Account Closing and Post Editing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2013, 11:32 PM
RE: Account Closing and Post Editing
(07-04-2013 11:05 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 10:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If the people had removed him, like he asked, would (assuming of course he asked first) he had been able to edit his posts?

I don't think that line of thinking really helps since things like account deletion and banning shouldn't be taken lightly. He did pm me asking for the account to be removed.

Consider

Maybe if he had threatened to vandalise forum threads I would have caved in to his petty terrorist demands.

I think it's better to impose some kind of time limit on post editing. That would reliably limit future occurrences.

Sorry, it was just a question. I'm not sure tho how someone requesting their account to be deleted is akin to being banned.

But I'll just be a good girl and be still (really need to work on keeping my ponderings to myself anyway).

Sorry to be a bother. Smile

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-04-2013, 11:48 PM
Formal Announcement:

I made a lot of mistakes in expressing myself, grammar, spelling ...

If there is no edit ability ...

you will find me dead in the threads.

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
07-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Oh please remove the edit function!

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
08-04-2013, 12:04 AM
(07-04-2013 08:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  FZUMedia?

No. He actually knew his stuff re the Bible. He was far more intelligent than fzu.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
08-04-2013, 12:24 AM
He had some good posts... Definitely overreacted.

I'm sure there are more than a few crazies on here with various triggers. Evil_monster
08-04-2013, 02:27 AM
Just out of curiosity....why should we care whether or not somebody decides to self-vandalize? Is it really worth imposing new restrictions to hinder somebody that wishes to swipe their own posts?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
08-04-2013, 03:30 AM

I probably don't have to tell you this, but Dr. X is not mentally stable, not in my opinion. He can rarely hold a thought together to even make a cogent post. He followed me over here from the skeptic forum as adenosis said, and over there, he acts and posts the same way. I rarely ever even acknowledge him.
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2013, 03:38 AM
Personally I think that people who butcher their posts are kind of inconsiderate to all of the others users and guests who come here to the forum.

I like the editing function and think it should stay in place to some regards. So I agree that there should be a time limit on editing posts like Anjele and Deepthought have suggested and its something that immediately sprang to my mind. Logically Im guessing people notice any grammatical errors they may make straight away after posting and edit them, however the next day and beyond??? Maybe.... but even so the limits will apply to all of us and in the light of recent events I think grammatical errors can be kind of overlooked as we dont have to many "grammar nazis" and I find people who attack grammar rather than the subjects involved kinda childish in their own regards.

So I vote for something like a 24 hour editing limit with the option for people (if they feel it is important) to request further editing from a member of the forum team.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
08-04-2013, 03:39 AM
(08-04-2013 03:30 AM)Egor Wrote:  I probably don't have to tell you this, but Dr. X is not mentally stable, not in my opinion. He can rarely hold a thought together to even make a cogent post. He followed me over here from the skeptic forum as adenosis said, and over there, he acts and posts the same way. I rarely ever even acknowledge him.

Who are you?

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
08-04-2013, 03:45 AM
(08-04-2013 03:38 AM)bemore Wrote:  Personally I think that people who butcher their posts are kind of inconsiderate to all of the others users and guests who come here to the forum.

I like the editing function and think it should stay in place to some regards. So I agree that there should be a time limit on editing posts like Anjele and Deepthought have suggested and its something that immediately sprang to my mind. Logically Im guessing people notice any grammatical errors they may make straight away after posting and edit them, however the next day and beyond??? Maybe.... but even so the limits will apply to all of us and in the light of recent events I think grammatical errors can be kind of overlooked as we dont have to many "grammar nazis" and I find people who attack grammar rather than the subjects involved kinda childish in their own regards.

So I vote for something like a 24 hour editing limit with the option for people (if they feel it is important) to request further editing from a member of the forum team.

Has this sort of thing happened often or is this the first time? If it is the latter, and I'm guessing it is by the reaction, it's rarity shows it to be much less of a problem than it seems right now. Prisoner of the moment. This kind of flame out is probably not going to happen very often and it seems like we are taking a sledgehammer to a mosquito in response. But thats just my 2 cents.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A thread for people who never post in any threads. Raptor Jesus 22 339 16-04-2014 09:10 PM
Last Post: Cephalotus
  Threaded Post Mode Tartarus Sauce 9 207 13-01-2014 10:01 AM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Post here and I'll Rep You. GirlyMan 52 954 25-12-2013 01:47 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Can I post parts of threads from another forum? dancefortwo 5 199 28-09-2013 06:01 AM
Last Post: Chas
  Where do we post pictures? TwoCultSurvivor 9 321 16-07-2013 02:25 AM
Last Post: Filox
  The Thinking Atheist DOES NOT POST HERE Unbeliever 1 1,509 14-07-2013 05:41 PM
Last Post: Editor-TheThinkingAtheist
  Please remove my double post ghostexorcist 1 144 13-06-2013 10:22 PM
Last Post: DeepThought