Absols - this is for you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Absols - this is for you
I just read your post in another thread that starts with this:

(30-09-2013 04:43 AM)absols Wrote:  ur love to ur life is all what is shown here in posts

as if all is about urselves realities in the world when it is not about it at all, but u want to use it as such for urself subjective life wills

how do atheism help u in ur life ??? it cant

atheism in truth of what it means, is literally being a theist, against one all

this objectively mean nothing or cant mean anything

in positive truth, atheism is about self kind of identity that refuse anyone else above it
If I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying that atheists are only concerned with themselves and their own lives. I have seen you make this same point in other threads. Well I disagree on many levels, the first being the definition of atheism. If you understand what atheism is, then you know that neither being selfish or caring about others is a trait specific to atheism. There are selfish atheists, generous atheists, self-centered atheists, other-centered atheists, and all varieties in between - just as there are for theists.

But I wanted to relate a personal story since I'm an atheist and supposedly selfish. Last Saturday, I was walking my dog at 11:30 at night. I went outside my neighborhood as I always do onto a very busy street. As I was waiting for my dog to do her business, I heard what initially sounded like 2 kids horsing around on the other side of the road. Then I began to wonder if one was actually getting beaten up by the other. I kept listening trying to hear over the traffic, and my dog even stopped to listen, refusing to do her business.

Soon I realized it was one person walking in my direction on the other side of the road sobbing uncontrollably, but it was so dark I couldn't see the person. Her crying was harsh like a wheeze on the inhale and a grunt on the exhale and the 2 distinct sounds are why I had initially thought it was 2 kids. Eventually, she walked under a dim streetlight and started to cross the road to my side. Now that I could see it was a girl walking by herself, my mind began to think the worst about why she might be crying so much. I called out "are you ok?", but the minute she heard me, she changed direction and went back to the other side of the road without answering. I couldn't see well in the dark, but I was guessing she was high school aged from what I could see and from the sound of the crying.

I stood there wondering what I should do. Had she been raped? Was she having a health problem? Was it just a bad fight with her boyfriend and she was just walking home? Was it something else? Should I get involved? Regardless, why was she walking home by herself that late in the dark? Did she see my dog and maybe was afraid of it? Would my dog behave if I did make more of an effort to approach her (because my dog doesn't always react nicely with people she doesn't know). I was very conflicted about whether to push the issue and try to help or let her go knowing she was in a dangerous situation walking alone in the dark.

I walked my dog on the other side of the road in the same direction for awhile trying to decide the right thing to do. Then I finally decided to let her go because she had clearly refused my offer of assistance and because I was unsure about how my dog would behave. I figured chances are she would get home ok. If she had been raped, a strange man was probably the last thing she needed to see and maybe the issue wasn't anything like that anyway. And I certainly didn't want my dog to start barking at a girl who might already have been terrorized. It's now 2 days later and I still haven't stopped thinking about her wondering what was wrong and wondering if she is ok.

My point in the story is that everything that went through my mind and still goes through my mind about this was/is about her, not me. If I was selfish like you suggested about atheists, I would have immediately ignored her crying and went about my business without giving her another thought. Instead, I so desperately wanted to help her and to do the right thing that I wrestled over what the right thing was for quite some time. I'm still not sure and it still bugs me.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
30-09-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Absols - this is for you
(30-09-2013 10:56 AM)Impulse Wrote:  ... desperately wanted to help her and to do the right thing that I wrestled over what the right thing was for quite some time. I'm still not sure and it still bugs me.

It was her choice to reject your initial overture.

'Man walking dog at night' would probably appear more innocent that 'man alone at night' and perhaps a follow up "do you need any help?" would have been ok but her body language (crossing the street) was a clear signal.

Good call, I'd say, so don't beat yourself up over it.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
30-09-2013, 11:41 AM
I hope the girl is okay. I probably would have at least followed a comfortable distance behind her to make sure she arrived safely wherever she was going, but as a female, this probably wouldn't have been seen as threatening behavior from me while it could have been seen that way from a man. I think we all have the basic instinct to help people, but society has somewhat conditioned some people to disregard others in need. From a religious standpoint though, I think it's easier to dismiss these things if you adhere to some faith that teaches that God will intervene if necessary. It takes the personal responsibility out of helping each other and doing the right thing. Atheist are often more proactive in these situations for that reason. We're not going to wait around for God to fix things. We do it ourselves when possible.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 1 user Likes Ohio Sky's post
30-09-2013, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2013 12:56 PM by absols.)
(30-09-2013 10:56 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I just read your post in another thread that starts with this:

