Account Closing and Post Editing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2013, 08:29 PM
RE: Account Closing and Post Editing
(07-04-2013 08:04 PM)kim Wrote:  Doctor X was here just recently for just a very short time. He had a relevant, well written presentation that he copy/pasted into a few threads as a response to troll arguments.

Chas decided it was spam having it repeatedly posted - an intolerable thing for him. Chas warned Doctor X he would delete it the next time he posted it. Doctor X took it just as personally and requested his account be deleted and then systematically deleted nearly all his previous posts.

I liked Doctor X. He was smart and unshakable ... to a certain extent.

Some people are often quite overly focused and when startled out of this focus, it can be somewhat traumatic so, they bolt. I think that may be the case with Doctor X.

Chas just thinks he was disturbed.
I would say, in some cases, disturbed might be a matter of perspective. Shy

Intolerable? No.
Lazy and annoying? Yes.

His reaction was childish, petulant, and absurd. Good riddance.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
07-04-2013, 08:33 PM
What about a time limit on edits? Sometimes people post personal things that they may think better of later. Just a thought.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
07-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Or replace the name of the false prophet with the real one......Wink

Seriously though, I posted the name of the wrong character in one of mine, & quickly edited in the correct one as I spotted my mistake!

07-04-2013, 09:37 PM
I don't think we're getting rid of edit ability... Confused at least, I hope to hell not!

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
07-04-2013, 09:38 PM
(07-04-2013 09:37 PM)kim Wrote:  I don't think we're getting rid of edit ability... Confused at least, I hope to hell not!

You do know you can access the heart of the action in the FT sections? You don't have to wait out here for an announcement. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
07-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Damn people with special privileges...time to go pout.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-04-2013, 09:46 PM
(07-04-2013 08:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  Intolerable? No.
Lazy and annoying? Yes.

His reaction was childish, petulant, and absurd. Good riddance.
Sorry, I meant you generally find spam and the repetition of copy/paste postings intolerable.

Lazy - maybe.
Annoying - a little.

His reaction - yes, childish.
Good riddance - hmm... I don't know; he wasn't around long enough for me to form much of an opinion. I need people to grow on me. Like a fungus. Only then I can decide if they should eat shit and/or die. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
07-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Hadn't noticed the doc had fled, been busy lately. Kind of a shame, he did have some pretty in depth shit at times. I did notice the copy /paste was getting tiresome.

A simple solution perhaps would have been to post a link to a previous thread instead of posting the whole thing again.

His reaction does seem pretty childish. Oh well. The fucks, I give not

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
07-04-2013, 10:44 PM
The first I read the copy paste...it was ok..but when it began showing up in many different threads...it began looking unoriginal and in some cases just off topic to the original post. I started to just pass over him.

I noticed that he went back and erased many or all his comments...not sure which...that was a bit childish but whatever.

If the people had removed him, like he asked, would (assuming of course he asked first) he had been able to edit his posts?

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-04-2013, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 11:09 PM by DeepThought.)
(07-04-2013 10:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If the people had removed him, like he asked, would (assuming of course he asked first) he had been able to edit his posts?

I don't think that line of thinking really helps since things like account deletion and banning shouldn't be taken lightly. He did pm me asking for the account to be removed.

Consider

Maybe if he had threatened to vandalise forum threads I would have caved in to his petty terrorist demands.

I think it's better to impose some kind of time limit on post editing. That would reliably limit future occurrences.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 3 users Like DeepThought's post