Achievement of the Day Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2012, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2012 12:07 AM by DLJ.)
RE: Achievement of the Day Thread
(27-09-2012 10:27 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Acheivement for yesterday...making it through sitting at the hospital for yet another test that yielded the results, "nothing is wrong with hubby". Not physically anyway. Lost a day's pay to find out what I already knew and didn't choke anyone.

Plan for today...figure out how to unclench my teeth long enough for this headache to go away.

Sounds like a little "tough love" is required.

Would it count as an achievement to get hold of some cyanide capsules?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-09-2012, 12:07 AM
The topic is if people think that, according to the census done in 2011 here, traditional families (wife/husband/offspring) have fallen away because of organized religion also falling away. The host said any world view was welcome to comment, but then after I commented I realized all the listeners were preachy and there were prayer lines open to call in to Dodgy . Wish I would have heard those before the comment and I wouldn't have wasted my time. But, it was funny to hear the host drop my comment after the very first sentence.

Anyway, comment was,

Quote:I don't think traditional family has been a great way to support our society. Many people have slipped through those cracks and families have become broken. So now, new families have sprung and supported each other. It is a liberation and a step forward. People are now being loved for who they are and not how a tradition wants them to be. This is most possibly a result of stepping away from organized religion because organized religion has tried to stuff people in boxes they don't fit in for far too long.
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
28-09-2012, 12:10 AM
(28-09-2012 12:07 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  The topic is if people think that, according to the census done in 2011 here, traditional families (wife/husband/offspring) have fallen away because of organized religion also falling away. The host said any world view was welcome to comment, but then after I commented I realized all the listeners were preachy and there were prayer lines open to call in to Dodgy . Wish I would have heard those before the comment and I wouldn't have wasted my time. But, it was funny to hear the host drop my comment after the very first sentence.

Anyway, comment was,

Quote:I don't think traditional family has been a great way to support our society. Many people have slipped through those cracks and families have become broken. So now, new families have sprung and supported each other. It is a liberation and a step forward. People are now being loved for who they are and not how a tradition wants them to be. This is most possibly a result of stepping away from organized religion because organized religion has tried to stuff people in boxes they don't fit in for far too long.

Awesome!

It's a shame that I've already +1 repped you.
I want to +2 you.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-09-2012, 12:15 AM
OH my god! I still have this stupid show on while I work and he read the rest of my comment and asked other people to respond. Ha ha. This is getting exciting now. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
28-09-2012, 12:20 AM
(28-09-2012 12:10 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-09-2012 12:07 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  The topic is if people think that, according to the census done in 2011 here, traditional families (wife/husband/offspring) have fallen away because of organized religion also falling away. The host said any world view was welcome to comment, but then after I commented I realized all the listeners were preachy and there were prayer lines open to call in to Dodgy . Wish I would have heard those before the comment and I wouldn't have wasted my time. But, it was funny to hear the host drop my comment after the very first sentence.

Anyway, comment was,

Awesome!

It's a shame that I've already +1 repped you.
I want to +2 you.

Thank you Smile
29-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Watched ManlyGirl install a new floor in the foyer. She was very impressive. Thumbsup

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
30-09-2012, 05:07 PM
(29-09-2012 07:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Watched ManlyGirl install a new floor in the foyer. She was very impressive. Thumbsup

What! Are your fucking arms broken or something? Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
30-09-2012, 05:08 PM
(30-09-2012 05:07 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(29-09-2012 07:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Watched ManlyGirl install a new floor in the foyer. She was very impressive. Thumbsup

Probably eating popcorn and drinking beer. Takes two hands.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2012, 05:21 PM
(30-09-2012 05:07 PM)aurora Wrote:  

What! Gender stereotyping or something? Big Grin

Prolly would have got his head broke trying to interfere. Yes

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2012, 05:33 PM
(30-09-2012 05:21 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 05:07 PM)aurora Wrote:  What! Are your fucking arms broken or something? Dodgy

What! Gender stereotyping or something? Big Grin

Prolly would have got his head broke trying to interfere. Yes

No, no, no, Johnny, many hands make light work Sleepy

...and his head's already broke so......? Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)