Achievement of the Day Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2012, 02:57 PM
RE: Achievement of the Day Thread
(17-10-2012 11:26 AM)robotworld Wrote:  Image with added colour filter Smile Hope to get better images subsequently.

That is fucking awesome!

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Got called a sexist and was accused of hating minorities because I called Hillary Clinton a retard. Yes, the person accusing me was a retarded woman too. Perhaps she was trying to prove herself right by making me think that there is a pattern here Consider

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
17-10-2012, 05:55 PM
(17-10-2012 04:04 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Got called a sexist and was accused of hating minorities because I called Hillary Clinton a retard. Yes, the person accusing me was a retarded woman too. Perhaps she was trying to prove herself right by making me think that there is a pattern here Consider

Wow. Sounds like a bit of an over reaction to me!

At best, I think you may be a little insensitive since that word can be hurtful.

Just curious.....what was Hilary Clinton late for?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
17-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Did not shit my pants today.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 10 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-10-2012, 06:22 AM
I am very cheery today, because I landed a good contract today with a client who wanted me anyways. And especially all freelancers on here, know how important something like that is and how something like that can totally make your day Smile *dances around*

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
19-10-2012, 06:47 AM
I hit the 100000 zombies killed achievement on Dead Rising 2: Off the Record today... I hadn't played it in ages, but I didn't have anything to do, so I guessed that killing a fuck load of zombies would waste some time.

[Image: opforum1.png]
24-10-2012, 01:53 AM
Had a Green Day today.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
24-10-2012, 06:15 AM
(17-10-2012 10:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Did not shit my pants today.

It's the little victories that make it all worthwhile...

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
24-10-2012, 06:53 PM
I wrote a (hopefully helpful) several paragraph reply to an old classmate I recently reconnected with. It feels good to think something I say might help him. I have warm fuzzies now. <3

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
24-10-2012, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2012 10:20 PM by Dark Light.)
(17-10-2012 05:55 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(17-10-2012 04:04 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Got called a sexist and was accused of hating minorities because I called Hillary Clinton a retard. Yes, the person accusing me was a retarded woman too. Perhaps she was trying to prove herself right by making me think that there is a pattern here Consider

Wow. Sounds like a bit of an over reaction to me!

At best, I think you may be a little insensitive since that word can be hurtful.

Just curious.....what was Hilary Clinton late for?

Maybe it was a bit insensitive, but this this woman was defending a statement made by Hilary Clinton, which offended me. I do not easily get offended, but damn it, she pissed me off. I don't expect everyone to understand why it is offensive but if you have ever been in a war for any length of time then you probably would get it.

"Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat." - H Clinton

Anyway, I have known people who were deployed with me that returned in a metal casket. Let me tell you, women who have spouses do not have it easy, but they aren't the primary victims of war.

Now it's true that I never like Hilary, not her policies, not her personality, not a god damn thing, but that pissed me off. The women defending her claimed to be a feminist, but based on other words she seemed more anti-man than feminist to me. In any case she was not offended at the word "retard", she was offended that I dare insult a women. In her mind, because I have a penis and white skin I am not allowed to insult anyone else for any reason unless they also have a penis and white skin. Now that is retarded. Sorry this turned into more of a rant than an explanation.

"You don't call retarded people 'retard'. It's in bad taste. You call your friends retard when they're acting retarded." - Michael G. Scott, The Office (US) Tongue