Actually aliens saved me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2013, 02:58 AM
Actually aliens saved me.
It was actually the alien "connection" that led me to start thinking out the box. I was immediately spellbound by Zecharia Sitchin's translation of the ancient Sumerian tablets. Erik von Daniken also played a big role in my deconversion. I couldn't believe it. What sold it for me was that the Sumerians knew the correct order of the planets and their colours. That to me was mammoth. I couldn't wrap my head around it. This led me to question...a lotConsider. Even the whole alien thing. While I do believe there are other forms of intelligent life out there somewhere, I dropped the whole alien thing altogether and just became an atheist. I was really angry at the time so I didn't even entertain agnosticism. I went from zero to atheist in 1 second flat!!!

But the ruins in ancient lands and their writings and beliefs. They do leave a very large question mark. Back to von Daniken: His interpretation of the events of Exodus seem pretty plausible though I must say. On Moses being the only one that could talk to god, I've heard that it was due to the consumption of mono atomic gold. This is a super conductor and since the brain is an organ with electric like impulses, I bought into the idea that this is why Moses was the only one that could communicate with god. You're able to communicate through telepathic means when on mono atomic gold apparently.

There is also some funny business with the requirement of the Israelites to construct a barrier around mount Sinai. This was allegedly to protect the people from god's glory. A religious person would say that if man were to encounter god's glory they'd drop dead. This I could understand since man is sinful. But to require the cattle to also be yonder the barrier smelt like shit to me. It made sense that Erik von Daniken suggested that it was because of radiation. Radiation doesn't discriminate, it decimates! Animals have no sin after all. The rumbling and noise was because of the "ship" that was to land on Sinai. And then all the people got down to Bowing.

The ark of the covenant was another thing. The priests that were interacting with it had to wear things around their ankles. They also had to undergo some purification process before they'd be in it's presence. The explanation is: The ark was an electrified, radio active object. The things around the priests' ankles were a grounding mechanism to prevent them from being electrocuted. The purification process was some method of countering the radiation emanating from the ark. Remember when the ark was being transported to some location in the bible? Remember when it was wobbling because of the bumpy road? The ark was about to fall and two men dove to stop it from hitting the ground. This got them killed (electrocuted) as they had no grounding mechanism. What about the men that stole it? The scriptures say the lord afflicted them with tumours. But this is what radiation poisoning does too.

Back to the mono atomic gold. I remember reading somewhere that if you ingest enough of it regularly, your skin starts to glow. The idea is that Moses needed to eat it to stay in communication with god. So he ate a lot of it. When he came down from the mountain the people couldn't bear to look at him because his face was glowing. They had to put a veil over his face. Also remember when Moses bought with him the 10 commandments written by god. He found his people dancing and had made a golden calf to worship. Moses was enraged, broke the tablets, melted the calf, ground it into a powder, mixed it with water and made the people drink the concoction. Mono atomic gold is supposedly a white powder substance. I believed that Moses was making mono atomic gold. After all Acts 7:22 says that Moses was well versed in the Egyptians' wisdom. So the gold he made them drink was so they could also hear the voices he was hearing in his head. This would ensure they'd never stray from god's orders again. Why else make them drink gold? That's crazy. It also begs the question to why god was obsessed with silver and gold. He told the Jews to take from their Egyptian neighbours. Were there shops in the bushes?

So it was all this and a lot more that led me to start questioning god. Even the part when god asks Moses multiple times to make sure that no one will breach the barrier when he comes on Sinai. Moses' response was almost one of irritation. You can read this in Exodus 19 and Exodus 32.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2013, 03:21 AM
RE: Actually aliens saved me.
This just proves to me that you can make the bible fit any theory if you try hard enough. Mono atomic gold? A radioactive ark? Or perhaps it's just me.....
[+] 1 user Likes englishrose's post
20-10-2013, 03:55 AM
LOL. I've just got a whole pile of monoatomic gold here, so first thing I'mma do is eat it so I can telepathically communicate... with God. Who is an alien who landed at Mt Sinai.

Dude this sounds *plausible* to you ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-10-2013, 04:10 AM
When every field qualified scientist claims Zecharia Sitchin was a fraud that cherry picked meanings and invented his own translations to fit his Niburu hypotheses . I have to conclude he was delusional or a conman.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
20-10-2013, 04:12 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2013 04:24 AM by BlackMason.)
(20-10-2013 03:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  Dude this sounds *plausible* to you ?

No it doesn't. Thats why I'm now atheist. At the time it did because it is not impossible. To assert that it is impossible would be making the argument from ignorance fallacy. Besides how is the belief and worship of any deities plausible? We were all once religious and very credulous. Now I'm a budding critical thinker.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
20-10-2013, 04:21 AM
(20-10-2013 03:21 AM)englishrose Wrote:  This just proves to me that you can make the bible fit any theory if you try hard enough. Mono atomic gold? A radioactive ark? Or perhaps it's just me.....

You are right. I'm glad to have offered you more fuel to your fire.

20-10-2013, 04:23 AM
Ah OK Tongue You went into such detail I thought you were offering this as some kind of argument for atheism...

While not technically 100% impossible, it's as close as dammit to that. On the same level as the impossibility of porcine unassisted aerial locomotion.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-10-2013, 05:22 AM
(20-10-2013 04:21 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  
(20-10-2013 03:21 AM)englishrose Wrote:  This just proves to me that you can make the bible fit any theory if you try hard enough. Mono atomic gold? A radioactive ark? Or perhaps it's just me.....

You are right. I'm glad to have offered you more fuel to your fire.

Oh thank you. I do like a free gift. Smile
20-10-2013, 06:11 AM
I'd give you more shit, but I was saved by Gwyneth Paltrow. Heart

Daniken, however, is a lying douchebag.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2013, 06:30 AM
Ah yeah, the "Aliens did it" works for everything. How were the pyramids made? ALIENS! What about stonehenge? ALIENS! huh..everything that man created, these people have no respect for human accomplishments. I think I entertained this idea on my path to atheism. Some of the explanations that were given like this is how ancient man would have described a supremely advanced technology like wheels on fire or spinning shields in the sky to describe alien craft. Even in some renaissance paintings that look like a alien craft in the background. Then I discovered the beautiful world of mythology and all its ancient symbols and metaphors. That "craft" in the background was just another symbol used for god, it appears in a few other paintings as well, sometimes with a beam. Now whenever I watch Ancient Aliens on the history channel I start fuming out of the mouth yelling at these idiots. I'm glad your out of that trap. Big Grin

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post