Absolute moral authority...who needs it!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2010, 01:18 PM

Absolute moral authority...who needs it!?
Watch this first...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aCRHjH6d...r_embedded

Then, comment. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2010, 01:26 PM

RE: Absolute moral authority...who needs it!?
What can i say, Professor Dawkins knows what he's talking about. enough said. however i will admit he kind of went too soft on that guy, but that's mainstream television for you.
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2010, 01:40 PM
I wanna be the minority
I don't need your authority
Down with the moral majority
'Cause I wanna be the minority

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Absolute morality is just another form of censorship. Who gets to say that this set of rules shows us right and wrong, and it transcends both space and time? Say this is right, and that is wrong, and you are never allowed to question it, is morally wrong in my eyes. You are forbidding anyone from thinking, and proposes new idea. You are wrong just for thinking, that's all it boils down to.

I don't want to get too much into the bible, but after reading what was said on this site, Jesus changed the morality(contradictory to absolute and unchanging morality). Martin claims that the rules for the Jewish no longer apply to Christians, because of Jesus. It is no longer morally incorrect to have a foreskin. Morals have been changed and altered through time, as it should be. To say that the topic should never be revisited and reconsidered is just censorship, plain and simple.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply