Add the Dancing Banana

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2017, 08:34 PM
RE: Add the Dancing Banana
Is it possible to get buzzed off one beer? Holy fuck, I'm Irish for chrissakes Tongue This never happens. I'm also not a serious drinker--maybe one or two glasses of wine at the most per week, but still. But when I have allowed myself a bit of alcohol indulgence on holidays it's at least three mixed drinks to get me Hobo Banana_zorro

Also I think I ate too much guacamole and tortilla chips and now I feel sick Banana_zorro
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2017, 10:50 PM
I'm pretty lit up from my own brews. But I ain't posting no goddamned bananas.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-06-2017, 10:56 PM
It's summer in kansas, storms nearby so it's muggy as all hell to boot. To top it off, our AC quit working this afternoon. Banana_zorro

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
30-06-2017, 07:33 AM
(29-06-2017 10:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  It's summer in kansas, storms nearby so it's muggy as all hell to boot. To top it off, our AC quit working this afternoon. Banana_zorro

Oh no, I hope your AC starts working again so you don't roast your asses off Banana_zorro
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-07-2017, 07:42 AM
PMS Banana_zorro
03-07-2017, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2017 08:33 AM by outtathereligioncloset.)
*Dang it, it makes me hurry up on putting all the bananas in it. Will have to edit one at a time...*

For weeks now I've been trying to learn an old ukulele song performed by one of my uke heroes, George Formby. It's a hard song. It goes:
[Image: banana-with-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif]
"Standing on the fruit store on the corner...
Once I heard a customer complain
you never seem to show
the fruit we all love so.
That's why business hasn't been the same...
[Image: banana-smiley-emoticon.gif]

I don't like your peaches...
they are full of stones,
I like bananas[Image: colorful-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif]
because they have no bones.

Don't give me tomatoes...
can't stand ice cream cones,
I like bananas
because they have no bones.

No matter where I go...
with Susie,May or Anna,
I want the world to know
I must have my bananaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!
[Image: banana-riding-llama-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Cabbages and onions...
hurt my singing tones.
I like bananas
because they have no bones!
[Image: upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: 1409630808061.jpg]

Okay, there, that's better. [Image: waving-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 5 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
03-07-2017, 09:37 AM
(30-06-2017 07:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-06-2017 10:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  It's summer in kansas, storms nearby so it's muggy as all hell to boot. To top it off, our AC quit working this afternoon. Banana_zorro

Oh no, I hope your AC starts working again so you don't roast your asses off Banana_zorro

Only roasted a little. Bad fan motor. It's okay, I didn't have any plans for that $500 anyway. Banana_zorro

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
03-07-2017, 09:51 AM
jennyBee: Glad your AC is better. Thought we were going to be hearing about fried bananas before it could get fixed!

If you aren't already familiar with "the bloggess" you might enjoy googling "Listen to the bananas + bloggess" The 700+ comments on that blog inspired me to do banana sayings at a weekend swing dance event. It got pretty outrageous.

(P.S. to anyone unfamiliar with "swing dance" it is NOT that 1970s event where keys get thrown in a bowl and people go home with whoever's keys they pick. It is dances from the 1920s, 30s and 40s like the Charleston, Jitterbug and Lindy.)

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
03-07-2017, 09:52 AM
(29-06-2017 08:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Is it possible to get buzzed off one beer? Holy fuck, I'm Irish for chrissakes Tongue This never happens.

Jenny got roofied. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-07-2017, 10:48 AM
(03-07-2017 09:51 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  jennyBee: Glad your AC is better. Thought we were going to be hearing about fried bananas before it could get fixed!

If you aren't already familiar with "the bloggess" you might enjoy googling "Listen to the bananas + bloggess" The 700+ comments on that blog inspired me to do banana sayings at a weekend swing dance event. It got pretty outrageous.

(P.S. to anyone unfamiliar with "swing dance" it is NOT that 1970s event where keys get thrown in a bowl and people go home with whoever's keys they pick. It is dances from the 1920s, 30s and 40s like the Charleston, Jitterbug and Lindy.)

Thanks Big Grin but it was EH's AC and it appears to be better Thumbsup His bananas are still dancing at least Tongue Banana_zorro
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post