• 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2013, 06:13 PM
Absence of Evidence
Mathematical proof of (a very specific) god's (probable) non-existence:

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2013, 06:21 PM
RE: Absence of Evidence
(25-12-2013 06:13 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Mathematical proof of (a very specific) god's (probable) non-existence:

I wish they would print this stuff bold black on white - then I might be able to read it without my eyeballs falling out of my head. Confused

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-12-2013, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2013 07:22 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
Great stuff. Bookmarked for the next twat that comes in here spouting that shit!

Also:

"Now he does give a second argument designed to prove that Gawd does not exist, and that is that there is no evidence for Gawd's existence. Well, this is not a good argument, frankly..."

....because it's not an argument at all. What is happening is that "he" is calling the person asserting the "Gawd" claim on their failure to address their burden of proof.

In parliamentary terms, "he" is calling a "point of order".

WIKI:
"A point of order is a matter raised during consideration of a motion concerning the rules of parliamentary procedure. A point of order may be raised if the rules appear to have been broken. This may interrupt a speaker during debate, or anything else if the breach of the rules warrants it. The point is resolved before business continues."

Of course, making a contested assertion or claim in a debate and refusing to provide evidence to support that assertion or claim is breaking the rules. It's cheating.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
25-12-2013, 10:38 PM
(25-12-2013 06:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  I wish they would print this stuff bold black on white - then I might be able to read it without my eyeballs falling out of my head. Confused

Here. And that paper includes caveats to the Bayesian approach to absent evidence.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post