(30-09-2013 04:43 AM)absols Wrote:  ur love to ur life is all what is shown here in posts

as if all is about urselves realities in the world when it is not about it at all, but u want to use it as such for urself subjective life wills

how do atheism help u in ur life ??? it cant

atheism in truth of what it means, is literally being a theist, against one all

this objectively mean nothing or cant mean anything

in positive truth, atheism is about self kind of identity that refuse anyone else above it
If I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying that atheists are only concerned with themselves and their own lives. I have seen you make this same point in other threads. Well I disagree on many levels, the first being the definition of atheism. If you understand what atheism is, then you know that neither being selfish or caring about others is a trait specific to atheism. There are selfish atheists, generous atheists, self-centered atheists, other-centered atheists, and all varieties in between - just as there are for theists.

But I wanted to relate a personal story since I'm an atheist and supposedly selfish. Last Saturday, I was walking my dog at 11:30 at night. I went outside my neighborhood as I always do onto a very busy street. As I was waiting for my dog to do her business, I heard what initially sounded like 2 kids horsing around on the other side of the road. Then I began to wonder if one was actually getting beaten up by the other. I kept listening trying to hear over the traffic, and my dog even stopped to listen, refusing to do her business.

Soon I realized it was one person walking in my direction on the other side of the road sobbing uncontrollably, but it was so dark I couldn't see the person. Her crying was harsh like a wheeze on the inhale and a grunt on the exhale and the 2 distinct sounds are why I had initially thought it was 2 kids. Eventually, she walked under a dim streetlight and started to cross the road to my side. Now that I could see it was a girl walking by herself, my mind began to think the worst about why she might be crying so much. I called out "are you ok?", but the minute she heard me, she changed direction and went back to the other side of the road without answering. I couldn't see well in the dark, but I was guessing she was high school aged from what I could see and from the sound of the crying.

I stood there wondering what I should do. Had she been raped? Was she having a health problem? Was it just a bad fight with her boyfriend and she was just walking home? Was it something else? Should I get involved? Regardless, why was she walking home by herself that late in the dark? Did she see my dog and maybe was afraid of it? Would my dog behave if I did make more of an effort to approach her (because my dog doesn't always react nicely with people she doesn't know). I was very conflicted about whether to push the issue and try to help or let her go knowing she was in a dangerous situation walking alone in the dark.

I walked my dog on the other side of the road in the same direction for awhile trying to decide the right thing to do. Then I finally decided to let her go because she had clearly refused my offer of assistance and because I was unsure about how my dog would behave. I figured chances are she would get home ok. If she had been raped, a strange man was probably the last thing she needed to see and maybe the issue wasn't anything like that anyway. And I certainly didn't want my dog to start barking at a girl who might already have been terrorized. It's now 2 days later and I still haven't stopped thinking about her wondering what was wrong and wondering if she is ok.

My point in the story is that everything that went through my mind and still goes through my mind about this was/is about her, not me. If I was selfish like you suggested about atheists, I would have immediately ignored her crying and went about my business without giving her another thought. Instead, I so desperately wanted to help her and to do the right thing that I wrestled over what the right thing was for quite some time. I'm still not sure and it still bugs me.

it is incredible u really take me for the last available thicko to have fun with

first, i said the opposite to ur claim, but since u r the real idiot here u couldnt see that ur story would reveal ur disability to read obvious words

a/theist, being against one all, is very good thing, against monarchy like anarchist too while anarchists are for freedom, where atheists are for positive life

willing to b relative, is by itself the highest vertu, it is by definition being able to accept else existence, wat believers and wills for oneall mean wont, bc it is about willing inferiority as the base, so always sense

and saying that u r an atheist without being able to put atheism in words, say the boring writer u r

atheists would spit at u if they had to b stopped for such story to read

and self kind of identity that refuse anyone else above it, is absolutely a right thing in absolute infinite truth

i translated the concept in that sense, atheism being right in truth

bc god is evil then atheist antigod is an absolute kind of right in truth, that now jesus is abusing, ur shit boss, is he the dog in the story ?? ohhh u ...and who is the dog ???

