About the death of my parents: That safe feeling
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2012, 08:29 AM
RE: About the death of my parents: That safe feeling
Thanks for the replies folks

I know that buying a gun won't necessarily make my life safer. After all, people owning a gun are more likely to be shot themselves (in the same sense people owning a car are more likely to be involved in a traffic accident.)

I'm not sure I will do it under these circumstances. Again, I know i'ts but an emotional thing and statistically I'm no less safe then I was before the events. But know =/= feel these days. It is unfair that I never asked to be in this position, yet I am forced to invest a lot of energy in it just to make the best of it. I don't want to do this but I'm left with no choice. It frustrates the fuck out of me!!

People who've been longer on this site know that "trust in humans" is one of the major parts of something that could be called "my personal religion" (to use a dirty word for a change). Seeing this trust damaged is a hard thing to swallow.

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post