Abusive Relationship... With God
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Abusive Relationship... With God
The following is a list of signs that your relationship is abusive.

Is your partner:
Jealous or possessive toward you? “You shall have no other gods before me." -Exodus 20:3

Tries to control you by being very bossy or demanding. Religious laws in Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.

Tries to isolate you by demanding you cut off social contacts and friendships. "Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work." - 2 John 1:9-11

Is violent and / or loses his or her temper quickly. The Flood, Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, 10 plagues of Egypt, the conquer of Cannan (seriously, read Joshua and Judges).

Pressures you sexually, demands sexual activities you are not comfortable with. Controls your sex life with rules and limitations.

Blames you when he or she mistreats you. People are told repeatedly that God will punish those who do not follow him.

Has a history of bad relationships. According to many believers, there is a larger number of souls in Hell than Heaven.

You frequently worry about how he or she will react to things you say or do. After making a simple mistake and 'giving in to temptation' you worry and ask your god for forgiveness.

You leave and then return to your partner repeatedly. Many people leave the church and return regularly.

You have trouble ending the relationship, even though you know inside it's the right thing to do. Some don't even know it's the right thing to do, but the de-conversion process is one of the most difficult things to do.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Science Believer's post
23-02-2012, 08:53 PM
RE: Abusive Relationship... With God

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
23-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Call a help center?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
24-02-2012, 04:58 AM
"Hello Aunt Agony? I'm stuck with a serious problem, and I hope you would help me out. My partner, which I do not know his real name, forced me to refer him as "My Lord", "His Holiness", and other unusual names. He is extremely possessive and doesn't let me step out of the house once. One time, I saw my neighbour, Brahma, a nice jolly Indian man, and said Hello to him. Somehow, my partner found out and threatened to burn my possessions and hurt me with a flaming poker if I ever do that again. The only people I am able to talk to is his group of friends, his best friend is called Gabriel if I am not mistaken. Even then, he has this strange set of rules that if I do not follow, he will burn me with hot charcoal. He is a violent and extremely short tempered person. I remember there was this kid whose ball landed on our lawn. He stormed out, dragged the kid in, beat him to pulp while spouting threats and curses, along the lines of eternal torture and cursing his family. Now, I read, secretly for he abhors me learning anything except whatever he says, that I should end my relationship with him. The problem is that I love him! Every night, he would insist that he loves me, despite all the torturous things he had done, and makes sure I love him. I feel like a person who suffers from Stockholm's syndrome. Please, help me, to get away from him, and live like a normal human being."

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post