Acts of Courage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Acts of Courage
The CEOs abandoning seats on presidential councils is a larger story than immediately apparent. These guys are violating a legal obligation to their shareholders, and in the next few days look for lawsuits against them for exactly that. They're also affronting ALEC, which could be more daunting than violating fiduciary responsibility.

I doubt any of them aren't very aware of the blowback they'll face abandoning their chairs of high influence in the highest governmental office. That they've done so shows they place their own humanity above their pecuniary interests, even their reputations as competent stewards of the engines of finance.

I think that's worthy of salute.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
15-08-2017, 06:05 PM
RE: Acts of Courage
My bet is that, after Trump's melt down today, more will join their ranks.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-08-2017, 06:12 PM
(15-08-2017 06:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  My bet is that, after Trump's melt down today, more will join their ranks.

Meltdown?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-08-2017, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2017 06:35 PM by dancefortwo.)
(15-08-2017 06:01 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  The CEOs abandoning seats on presidential councils is a larger story than immediately apparent. These guys are violating a legal obligation to their shareholders, and in the next few days look for lawsuits against them for exactly that. They're also affronting ALEC, which could be more daunting than violating fiduciary responsibility.

I doubt any of them aren't very aware of the blowback they'll face abandoning their chairs of high influence in the highest governmental office. That they've done so shows they place their own humanity above their pecuniary interests, even their reputations as competent stewards of the engines of finance.

Another guy stepped down. He's the AFL-CIO President, Richard Trumpka.

His statement:

"I cannot sit on a council for a President that tolerates bigotry and domestic terrorism; I resign, effective immediately."

I think that leaves 6 members left. Edit: Correction. I believe that leaves 7 CEO's left.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-08-2017, 07:09 PM
(15-08-2017 06:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 06:01 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  The CEOs abandoning seats on presidential councils is a larger story than immediately apparent. These guys are violating a legal obligation to their shareholders, and in the next few days look for lawsuits against them for exactly that. They're also affronting ALEC, which could be more daunting than violating fiduciary responsibility.

Another guy stepped down. He's the AFL-CIO President, Richard Trumpka.

His statement:

"I cannot sit on a council for a President that tolerates bigotry and domestic terrorism; I resign, effective immediately."

I think that leaves 6 members left. Edit: Correction. I believe that leaves 7 CEO's left.

I apologize, but I'm kind of confused as to why they decided to sit on his council in the first place. I can't really see how they expected much from a President that started with a 30 % approval rating, and sinking.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
15-08-2017, 07:13 PM
(15-08-2017 07:09 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 06:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Another guy stepped down. He's the AFL-CIO President, Richard Trumpka.

His statement:

I apologize, but I'm kind of confused as to why they decided to sit on his council in the first place. I can't really see how they expected much from a President that started with a 30 % approval rating, and sinking.

It's a bit like applying for the job of first mate. On the Titanic. After the iceberg.

Don'tcha think??

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-08-2017, 07:14 PM
(15-08-2017 06:12 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 06:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  My bet is that, after Trump's melt down today, more will join their ranks.

Meltdown?

He was supposed to speak about infrastructure and ended up in a long rant contradicting the speech he made yesterday.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-08-2017, 07:14 PM
(15-08-2017 07:09 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 06:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Another guy stepped down. He's the AFL-CIO President, Richard Trumpka.

His statement:

Hoping for influence and tax breaks.

15-08-2017, 07:29 PM
(15-08-2017 07:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 07:09 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I apologize, but I'm kind of confused as to why they decided to sit on his council in the first place. I can't really see how they expected much from a President that started with a 30 % approval rating, and sinking.

Hoping for influence and tax breaks.

Charming.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."