being asked to support your bullshit claim by actually showing the existence of said passage in "every copy, including Greek."

And once again, levying a criticism of your bullshit ( "Brush it all under the rug, seems to be the typical tactic." ) onto others is a dishonest and ignorant tactic.

Hahaha.

If your fat ass is too fucking lazy to do a google search, don't expect me to do it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really don't appear to understand how this works. Consider

You make a claim, you need to provide evidence. You have provided none as yet.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-06-2016, 04:42 PM
(01-06-2016 04:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 04:23 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  [13] Louis Feldman (ISBN 90-04-08554-8 pages 55–57) states that the authenticity of the Josephus passage on James has been "almost universally acknowledged".

"Modern scholarship has largely acknowledged the authenticity of the reference in Book 20, Chapter 9, 1 of the Antiquities to "the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James" [13] and considers it as having the highest level of authenticity among the references of Josephus to Christianity.[14][1][2][15][16][17]
"

And the variety of sources cited in the wiki quote. .

He's wrong.
It's not proof of your claim.
http://www.skeptically.org/bible/id12.html

No it's proof that modern scholars almost universally agree on the authenticity of the James passage.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
01-06-2016, 04:46 PM
(01-06-2016 04:42 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 04:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He's wrong.

No it's proof that modern scholars almost universally agree on the authenticity of the James passage.

It isn't proof, it's unsubstantiated opinion. But you don't seem to know the difference so you arrogantly parade it around as "proof" like the emperor showing off his "new clothes."

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
01-06-2016, 04:46 PM
(01-06-2016 04:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 03:49 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Hahaha.

If your fat ass is too fucking lazy to do a google search, don't expect me to do it for you.

You really don't appear to understand how this works. Consider

No I disputed claims that other made, such as Paul never mentioned a historical Jesus, or his teachings. That Jesus mentioned in the James passage was another Jesus, that the James passage was an interpolation.

I'm primarily interested in those who have competing claims to make, if you don't have any claims to make one way or the other, you can consider yourself ignored.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
01-06-2016, 04:47 PM
(01-06-2016 04:46 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 04:42 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  No it's proof that modern scholars almost universally agree on the authenticity of the James passage.

It isn't proof, it's unsubstantiated opinion. But you don't seem to know the difference so you arrogantly parade it around as "proof" like the emperor showing off his "new clothes."

Nope it's proof of the views of modern scholars.

01-06-2016, 04:48 PM
(01-06-2016 04:42 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  No it's proof that modern scholars almost universally agree on the authenticity of the James passage.

"Proof" and "almost universally" do not belong in the same sentence. ... just sayin'.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-06-2016, 04:48 PM
(01-06-2016 04:42 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 04:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He's wrong.

No it isn't. The interpolation is NOT the same as the James passage.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-06-2016, 04:49 PM
(01-06-2016 04:46 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 04:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  You really don't appear to understand how this works. Consider

No I disputed claims that other made, such as Paul never mentioned a historical Jesus, or his teachings. That Jesus mentioned in the James passage was another Jesus, that the James passage was an interpolation.

I'm primarily interested in those who have competing claims to make, if you don't have any claims to make one way or the other, you can consider yourself ignored.

And the hypocrisy of your reply is lost on you.

You believe you're critiquing the claims and replies of others and don't believe the claims you're making are actually claims. Someone criticizes your posts and claims and you simply consider them "ignored" instead of addressing your bullshit.

-Rick
01-06-2016, 04:50 PM
(01-06-2016 04:47 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 04:46 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It isn't proof, it's unsubstantiated opinion. But you don't seem to know the difference so you arrogantly parade it around as "proof" like the emperor showing off his "new clothes."

Nope it's proof of the views of modern scholars.

It's the opinion of ONE person. That does NOT prove a consensus among scholars.

This is equivalent to finding someone who is considered a biologist who believes in intelligent design and claiming that they prove scientists agree on ID.

Your dishonesty is showing again.

-Rick
01-06-2016, 04:51 PM
(01-06-2016 04:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

"Proof" and "almost universally" do not belong in the same sentence.

Only true for those who believe the term "proof" shouldn't be used outside of mathematics.