u dont want to discuss anything seriously bc u r shit, u r the careless about anything and especially anyone else, which prove that u r a believer, oneall so freedom to enjoy urself as u want in respect of some rules, which are mostly some obligations to lie and to vent hypocritly some shit morals

while i keep repeating the same thing u prove how u would always invent reading what u want to write
again i repeat, i dont fucking care about any one, so ur girl in the story put her in ur ass so as u and ur dog, most thing i hate is to read stories of ones
i bet u could describe the trees and the wind that night, for what u surely fancy on sounding as a novalist

for me anything that matter would b said of its objective matter, so its reasonable facts so real value so in truth
fuck u, with ur ways to kill the truth
who cares, we are sitting here waiting for truth to show up, but definitely u and ur jesus are gonna get down under the feet of right people

atheists are simply materialists in the sense and mean of positive individual life

which is not wrong compared to believers, but inferior dimension of existence that refuse the truth, same as believers

but atheists get very well with love and sharing they are the closer to nature and life

when u r the owner of anything u do then of course u need others individuals for living value, it is not about the need to value itself at all, it is about there is nothing else that matter so others are as important as u to urself

here where the value of atheism is full in the perspective of theism in truth for that matter

theism is starting by one to all being
atheism is starting by all to different livings

atheism is not wrong but it is not the truth
so fuck u with ur atheism and atheists

the whole existence by definition is to what exist it is to truth
not to what to distribute n how much did u got

bc truth is infinite superiority which exist clearly through free subjects objective realisations and positive sources of being, positive in the sense of being present constancy so in the sense of positive value

it is not bc i write about absolutes and infinity that im an inferior as a living

i prove always how i know much better anything and evrything then any other could claim knowing
while i also prove the exact morons u r in ur own means

there was always a word stuck in my head since i was a child and i couldnt figure its reason but i use to think about it a second
qui peut le plus peut le moins
now it gets clear
30-09-2013, 12:52 PM
(30-09-2013 12:48 PM)absols Wrote:  
(30-09-2013 10:56 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I just read your post in another thread that starts with this:

it is incredible u really take me for the last available thicko to have fun with

first, i said the opposite to ur claim, but since u r the real idiot here u couldnt see that ur story would reveal ur disability to read obvious words

a/theist, being against one all, is very good thing, against monarchy like anarchist too while anarchists are for freedom, where atheists are for positive life

willing to b relative, is by itself the highest vertu, it is by definition being able to accept else existence, wat believers and wills for oneall mean wont, bc it is about willing inferiority

and saying that u r an atheist without being able to put atheism in words, say the boring writer u r

and self kind of identity that refuse anyone else above it, is absolutely a right thing in absolute infinite truth

bc god is evil then atheist antigod is an absolute kind of right in truth, that now jesus is abusing, ur shit boss, is he the dog in the story ?? ohhh u ...and who is the dog ???

u dont want to discuss anything seriously bc u r shit, u r the careless about anything and especially anyone else, which prove that u r a believer, oneall so freedom to enjoy urself as u want in respect of some rules, which are mostly some obligations to lie and to vent hypocritly some shit morals

while i keep repeating the same thing u prove how u would always invent reading what u want to write
again i repeat, i dont fucking care about any one, so ur girl in the story put her in ur ass so as u and ur dog, most thing i hate is to read stories of ones
i bet u could describe the trees and the wind that night, for what u surely fancy on sounding as a novalist

for me anything that matter would b said of its objective matter, so its reasonable facts so real value so in truth
who cares, we are sitting here waiting for truth to show up, but definitely u and ur jesus are gonna get down under the feet of right people

atheists are simply materialists in the sense and mean of positive individual life

which is not wrong compared to believers, but inferior dimension of existence that refuse the truth, same as believers

but atheists get very well with love and sharing they are the closer to nature and life

when u r the owner of anything u do then of course u need others individuals for living value, it is not about the need to value itself at all, it is about there is nothing else that matter so others are as important as u to urself

here where the value of atheism is full in the perspective of theism in truth for that matter

bc truth is infinite superiority which exist clearly through free subjects objective realisations and positive sources of being, positive in the sense of being present constancy so in the sense of positive value

it is not bc i write about absolutes and infinity that im an inferior as a living

i prove always how i know much better anything and evrything then any other could claim knowing

but atheists are like

At least Impulse uses actual words...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2013, 01:14 PM
(30-09-2013 11:26 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-09-2013 10:56 AM)Impulse Wrote:  ... desperately wanted to help her and to do the right thing that I wrestled over what the right thing was for quite some time. I'm still not sure and it still bugs me.

