Addiction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: Addiction
(03-06-2015 03:31 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 03:25 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Genesis 1:31 - And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Also, was death and suffering the result of the fall? Or did it exist before the fall?

Also, why wouldn't god make a perfect creation?

How does cancer serve humanity?

Huh

It depends on whether you are a young-earther or an old-earther. I know old earth creationists who would say death and suffering existed before the Fall. Young earth creationists would say it existed after the Fall (that would be the literal interpretation).

When I asked my pastor (back when I was Christian) why there was disease, suffering, and so on, he told me it was a result of sin. God didn't want robots--so He gave humans the option of obeying or disobeying. They disobeyed and with that came the consequence of sin entering the world. Cancer doesn't serve humanity--it is the result of sin (according to some Christians).

Yeah, I was an old Earth creationist when I still believed, I just couldn't swallow the whole YEC dreck. I respected scientific evidence too much to go along with it.

This provided a considerable distance between what I could accept in terms of biblical claims. Eventually when I decided to resolve the question of god's existence, I couldn't ignore the science. YEC creationism is laughable, OEC is more palatable, yet still unscientific, just not as blatantly unscientific.
This required no small effort on my part to untangle the apologetic mess.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post