Active Shooter on Ohio State Campus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2016, 03:02 PM
RE: Active Shooter on Ohio State Campus
Good thing that the man didn't had access to a gun. It could have been a lot worse. Its a rare day where a mass attack doesn't cause the death of at least one person beside the attacker.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
28-11-2016, 03:04 PM
(28-11-2016 03:02 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Good thing that the man didn't had access to a gun. It could have been a lot worse. Its a rare day where a mass attack doesn't cause the death of at least one person beside the attacker.

My thoughts exactly. It ain't much of a silver lining, but at least no one died (clearly not counting the assailant here).

Mass murderer with a knife = 9 people wounded

Mass murderer with a gun = potentially dozens of dead people

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
28-11-2016, 03:04 PM
(28-11-2016 02:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What I heard was a butcher knife (they're not really huge).

Depends on what you wanna butcher.

[Image: knife_zps0y7uk0qo.jpg]

#sigh
28-11-2016, 03:32 PM
(28-11-2016 03:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-11-2016 02:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What I heard was a butcher knife (they're not really huge).

Depends on what you wanna butcher.

Dude that's a cleaver.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-11-2016, 03:33 PM
(28-11-2016 03:04 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(28-11-2016 03:02 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Good thing that the man didn't had access to a gun. It could have been a lot worse. Its a rare day where a mass attack doesn't cause the death of at least one person beside the attacker.

My thoughts exactly. It ain't much of a silver lining, but at least no one died (clearly not counting the assailant here).

Mass murderer with a knife = 9 people wounded

Mass murderer with a gun = potentially dozens of dead people

Might have beeen less, had he not hit them with a car first. I dunno the world is messed up.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-11-2016, 03:38 PM
(28-11-2016 03:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-11-2016 03:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Depends on what you wanna butcher.

Dude that's a cleaver.

I know but I find butcher's knives to be ineffective. Why the curved tip anyway? Separating joints? That's what hands are for.

#sigh
28-11-2016, 04:05 PM
(28-11-2016 03:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-11-2016 03:00 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "good guy with a gun" babble in 5, 4, 3,...

No, he was a cop. They're supposed to have them.

Sorry, I meant "If there had been a good guy with a gun right at the scene the only injury would have been to the perp." This idyllic scenarios they come up with are amusing to an old machine gunner.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
28-11-2016, 04:56 PM
(28-11-2016 04:05 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Sorry, I meant "If there had been a good guy with a gun right at the scene the only injury would have been to the perp." This idyllic scenarios they come up with are amusing to an old machine gunner.

Um... not exactly. Muslim student Abdul Razak Ali Artan rammed a group of pedestrians with his car, injuring four people. How could anybody armed with a gun have prevented this? As a bad guy with a gun (had he been so armed) he could've easily killed all eight of the (merely) injured. And this scenario illustrates exactly why the US desperately needs to tighten its gun licensing and purchasing laws.

With a knife, the guy could only injure four people, rather than killing forty—with a gun.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
28-11-2016, 05:02 PM
(28-11-2016 04:56 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(28-11-2016 04:05 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Sorry, I meant "If there had been a good guy with a gun right at the scene the only injury would have been to the perp." This idyllic scenarios they come up with are amusing to an old machine gunner.

Um... not exactly. Muslim student Abdul Razak Ali Artan rammed a group of pedestrians with his car, injuring four people. How could anybody armed with a gun have prevented this? As a bad guy with a gun (had he been so armed) he could've easily killed all eight of the (merely) injured. And this scenario illustrates exactly why the US desperately needs to tighten its gun licensing and purchasing laws.

With a knife, the guy could only injure four people, rather than killing forty—with a gun.

A vehicle is more deadly.

On the evening of 14 July 2016, Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, a Tunisian resident of France, deliberately drove a 19-tonne cargo truck into crowds.

That beats all the "active shooters"....

Better outlaw vehicles.....

If somebody steals my gun and kills someone - I could be criminally liable.

If somebody steals my car - and runs over a hundred people - the insurance company buys me a new car........

Go figure...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-11-2016, 05:57 PM
(28-11-2016 04:56 PM)SYZ Wrote:  

Can you loop back and read what I actually said, or do we just go on down the rabbit hole?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user