Abstinence Bill. Tennessee at it AGAIN!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2012, 10:29 AM

Abstinence Bill. Tennessee at it AGAIN!
God could not practice it and did the Premarital Bump with Mary. The PALIN's SURE cant practice it. So lets force this failed attempt at Sexual Morality down Tennessee's throat!

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/loc...x-20120321

Memphis, TN - A proposal that would require "family life education" curricula taught in schools to be abstinence-centered is advancing in the House.

The measure sponsored by Republican Rep. Jim Gotto of Hermitage passed the House Education Subcommittee on a voice vote on Wednesday. The legislation has become an alternative to a proposal that seeks to ban the teaching of gay issues to elementary and middle school students.

That proposal, known as the "Don't Say Gay" bill, seeks to limit all sexually related instruction to "natural human reproduction science" in kindergarten through eighth grade. It was up in the House Education Committee last week, but its sponsor delayed it to allow lawmakers to consider Gotto's more comprehensive proposal.

Tennessee Education Association lobbyist Jerry Winters says he doesn't think the bill is necessary because the State Board of Education already has a policy relating to sex education.
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2012, 10:51 AM
RE: Abstinence Bill. Tennessee at it AGAIN!
I say we take all of the liberals from the states, and all the conservatives from Canada and do a swap.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
23-03-2012, 05:23 PM
If they had any sense, they would teach programming, manga and logic courses. Sexual abstinence would be ensured.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Luminon's post
05-04-2012, 06:24 PM
(23-03-2012 05:23 PM)Luminon Wrote:  If they had any sense, they would teach programming, manga and logic courses. Sexual abstinence would be ensured.

Damn it, I missed out on doing Manga at university, my trinity of abstinence is incomplete. Maybe thats why I am constatntly finding myself having this dastardly corrupting sinnful sex. Angry

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
Find all posts by this user
05-04-2012, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2012 06:39 PM by Chas.)
(22-03-2012 10:51 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I say we take all of the liberals from the states, and all the conservatives from Canada and do a swap.
No, we won't take them. Dodgy

Tell me again because I apparently wasn't paying attention: why is abstinence good?

Studies have shown a high positive correlation between the peacefulness of a society and sexual freedom among its youth. And a high correlation between violence and sexual repression. Just sayin'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post