Add Kansas to the list of states I never want to visit or live in...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2014, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2014 01:54 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Add Kansas to the list of states I never want to visit or live in...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2014, 01:22 AM
RE: Add Kansas to the list of states I never want to visit or live in...
(20-03-2014 01:05 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

How's about a run-down for those of use who can't use YouTube at the moment for whatever reason?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-03-2014, 01:54 AM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2014 01:58 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(20-03-2014 01:22 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 01:05 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

How's about a run-down for those of use who can't use YouTube at the moment for whatever reason?

Kansas, which has a history of police retaliation, will be voting on a bill that was submitted anonymously which would make it a felony to file a report that contained any misinformation about the police. Who gets to investigate the accuracy of the report? The police, even if it's about corruption in the police. The bill would also prevent outside agencies from opening an investigation into an allegation that the police have already ruled on. So self regulation of the police in a state that his a history of police retaliation. Not only that, but it would allow them to pursue those who make anonymous reports, which is ironic given that the bill was submitted anonymously.

As for the John Stewart bit, it's about a bill that made it legal to beat your children harder in Kansas.

"Hello, my name is Rep. Gail Finney. Are you holding back from punching the shit out of your children because you fear legal repercussions? Well, fear no more, your nightmare is over! While theirs is just beginning." -John Stewart

Here's a link to a Huffington Post article about John Stewart lambasting the Kansas bill, which itself has a better video (Hulu, can't embed it).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/21...30881.html

20-03-2014, 02:29 AM
(20-03-2014 01:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 01:22 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  How's about a run-down for those of use who can't use YouTube at the moment for whatever reason?

Kansas, which has a history of police retaliation, will be voting on a bill that was submitted anonymously which would make it a felony to file a report that contained any misinformation about the police. Who gets to investigate the accuracy of the report? The police, even if it's about corruption in the police. The bill would also prevent outside agencies from opening an investigation into an allegation that the police have already ruled on. So self regulation of the police in a state that his a history of police retaliation. Not only that, but it would allow them to pursue those who make anonymous reports, which is ironic given that the bill was submitted anonymously.

As for the John Stewart bit, it's about a bill that made it legal to beat your children harder in Kansas.

"Hello, my name is Rep. Gail Finney. Are you holding back from punching the shit out of your children because you fear legal repercussions? Well, fear no more, your nightmare is over! While theirs is just beginning." -John Stewart

Here's a link to a Huffington Post article about John Stewart lambasting the Kansas bill, which itself has a better video (Hulu, can't embed it).

Okay, so Beating your kids to bruising is approved, cops now investigate charges against themselves and John Stewart is a comedian.

Now I just need a definition of 'police retaliation' and I'll understand it all.

Thumbsup

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-03-2014, 02:33 AM
(20-03-2014 02:29 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 01:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Kansas, which has a history of police retaliation, will be voting on a bill that was submitted anonymously which would make it a felony to file a report that contained any misinformation about the police. Who gets to investigate the accuracy of the report? The police, even if it's about corruption in the police. The bill would also prevent outside agencies from opening an investigation into an allegation that the police have already ruled on. So self regulation of the police in a state that his a history of police retaliation. Not only that, but it would allow them to pursue those who make anonymous reports, which is ironic given that the bill was submitted anonymously.

Okay, so Beating your kids to bruising is approved, cops now investigate charges against themselves and John Stewart is a comedian.

Now I just need a definition of 'police retaliation' and I'll understand it all.

Thumbsup

Police retaliation is when Cops decide to punish anyone that accuses them of wrong doing. It tends to take the form of harassment but can and has escalated all the way to murder. Kansas has a horrible record with this so that bill is basically the legalise Police Corruption act.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
20-03-2014, 02:50 AM
(20-03-2014 02:33 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 02:29 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Okay, so Beating your kids to bruising is approved, cops now investigate charges against themselves and John Stewart is a comedian.

Thumbsup

Police retaliation is when Cops decide to punish anyone that accuses them of wrong doing. It tends to take the form of harassment but can and has escalated all the way to murder. Kansas has a horrible record with this so that bill is basically the legalise Police Corruption act.

Thanks, now I've got it all.

... Is there some sort of nation-wide conspiracy going on where people just decide that every second day, somebody has to stand up and make the US look shittier?

'Cause it looks like there is a determined effort to do that, just saying.

[+] 6 users Like Free Thought's post
20-03-2014, 02:50 AM
Wow that first one is scary! Is it likely to pass?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
20-03-2014, 03:11 AM
Ah, come on! I'm from Kansas and those barely make my top 100 of stupid shit Kansas politicians do or say!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 5 users Like Crulax's post
20-03-2014, 03:15 AM
(20-03-2014 02:50 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Wow that first one is scary! Is it likely to pass?

Remember, you can always abandon the US and come to Aus.

Our politicians are about as smart as your average golf ball, but at least we generally keep them and their crazy measured.

20-03-2014, 03:17 AM
(20-03-2014 03:11 AM)Crulax Wrote:  Ah, come on! I'm from Kansas and those barely make my top 100 of stupid shit Kansas politicians do or say!

Yep. Never. Visiting. Kansas. Ever... Shocking