Absols was banned‽

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: Absols was banned‽
(05-10-2013 09:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 09:04 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  "The contributors did not send in their $$ in to contribute so TTA could become known as the only internet site where religious, and conspiracy nutbags would be allowed to preach, and spam their insanity."

That would seem to refer to religious and conspiracy opinions to me.

fixt.

So no religious person should be allowed to air their views and stand by them? Wow, that wouldn't make the forum dull at all.

I'm also yet to be convinced on the whole "spam" thing. I think there are members here who use spam as a free licence to try and anyone banned they disagree with or don't like.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 09:18 PM
(05-10-2013 09:09 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 08:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  where religious, and conspiracy nutbags would be allowed to preach, and spam their insanity.

A little hostile to the religious, are we?

Why, yes - yes, we are. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2013, 10:08 PM
(05-10-2013 08:55 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 08:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Seth said he started TTA for a reason. It was not created to be NutBag Central.
The contributors did not send in their $$ in to contribute so TTA could become known as the only internet site where religious, and conspiracy nutbags would be allowed to preach, and spam their insanity. But maybe you aren't exactly the person who should be discussing spamming.

TTA is far more than just the forum. I'd like to think that the forum wasn't just some circle jerk where anyone with opposing opinions was booted out. Perhaps you need to learn to tolerate differing opinions?

And I'm the perfect person to discuss spamming on TTA, go check who wrote the rule. Thumbsup

Doesn't matter who wrote anything, or what was written. What was demonstrated was complete insensitivity to the point that a "quarantine" had to be initiated. You both should recuse yourselves from any discussion of the topic, as you both demonstrated you do not understand the issue, or have any understanding of it.

And please stop trying to devalue and invalidate the discussion by your "reductio ad absurdam". It's not gonna work No one is requesting that all religious posters be prevented from posting, or that people with opposing opinions be banned. Just that there be some measure of control, of spammers, that has been completely lacking. Either the word "spam" actually HAS a definitive meaning, or it doesn't.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
05-10-2013, 10:11 PM
(05-10-2013 08:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 08:39 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Who knew ignoring posts were so hard. I wonder why people couldn't do that when thread-outbreaks they disliked occurred on the forum.

Seth said he started TTA for a reason. It was not created to be NutBag Central.
The contributors did not send in their $$ to contribute so TTA could become known as the only internet site where religious, and conspiracy nutbags would be allowed to preach, and spam their insanity. But maybe you aren't exactly the person who should be discussing spamming.
Damn I missing all the good stuff. I really have no patience for the conspiracy folks, it usually just that 1 guy vs the world. The religious well..The only problem I have is when they try to pass legislation that impacts the rights of others who don't fit in within their creed or try to ban books because they think their inappropriate for children. They burned harry potter! (I have whole other post about that one) They can have their beliefs, believe what ever they want I don't care. But If they try to muscle their way in schools to teach their filth creationism then we got a problem. Otherwise they are pretty interesting.
05-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Absols was banned‽
What u rid absols you shit you happy now r u
This is fascist u fuck no freedom say anything
[+] 4 users Like black_squirrel's post
05-10-2013, 10:20 PM
(05-10-2013 10:12 PM)black_squirrel Wrote:  What u rid absols you shit you happy now r u

[Image: 359582.jpg]

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
06-10-2013, 02:46 AM
(05-10-2013 10:12 PM)black_squirrel Wrote:  What u rid absols you shit you happy now r u

Weren't you the one asking if it was ok to say "BS" on this forum?

You have come a long way, my friend.

Thumbsup

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
06-10-2013, 06:54 AM
(06-10-2013 02:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Weren't you the one asking if it was ok to say "BS" on this forum?

You have come a long way, my friend.

Thumbsup

They grow up so fast!Weeping

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 5 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
06-10-2013, 07:00 AM
(05-10-2013 09:11 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  So no religious person should be allowed to air their views and stand by them? Wow, that wouldn't make the forum dull at all.

I'm also yet to be convinced on the whole "spam" thing. I think there are members here who use spam as a free licence to try and anyone banned they disagree with or don't like.

While I agree on your stance that we need diversity and that the religious do add to this forum and spark a lot of conversation, thinking and also some hilarity, your thing about banning borders on the silly. Banning people because someone doesn't like them hasn't happened here and never will. Your faith in human kind is a little off...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-10-2013, 07:44 AM
(05-10-2013 09:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 09:09 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  A little hostile to the religious, are we?

Why, yes - yes, we are. Yes

Have a little heart. I have a lot of respect for you too. Let's not go bashing believers telling them they're not welcome here. Eric is better than that. You are better than that.

(05-10-2013 10:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Doesn't matter who wrote anything, or what was written. What was demonstrated was complete insensitivity to the point that a "quarantine" had to be initiated. You both should recuse yourselves from any discussion of the topic, as you both demonstrated you do not understand the issue, or have any understanding of it.

Are you blind? I swear I just said

(05-10-2013 08:56 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  it wasn't a big problem up until around the time Hughsie and I became a bit careless. We acknowledged that carelessness, and since have kept our banter reduced, or to ourselves completely.

There you go. I think we've demonstrated we understand the issue, and you've demonstrated you cannot read. Thumbsup