Abuse.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2011, 07:19 PM
RE: Abuse.
(29-11-2011 06:11 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(11-11-2011 05:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This seems like reasoned and considered advice to me.

National Child Abuse Hotline

C.Y.T.B seems pretty erudite and outgoing for an abused child. But who knows?
By all means utilize GMs hot line when deemed neccessary.

How do I sound? 43 year-old certified psychopath (thanks to the family unit) gonna go back east - and if I see my brother, homicide may ensue. I know how that sounds. Preventable. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2011, 07:47 PM
(29-11-2011 07:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  How do I sound? 43 year-old certified psychopath (thanks to the family unit) gonna go back east - and if I see my brother, homicide may ensue. I know how that sounds. Preventable. Wink

Pretty sure Gwynnies would not approve.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-11-2011, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 08:30 PM by Erxomai.)
(29-11-2011 07:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-11-2011 07:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  How do I sound? 43 year-old certified psychopath (thanks to the family unit) gonna go back east - and if I see my brother, homicide may ensue. I know how that sounds. Preventable. Wink

Pretty sure Gwynnies would not approve.

Doesn't Gwynnies teach that you are your brother's keeper?

CYTB, please consider the advice you've been given so far. I'm not a licensed therapist, but I do have a background in counseling and psychology. When there is a minor who is receiving all the abuse, like you are, when that minor grows up and moves out of the house, the abuse generally will be directed toward the children that are left in the home. Not always the case, but often is. Also, think about how quiet you've been about the abuse you've received. Do you know 100% your siblings haven't been abused as well? Certainly verbal and emotional abuse, I'm sure. My point is, even if you think you're tough enough to withstand all this crap, your silence could keep the vicious cycle turning. I don't mean to put a bunch of responsibility you and say it's all on you to do something. I just mean, as you think about the consequences of telling the authorities, you also need to be just as clear about the consequences of not telling.

I've been very impressed with your online persona. And as an old man, who has seen a lot of crap, I know you're going to turn out just fine. Might take a while...but you're going to turn out just fine.
GM's suggested website has some great advice:

You Should Know

* No one has the right to abuse you.
* You don't deserve to be abused.
* If you are being abused, you are a victim.
* It's not your fault that you are being treated this way.
* It is wrong that you are suffering this pain, fear or sadness.
* You are not alone. Other kids suffer abuse, too.
* Sometimes abusers scare or threaten kids so they won't tell.
* There are people who care about you and want to help you.
* If you are being abused, please tell a safe person - that's someone you can trust like a teacher, counselor, school nurse, neighbor or parent. You can also talk to a Childhelp USA hotline counselor.

CALL 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) then push 1 to talk to a hotline counselor. The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The hotline counselors work with translators who speak 140 languages to help people who call and speak something other than English. All calls are anonymous. (The hotline counselors don't know who you are and you don't have to tell them.)

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post