Addicted To Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2013, 03:27 PM
RE: Addicted To Jesus
Me too.

I'm sitting there mentally going "that's false. That's false. There WAS no flood. That part is false too. That part has been scientifically dis-proven. Adam and Eve are made up...etc...etc...etc.

There are some great motivational speeches I get from my pastor. (I still go to church, BTW because my wife asked me to "for the sake of the kids) But the fairy tale stuff is just so ridiculous.

(22-02-2013 12:07 AM)The Talking Goat Wrote:  This has still been a problem for me. It's been three or four years since I separated from the church, but I still miss it at times. My church had a tight-knit congregation, and the idea of something more gave me comfort.

I tried to go back and it was too weird for me. I couldn't stop mentally objecting to the things my preacher said, and when they were praying I just sat there. Sometimes, when I'm in a deep depression, I wish I had a god to just wipe away my mental problems... but it's not there, and accepting that is the first step of being happy without lying to oneself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply