Abraham Lincoln:VH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Abraham Lincoln:VH
Okay, I like the occasional crap movie.

Not crap like GermanyT movies, but crap like Bruce Campbell action thrillers.
We can all admit to enjoying the odd Hollywood blockbuster as well I'm sure. I mean Die Hard anyone?

I was perusing a movie website (being a pretty big fan) looking to see what was coming soon. My eye spotted Frankenweenie (awesome, woohoo) so I clicked it. After watching the trailer there was a link at the bottom of the page. The name clicked for me as I'm not just a fan of movies but books as well (specializing in the horror genre)
The title I'd seen before on book shelves, as it's always stuffed into the horror section even though it isn't.
There is a whole series of these books, and they are quite popular. I haven't yet read any of them. This one is Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.
Apparently someone thought this would make a rally good blockbuster action horror movie. The only others in this category I can recall within the last couple of years would be the awful Underworld shite. Or I guess Twilight. (Oh god I'm puking)

From the trailer alone... I know I'll watch this thing. It looks fun.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
05-03-2012, 02:41 PM
RE: Abraham Lincoln:VH
Yep. I want to see it as well. His other movie "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" is coming out next year, I think.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
05-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Ok, I want to see that. Big Grin

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
05-03-2012, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 04:44 PM by germanyt.)
Hater. I have the most pretencious and sophisticated taste in movies EVAR!
FYI I have Amistad and The Mothman Prophecies up next in the queue. I've never seen either.

Edit. Just bumped Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and Paranormal Activity 3 up in front.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-03-2012, 04:39 PM
(05-03-2012 04:35 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Hater. I have the most pretencious and sophisticated taste in movies EVAR!
FYI I have Amistad and The Mothman Prophecies up next in the queue. I've never seen either.

I love both of those movies... especially Mothman. You won't like it, though. You're way too pretentious.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
05-03-2012, 04:59 PM
I didn't like Mothman, but I got to watch Amistad back in the day when I was trying to watch scrambly nude movies on pay per view. It came in clean so the general rule was I watched anything that came in clear because it was free.

It was pretty good, and a bit sad.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Mothman was ok... nothing to write home about. I work with a guy here from that town though. He was telling me about it which is why I watched it. He actually told me not to bother, it's all BS... I watched it anyway. Big Grin

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]