Addiction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2015, 09:34 AM
RE: Addiction
(02-06-2015 08:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 07:27 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Seems more like another defect in our bodies rather than a sign of perfect creation.

Please cite the verse where we are a perfect creation.

Then we werent...Brilliant.. Then you can tell us why god made it possible for us to be addicted to things that can kill us?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2015, 09:38 AM
(02-06-2015 09:34 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 08:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Please cite the verse where we are a perfect creation.

Then we werent...Brilliant..
Brilliant? lolwut? Please cite or explain what you're trying to say.

Quote:Then you can tell us why god made it possible for us to be addicted to things that can kill us?
Click the green arrow below this text, scroll up to my comment, or just read what I wrote below.

(02-06-2015 08:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Because God created sin and created humanity with a corrupted nature. If He didn't, then we would be perfect, which is something only God can be.

(this theist's explanation anyway)

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-06-2015, 09:45 AM
Oh, and please cite.

Still waiting on that.

02-06-2015, 10:04 AM
(02-06-2015 09:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Oh, and please cite.

Still waiting on that.

You explained everything sir. (I missed your other post first time around) I just thought a perfect god would have created us with less inherent faults. If that was his intention then so be it.
02-06-2015, 10:16 AM
(02-06-2015 10:04 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 09:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Oh, and please cite.

Still waiting on that.

You explained everything sir. (I missed your other post first time around) I just thought a perfect god would have created us with less inherent faults. If that was his intention then so be it.

Logically speaking, that doesn't make sense.

Why would perfection create perfection?

Moreover, perfection wouldn't/couldn't serve the purpose of humanity.

Also, not trying to pick on you... I asked you to cite your claims because it's often that non-theists make statements that are wholly untrue about theism. They're simple assumptions that have been accepted.

But... when pressed, it's hard to produce the actual claim being made.

Just sayin'

It's important to research a theological claim and have citations ready if you are going to be debate that area of theism.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
02-06-2015, 10:18 AM
Also, I would like to commend you on your response.

So often this is what I see when an atheist calls out a theist to cite:

[Image: xgz9nkR.gif]

But when an theist calls out an atheist to cite it's:

[Image: post-13628-Penn-Juliette-shut-the-fuck-up-MnUv.gif]

It's refreshing to see that NOT happen.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
02-06-2015, 10:36 AM
A small berry in the woods contains a very mild toxin. Eating a few, the body can deal with, but if you make a pie from these berries, a couple slices will kill you.

I freely ate berries that "god" put there that were quite tasty. God never informed me that eating a lot of them would kill me. The devil didn't tempt me. This couldn't be a test. This is blatant premeditated murder, knowing that I would like the berries and knowing I would make a pie of said berries.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
02-06-2015, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 10:48 AM by The Organic Chemist.)
(02-06-2015 08:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Please cite the verse where we are a perfect creation.

As far as I am aware KC, there isn't one that says exactly that. Having said that, this is precisely something that is preached in some churches. I have heard this exact thing stated by the head pastor at my wife's church, which is not fundie at all. He says that since god saw his creation as "good" he (the pastor) takes it as perfect and the Fall screwed it up. It was perfect and it is our fault that the world is broken. Not that I am defending this idea but that is how I have heard it presented before.

On another note; if disease was intended to punish humanity for the Fall, then why do you think there are many diseases that humans can't catch but other animals can (like distemper). Genesis states the god punished the serpent for the coercion but it says nothing about having to punish all of creation. How do you account for this? Just curious.

Edit: I also think you have every right to ask for citation.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
02-06-2015, 11:06 AM
(02-06-2015 10:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also, I would like to commend you on your response.

Oh I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong... Which is often lol
02-06-2015, 11:08 AM
(02-06-2015 10:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also, I would like to commend you on your response.

Plus.. Any misconceptions I have is based on mainly what Ive heard other Christians say... But yeah I should maybe back that up with some research from time to time.