Achievement of the Day Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2012, 06:42 PM
RE: Achievement of the Day Thread
I ate 4 chocolate truffles when I wanted to eat 4000.

Drooling

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2012, 06:49 PM
I have no achievements today (unless you wanna count having the worst day ever as an achievement). I did nothing of value today and had a horrible time doing it. The best part is I get to go through most of it again tomorrow.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
06-10-2012, 06:53 PM
(06-10-2012 05:46 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  1) Successfully tolerated riding the buses on game day to arrive at my destination 7 miles away after about 2.5 hours.

2) Posted a new blog entry (not terrific writing, just thoughts) :

http://vaweber.wordpress.com/2012/10/06/...d-i-share/

3) Shared it with you people.

4) About to accomplish walking a mile and a half to the bus stop in the dark. Send a rescue squad if I don't log in later! *gulp*

5) Inadvertently admitted to y'all that I'm afraid of walking in the dark.

Made it! *phew*

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2012, 06:55 PM
(06-10-2012 06:49 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I have no achievements today (unless you wanna count having the worst day ever as an achievement). I did nothing of value today and had a horrible time doing it. The best part is I get to go through most of it again tomorrow.

Do you get paid extra for becoming proficient at it?

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
06-10-2012, 07:28 PM
(06-10-2012 06:49 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I have no achievements today (unless you wanna count having the worst day ever as an achievement). I did nothing of value today and had a horrible time doing it. The best part is I get to go through most of it again tomorrow.

At least you have me and Linky, Huggsie.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
06-10-2012, 08:20 PM
I woke up without being in A-fib anymore.

Considering my night, I'd say that's a pretty respectable achievement.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
07-10-2012, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 04:29 PM by FSM_scot.)
I learned that if you took all the DNA from all your cells, the combined length would be approximately enough to stretch to the sun and back about 600 times. The sun is approx 150,000,000 km away (the distance varies) so that means you have approx 200,000,000,000 km of DNA in you body.

The fact I remembered that without my head exploding due to the sheer mindblowingness of that is a fucking acheivment in itself.

(these are estimates so the numbers won't be perfect. Still amazing when you think about it.)

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
07-10-2012, 04:31 PM
(07-10-2012 04:26 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I learned that if you took all the DNA from all your cells, the combined length would be approximately enough to stretch to the sun and back about 600 times. The sun is approx 150,000,000 km away (the distance varies) so that means you have approx 200,000,000,000 km of DNA in you body.

The fact I remembered that without my head exploding due to the sheer mindblowingness of that is a fucking acheivment in itself.

(these are estimates so the numbers won't be perfect. Still amazing when you think about it.)

That is pretty amazing and I didn't know.

I guess that is now my accomplishment - learning abot the DNA. I also ate another 4 chocolate truffles. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-10-2012, 02:41 AM
(07-10-2012 04:26 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I learned that if you took all the DNA from all your cells, the combined length would be approximately enough to stretch to the sun and back about 600 times. The sun is approx 150,000,000 km away (the distance varies) so that means you have approx 200,000,000,000 km of DNA in you body.

Considering there are over 7 billion people on this planet (not to mention the untold numbers of animals) who each contain that much DNA; it's a fact that is almost unbelievable. In every literal sense of the word.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
11-10-2012, 03:32 PM
I cleared out loads of crap that was lying round doing my head in at work.

Doesn't sound like much but I feel great right now. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.