It was her choice to reject your initial overture.

'Man walking dog at night' would probably appear more innocent that 'man alone at night' and perhaps a follow up "do you need any help?" would have been ok but her body language (crossing the street) was a clear signal.

Good call, I'd say, so don't beat yourself up over it.

Thanks.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
30-09-2013, 01:18 PM
(30-09-2013 11:41 AM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  I hope the girl is okay. I probably would have at least followed a comfortable distance behind her to make sure she arrived safely wherever she was going, but as a female, this probably wouldn't have been seen as threatening behavior from me while it could have been seen that way from a man. I think we all have the basic instinct to help people, but society has somewhat conditioned some people to disregard others in need. From a religious standpoint though, I think it's easier to dismiss these things if you adhere to some faith that teaches that God will intervene if necessary. It takes the personal responsibility out of helping each other and doing the right thing. Atheist are often more proactive in these situations for that reason. We're not going to wait around for God to fix things. We do it ourselves when possible.
Yeah, I thought about following her from a distance, but due to the severity of her crying, my mind was really thinking she had been raped or something. I didn't want to risk terrorizing her any more if that had been the case and my dog compounded the issue. It's funny what you said about the religious standpoint. On my way home, I was thinking that had I still been religious, I know I would have been praying for her.

30-09-2013, 01:33 PM
(30-09-2013 12:48 PM)absols Wrote:  

willing to b relative, is by itself the highest vertu, it is by definition being able to accept else existence, wat believers and wills for oneall mean wont, bc it is about willing inferiority as the base, so always sense

there was always a word stuck in my head since i was a child and i couldnt figure its reason but i use to think about it a second
now it gets clear
Ok, first, if I misunderstood you, then I'm sorry. But honestly I don't understand why you don't see from the many people who have told you countless times, that you are not writing very clearly. I'm not saying this to put you down; it's just a fact. So, instead of accusing me of thinking you are someone "thick" to have fun with, why don't you consider that maybe it is you that has the problem?

Even as I read your reply to me, I'm scratching my head over most of what you said. I see a lot of "fuck u" and other derogatory remarks and I do understand the first part where you said I interpreted your post from the other thread opposite to how you meant it. After that, you really start losing me. You also seem to be saying in there that I'm a theist and believe in Jesus. If that's the case, I have no idea where you got that from. If I interpreted that wrong too, then sorry, but again you're writing is very difficult to decipher. I am certainly no theist.

I just read over the post I quoted several times and I still can't see how you mean the opposite. Assuming "ur" is "your", it says things like:
"your love to your life"
"as if all is about yourselves"
"atheism is about self kind of identity that refuse anyone else above it"

So what ARE you trying to say that is supposedly "opposite"? Are you saying atheists are concerned with the well-being of others more than themselves?

30-09-2013, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2013 01:43 PM by Ohio Sky.)
(30-09-2013 12:48 PM)absols Wrote:  it is incredible u really take me for the last available thicko to have fun with

now it gets clear

This is the first and probably last time I will respond to anything you post. You can insult me if you like, but don't expect to get a reaction.

In the short time I've been active on this forum, I've seen the members here put more effort towards trying to communicate with you than I have ever witnessed on any forum, or even in real life situations. There has been numerous posts dedicated to just trying to figure out what the communication barrier between you and the rest of the forum is, none of which you have responded to in any way. If anyone has misunderstood your intent it is absolutely not for lack of effort. You seem to understand what others say just fine, and I've seen posts from you that indicate that you understand and have interesting insight on the given topic. However, the only things you've posted that have been completely coherant have been unnecessary insults. Until you reciprocate and show that you are also trying to overcome whatever barrier stands between you and understandable communication, you probably aren't going to be given the respect you deserve from the members of this forum. And it's all completely unnecessary. We're willing to work towards being able to converse with you. Your utter lack of willingness thus far to do the same tells me that you have no interest in being understood here. I hope I'm wrong, but so far it seems as though you only want to get attention and/or a reaction from the members.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 3 users Like Ohio Sky's post
30-09-2013, 01:38 PM
(30-09-2013 01:33 PM)Impulse Wrote:  So what ARE you trying to say that is supposedly "opposite"? Are you saying atheists are concerned with the well-being of others more than themselves?

Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post