Admin Question?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1.5 Average
07-07-2015, 07:11 AM
RE: Admin Question?
That is certainly a potato. But is that person willing to handle poo the same way? Blink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-07-2015, 08:49 AM
(07-07-2015 06:19 AM)Dom Wrote:  I didn't read the whole thread.

I just want to say that everyone who uses rep to annoy people, punish people or be vindictive belongs in Kindergarden.

I am starting to think we need to remove rep all together. People are not mature enough to handle it.

Facepalm

Punish all for the behavior of a few? May need to think on that a little more.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-07-2015, 09:10 AM
(07-07-2015 08:49 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 06:19 AM)Dom Wrote:  I didn't read the whole thread.

I just want to say that everyone who uses rep to annoy people, punish people or be vindictive belongs in Kindergarden.

I am starting to think we need to remove rep all together. People are not mature enough to handle it.

Facepalm

Punish all for the behavior of a few? May need to think on that a little more.

I don't see that as punishment? Its not an important part of the forum, and it causes more trouble than it's worth, imo.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-07-2015, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 09:50 AM by Anjele.)
(07-07-2015 09:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 08:49 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Punish all for the behavior of a few? May need to think on that a little more.

I don't see that as punishment? Its not an important part of the forum, and it causes more trouble than it's worth, imo.

This isn't little league, everyone doesn't get a trophy. If people can't handle their reps, they can stop looking at them, and everyone else's while they are at it.

edit - Let's count how many people are making rep an issue on the board...

One....

ummm...

Consider

ummmm....

I come up with one.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
07-07-2015, 11:01 AM
(07-07-2015 09:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 08:49 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Punish all for the behavior of a few? May need to think on that a little more.

Who other than Woofs(who should have been permabanned for sockpuppeting) has a problem with the rep system?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
07-07-2015, 11:20 AM
On the subject of potaoes, I'm making mashed potatoes with a dollop of wholegrain mustard to go with my slow cooked beef & tomato casserole! Drooling

Sorry, what was this thread about? Tongue

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 1 user Likes LostLegend's post
07-07-2015, 12:51 PM
(07-07-2015 09:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 09:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  I don't see that as punishment? Its not an important part of the forum, and it causes more trouble than it's worth, imo.

This isn't little league, everyone doesn't get a trophy. If people can't handle their reps, they can stop looking at them, and everyone else's while they are at it.

edit - Let's count how many people are making rep an issue on the board...

One....

ummm...

Consider

ummmm....

I come up with one.

I come up with two, but it doesn't matter much to me one way or another. It just started grinding on my nerves. A walk with my dogs fixes that.

Also, I may have been celebrating my new freedoms a bit too much. Smokin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
07-07-2015, 01:00 PM
(07-07-2015 12:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  ...
Also, I may have been celebrating my new freedoms a bit too much.

OH! CONGRATS!

And I didn't even know you had a girlfriend.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
07-07-2015, 01:21 PM
(07-07-2015 01:00 PM)DLJ Wrote:  And I didn't even know you had a girlfriend.

Thumbsup

Huh? What am I missing here? Darn weed! Hobo

07-07-2015, 01:45 PM
For what it's worth I think numerical rating systems, of any kind, on boards are inherently bad. Although they shouldn't, people will have the desire to grow that arbitrary number; the easiest way to do this is to change what they say. That, and I think it takes away from the most basic function of a discussion board: discussion. Why argue when you can just neg someone into the red, or +1 their detractor? An argument either stands or falls on its own; whether or not it's the more popular position - or whether the one making it is popular - perhaps shouldn't be known at all.

[Image: fc550x550white-9995.jpg?rect=0,0,550,550...;amp;h=200]
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post