About the death of my parents: The aftermath

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2011, 04:41 PM
About the death of my parents: The aftermath
"Hi, This is <Company> can I help you?
"Hi, I hope so, My name is <name> Both my parents are murdered and I want to cancel their account"
"Excuse me?"
"My name is <name> Both my parents are murdered and I want to cancel their account"
"..."
"EeEHH..."
"I put you trough"
Although it sounds harsh to say that to people, I tried to say, "my parents passed away" at first but mostly they started jabbing about getting authorisation from the other parent to get things done. (No Both are death... No, they where murdered, not sick. *sigh*) So after a few calls I decided to cut the corner.

Even now, telling someone you need to get stuff done because "both parents where murdered" sounds like a lame excuse. ("Just SAY you lost the paper, you sucker".)

A second problem was the fact that the house was sealed by the police. No chance to check what companies they had busyness with. Lucky the lady at the bank knew my mother personally. She was a great help.

On the 21 of dec I got an appointment with the police to remove the seals. Winters can be harsh in that area and the house needed to be prepared for the first frost. I agreed with my neighbours to come with me to enter the house for the first time. It was their idea. In a bizarre twist of faith it’s already the third time they do something similar.
The two officers removed the blue tape and unlocked the door and I send my neighbour in the house to check stuff while I was arranging the paperwork. When he came back a few minutes later, he said he just saw a small drag tack of blood, and a lot of gray dust. The police officers confirmed the dust being some product to search for tracks and fingerprints. A deep inhale, and off we go...
It was eerie to see the house in the state left whilst in the middle of the daily activity. An open crossword puzzle, pen on top. The dishes, clearly showing there was breakfast for three. Over-ripe banana's... The stench of the fridge content...
It took me and my neighbours an hour or three to clean the place. It felt good to see the house in a clean state when we left. I have a lot of happy memories there and now It’s not a crime-scene any more but just an unoccupied house.

It’s so weird to see that the villagers are avoiding that place. I had my parents neighbour passing by to say hi. Since it was rather cold I invited him in. He said he rather stayed outside. I also heard the son of the neighbour across the street doesn’t want to visit his mom anymore. He asked her if she could come to his place since the last time they passed by, their 4 year old daughter asked them what the blue tape was for. They told her it was Christmas decoration and moved on rather quickly. That 600 to 800 individuals village clearly is in shock.

We also had to find a lawyer. Quite a job for someone who's only contact with the law was an occasional parking violation. I think we found a good one with a human approach. She told us in a letter she was so impressed by our "courage and decisiveness in these dark days". Coming from someone with such background it really was a welcome moral boost.

I slowly start to get up from being knocked down. And I think I'm ready for the trial. I'm "sharpening my figurative knives"

I hope I make my parents proud.

more on this forum:
About the death of my parents: the murder
About the death of my parents: the funeral

Understanding "strength trough faith"
(About my relation with my parents)

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Observer's post
23-12-2011, 04:52 PM
RE: About the death of my parents: The aftermath
It's good to hear that you beginning to get back on your feet. I hope the trial isn't too bad for you, and you know if you want to talk about stuff we're all here.

And I'm sure you've already made your parents proud.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
23-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Yes, it really sounds like you're starting to get things under control, but try not to go through this process alone. There is really not much we can do, but please know that we would like to help you somehow if that is possible in any way. Take care of yourself and please keep us posted with whatever progress you make. If you feel like talking about it, tell us more about them and feel free to repeat your stories if that helps you. Thank you for sharing.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
23-12-2011, 05:34 PM
(23-12-2011 04:41 PM)The_observer Wrote:  A deep inhale, and off we go...
It was eerie to see the house in the state left whilst in the middle of the daily activity. An open crossword puzzle, pen on top. The dishes, clearly showing there was breakfast for three. Over-ripe banana's... The stench of the fridge content...
It took me and my neighbours an hour or three to clean the place. It felt good to see the house in a clean state when we left. I have a lot of happy memories there and now It’s not a crime-scene any more but just an unoccupied house.

T_O, I'm not exactly sure why, but right now, even as I type this, my eyes are watering with tears. I was really touched by your description of entering your parents' home. Through your words I could sense a moment frozen in time. Life before Death. The open crossword puzzle, pen on top... Your pain became very palatable to me with that image. I think what this inspires me to say is, I hope you will find many happy memories of your parents as moments frozen in time. May the good memories of time spent with your parents sustain you not only in these dark days, but also throughout the rest of your life.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
23-12-2011, 11:56 PM
You're a brave man in a traumatising situation. Commendable. Yes, your parents would be very proud. Heart

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
24-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Thoughts are with you. I see courage in your story.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Just because I don't believe in the death penalty... LostandInsecure 16 274 20-03-2014 03:54 AM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Can death be funny? Revenant77x 23 603 16-02-2014 11:41 AM
Last Post: donotwant
  Kenyan lawyer takes Israel, Pontius Pilate to Hague over Jesus’ death Vlad 3 267 17-08-2013 02:51 PM
Last Post: Vlad
  HU.Junyuan, are these YOUR parents??? Erxomai 7 435 23-05-2013 09:42 PM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Father of Four Bludgeoned to Death by Gang of Thugs bbeljefe 30 940 17-05-2013 10:38 PM
Last Post: bbeljefe
Shocked A man brought his girlfriend to meet his parents and he had to buy her a ticket. Why? HU.Junyuan 0 295 13-04-2013 03:02 AM
Last Post: HU.Junyuan
  Mushroom Death Suit Hobbitgirl 15 940 24-01-2013 04:14 PM
Last Post: Hobbitgirl