Activism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Activism
What kind of grooming would that entail? I suppose we do it when we encourage those who come across these lands young and full of wise writing skills already profess a desire to incite and inform those around them... that they should educate themselves legitimately and continue to take their ideas to other forms than simply forums. I enjoy when we see the books of any point like BuddyChrists come out of something of a communicated discussion.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
24-11-2014, 03:32 AM
(23-11-2014 10:53 AM)microterf Wrote:  ...
I think I am going to start a somewhat aggressive campaign challenging different church leaders

I'm on the same path but my sights are set on a different target... Islam.

Cool

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
24-11-2014, 03:56 AM
I'm setting the groundwork now to be active in a few years. I'm not coming out until my grandparents and my husband's grandparents are dead. Once I'm in a financially stable position (I've gone back to considering CRNA partially for this reason), I plan to become politically active. I'm educating myself now so I can be a more effective voice of reason later.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
24-11-2014, 06:43 AM
(22-11-2014 06:19 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  These I feel are way too in-your-face, would really turn people off, and perpetuate the notion at atheists are trying to take religion away from people. Religion is very sacred to people who hold it, and I think these actions would hurt rather than help.

Agreed. There are a lot of Christians who will vocally oppose atheism entirely, but there are also some that have adopted the same live-and-let-live approach, where they only complain about what they perceive as "militant" atheism. This would almost certainly qualify.

Also, there would be a certain amount of irony in the notion of atheist proselytizing, and we know how much we all hate proselytizing. Wink
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
24-11-2014, 08:30 AM
(24-11-2014 06:43 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  ...
Also, there would be a certain amount of irony in the notion of atheist proselytizing, and we know how much we all hate proselytizing. Wink

Sure. But we love irony.

Big Grin

24-11-2014, 08:55 AM
(24-11-2014 03:32 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 10:53 AM)microterf Wrote:  ...
I think I am going to start a somewhat aggressive campaign challenging different church leaders

I'm on the same path but my sights are set on a different target... Islam.

Cool

I will be sad when we get the news of your beheading. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
24-11-2014, 06:18 PM
(24-11-2014 08:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 03:32 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm on the same path but my sights are set on a different target... Islam.

Cool

I will be sad when we get the news of your beheading. Weeping

But at least I'll get my 15 minutes of fame on YouTube.

Take comfort in the thought that I'll take a few of them down with me.

Cool

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
24-11-2014, 06:26 PM
(22-11-2014 05:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I've been pondering for while...

Should we be actively attempting to deconvert? Looking for ways to undo the indoctrination?

Maybe:
Newsletters?
Trolling theist sites?
Grooming the next generation of Hitchens?
Sunday morning door-to-door?
Discounts at secular-oriented shops?
Etc.

Thoughts?

Consider

When the time has come and I have passed as many classes in college as I can that will give me the skills I feel I need to do it, I am going to write books. I would suggest starting with newsletters. Trolling Theist Sites is juvenile, and discounts at secular oriented shops is no different than that restaurant giving a discount for anyone who prayed before eating their meal. You would be tagged by the ACLU for that and that is no good.

Sunday door to door? I dunno, everypony hates it when Mormons do it on Saturday mornings. Maybe Sunday afternoons? I certainly wouldn't do that because I am a chicken shit and I am afraid of talking to strangers.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
25-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Islam needs to encounter it's own new version of the sans-culottes ... maybe the sans-chador.

Liberté * Égalité * Fraternité‎ Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
25-11-2014, 02:57 PM
I say we start with the US House of Representatives.

House Republicans Pass Bill Forbidding Scientists from Advising EPA on Their OWN Research

"We get it, you don't like science. Especially when it interferes with your corporate clients."

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politic...n-research

The Titanic

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce