Actually aliens saved me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: Actually aliens saved me.
(20-10-2013 11:42 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Very true, they are a lot smarter than we give them credit for, and damn were they ever organized! The pyramids were built by experienced stone cutters and architects who were well confiscated. They were not slaves, this is such a travesty to be so ignorant of history. Fuck..some guy in ancient greece practically invented the steam engine although I guess he didn't see the practicality of it. If he did, damn maybe we'd be flying to the moon on weekends.

Just recently read a book on spartan steam power.
STEAM legion was a fun ride. 8/10.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2013, 12:17 PM
I don't understand - therefore aliens.
I don't understand - therefore god.

Same question - different bullshit explanations.

See my Signature.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
20-10-2013, 12:30 PM
(20-10-2013 11:42 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Fuck..some guy in ancient greece practically invented the steam engine although I guess he didn't see the practicality of it. If he did, damn maybe we'd be flying to the moon on weekends.

Well, except for the part where metallurgical knowledge couldn't come close to producing strong enough vessels to harness useful amounts of power - boiler explosions were and are a problem with any large steam device; machining was totally unable to reproduce such devices to high tolerance, mass deployment relying so utterly on screws and precise fittings; raw materials (quality steel, copper, coal) were unavailable - as an example, the 18th century mines where coal began to be produced in large quantities relied on rails and draft horses to operate, rails which couldn't be made and horses which hadn't been bred strong enough yet, back in the first century...

That's not to say that technological history went as fast as it possibly could have. But there are very good reasons why things happened as they did!

... this is my signature!
20-10-2013, 12:32 PM
(20-10-2013 12:17 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I don't understand - therefore aliens.
I don't understand - therefore god.

Same question - different bullshit explanations.

See my Signature.

anal probes or child sacrifice/murder/genocide/incest.

Bowing glory to xenojebus. Bowing

[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
20-10-2013, 01:42 PM
(20-10-2013 08:56 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Talent to me seems to be just as you said before, for people to be comfortable with their mediocrity. If it has such a slight influence it might as well not even exist, it's to abstract of a concept.

I was actually thinking of this guy I run with on weekends... he's *fucking* fast. I can't begin to hope to keep up with him. He runs that fast and he trains hard too, but he's got the genes. I train as hard, but I won't touch him *ever*. But... if he worked only *slightly* less hard, I'd catch him no worries Tongue

Some people have an aptitude for certain things... we are not all created equal in every respect. But hard work can pretty much make up for any lack of *natural* aptitude (to a point, not everyone can be top in what they do)... that's kinda what I was trying to say... so *even if* someone is talented, to be useful they have to use it - which means lots of blood & sweat.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-10-2013, 01:52 AM
(20-10-2013 02:58 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Back to the mono atomic gold. I remember reading somewhere that if you ingest enough of it regularly, your skin starts to glow.

No toxicological studies relating to gold nanoparticles--the closest thing to monoatomic gold ingestion--that I can find reported glowing skin to be an effect. In animal studies where the subjects were given enough gold to induce liver damage no glowing skin was observed.[1][2]

Quote:Moses was enraged, broke the tablets, melted the calf, ground it into a powder, mixed it with water and made the people drink the concoction. Mono atomic gold is supposedly a white powder substance. I believed that Moses was making mono atomic gold.

You can't make monoatomic gold by mixing molten gold with powdered sapphire. AFAIK monoatomic gold can be found in only two forms: (i) in gaseous form; and (ii) nanomaterial form, specifically as a chain of gold atoms forming nanowire. You can't make either of those my mixing molten gold with sapphire or minerals found in stone.

Quote:After all Acts 7:22 says that Moses was well versed in the Egyptians' wisdom.

Wisdom? The Ancient Egyptians were sickly with a maximum life expectancy of around 40-years[3][4]. King Tutankhamun died at 18-years of age and he was a man-god.

Quote:So the gold he made them drink was so they could also hear the voices he was hearing in his head. This would ensure they'd never stray from god's orders again. Why else make them drink gold? That's crazy.

Why assume that they drank monoatomic gold in the first place? That's even crazier.

Quote:It also begs the question to why god was obsessed with silver and gold.

Because Yahweh is an anthropomorphic God and his creators were obsessed with silver and gold.

Quote:So it was all this and a lot more that led me to start questioning god.

Mythology about the magical effects of monoatomic gold caused you to question another mythology? I'm not seeing a progression.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-10-2013, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2013 09:44 AM by BlackMason.)
(21-10-2013 01:52 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Mythology about the magical effects of monoatomic gold caused you to question another mythology? I'm not seeing a progression.

I decided I was gonna summarise your whole post to just this. I'm not sure if you're a troll or making a genuine attempt at being an idiot. I mean your whole post seems to be making the assumption that I still believe in those things. That's stupid bro. Fucking asinine! I didn't claim that any of this was true. It was the fact that a different narrative of the same text could easily be used. This got me questioning things AND the whole Sitchin and von Daniken nonsense. Is there something in my OP you're not understanding? Go back and read it again. Look I don't give a damn about no mono atomic gold. I'm a skeptic and a critical thinker now. Well I'm only a few pages into the 400 page book I bought and already I've learned so much. How's that for progression, jerk?

(21-10-2013 01:52 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Because Yahweh is an anthropomorphic God and his creators were obsessed with silver and gold.

You're not telling me anything new here buddy. I know this already. In fact the anthropormorphisation of god is something I often challenge theists with. He's jealous, angry, kind, gentle etc. This is a human being that's described.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
21-10-2013, 07:19 PM
(21-10-2013 09:38 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  I decided I was gonna summarise your whole post to just this. I'm not sure if you're a troll or making a genuine attempt at being an idiot.

I think a belief in a radiocative and electrified Ark of the Covenant, drinking monoatomic gold to achieve telepathic communication with God etc. falls under the rubric of "Idiocy" than more so than any false belief I have ever held. I think it takes a special sort of idiot to believe rubbish like that--you appear to be that special sort of idiot. It doesn't really matter that you claim that you don't believe that (historically and scientifically ignorant) bunkum anymore, that you even had the capacity to give it any credence is the broader and deeper problem.

Quote:I mean your whole post seems to be making the assumption that I still believe in those things. That's stupid bro. Fucking asinine!

I would bet that you still entertain similarly "stupid", "idiotic" and "asinine" beliefs.

Quote:I didn't claim that any of this was true.

Why is it written in the present tense?

Quote:It was the fact that a different narrative of the same text could easily be used.

So all interpretations are of equal merit, even those that read like they were written by L. Ron Hubbard?

Quote:This got me questioning things

Obviously not enough. It doesn't appear that you questioned the ideas that you could have challenged with high-school chemistry.

Quote:Is there something in my OP you're not understanding?

Yes. How could someone be so stupid and ignorant to ever have believed in that bullshit? (And I assure you many are thinking that even though they won't post it.)

Quote:I'm a skeptic and a critical thinker now.

Do you believe that the Ancient Egyptians looked like Sub-Saharan Africans?

Quote:Well I'm only a few pages into the 400 page book I bought and already I've learned so much. How's that for progression, jerk?

Bully for you and your 400-page book.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Ok....shots time me thinks,