Admin Question?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1.5 Average
05-07-2015, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2015 07:25 PM by Mr Woof.)
RE: Admin Question?
(05-07-2015 07:00 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 06:59 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Muffs just pushed me to the top pf the hate list again.
Whiskey debates will be really upset!Big Grin

Can we not?

There's always room at the top I suppose, but it is rather infantile.
I played the game for a while too, I must admit.
Perhaps Admin could review the practice.Consider
After all likes & dislikes are given at a specific time.
They can be simply removed. No need to perpetuate ill will.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2015, 05:38 AM
It is like watching a kid in a merry-go-round, there he is again, there he is again, there he is again...Dodgy

I'm not whining but...
Not that it matters to me but...
I'm the adult here however....
Not to complain but...
I hate bringing this up again but...
Did you see what muffs just did?

An old codger got into a row
Turning a slight into an all out show
Time after time
He grumbled and whined
Unable to just let it go.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
06-07-2015, 06:15 AM
[Image: giphy.gif]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-07-2015, 07:26 AM
(05-07-2015 04:21 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  To my detractors; don't worry, I see it as a lost cause here, given all the shit that has stuck, via the intense efforts of a few. Just before I reach four years though...

I have been continuously called a whiner by a few for expressing my views, while others could abusively say what they wished attacking my family, my age, mentality, sexuality, whatever. Latter day admin chose to turn a blind eye, in favour of the syncophants and loud mouths.

Last December I was banned for a month; later membership rights were partially suspended. My name appeared in shit brown with a dumb comment.

Advised to take any issues to admin I requested via pm a user name change. This is granted to all requesting such.
Two requests via pm were unanswered, till Stark Raving claimed 'I had been rude' and would I please leave'.
As for my so called rep obsession, if I respond in kind to someone, often where abuse is involved the recipient receives a +5 from Mom immediately as pay back.
Social engineering at it's worst!

There are some very pleasant, intelligent, and deep thinking people on TTA and it is a shame that it is becoming something of an intellectual joke, as a result of weak administration and a few thoughtless and vicious people who just don't know where to draw the line.

In the past I requested permanent banning, to thwart the urge to speak out for my rights, and was told I had none by Starkers. That really summed it up. Age and health issues (BP recent stroke) now render it folly to risk competing here a fact I will now take very seriously.

So where's the "admin question"?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
06-07-2015, 07:29 AM
(05-07-2015 04:21 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  To my detractors; don't worry, I see it as a lost cause here, given all the shit that has stuck, via the intense efforts of a few. Just before I reach four years though...

I have been continuously called a whiner by a few for expressing my views...

In all honesty, I don't think I've ever read any post you've made that offended people. I'm not sure what you've posted, where it's posted, or exactly why it offended people.

What I do remember is that you've created no less than half-a-dozen threads about yourself in as many months. Before I open the threads, I assume it will be prefaced with a complaint about how rep is handled here or something about your detractors. You're free to express your views all you want, but you do seem to complain about things here a lot.

(05-07-2015 04:21 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  In the past I requested permanent banning, to thwart the urge to speak out for my rights, and was told I had none by Starkers. That really summed it up. Age and health issues (BP recent stroke) now render it folly to risk competing here a fact I will now take very seriously.

I'm not sure I'm reading this right, but basically, you don't want to have the ability to post here anymore because you're afraid without being banned, you'll keep posting? Two things:

1) I suppose you could just change your password to something insanely long and hard to remember, then just log out and not write it down. Then you won't be able to log in.

2) Even perma-banning won't physically keep you from posting. You could always create a sock, and until you get caught, you'd be free to post. At the end of the day, the choice to not post here lies solely with you. You and the mods can both make it harder, but you have to choose not to post.

Anyway, whether you stay or leave, hopefully happier days lie ahead for you. Take care.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-07-2015, 07:37 AM
Captain! Mental instability detector alarms going off!

Sulu, fire up the "Just deal with your own issues and stop asking us to handle your shit for you, and don't take shit so personally" beam!

Aye, Captain.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Mr. Woofs,

When you post regular threads about various topics, I find you rather interesting and believe you have much to contribute to the group. That said, I have also come across several posts of yours that were quite offensive. I can understand why those posts would anger and upset various group members. I don't think it is unreasonable that they would like an apology for some of your statements. Just an observation, it's my two cents, take it for what it's worth.

Beyond that, WTF, can't we all just get along?? Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
06-07-2015, 11:35 AM
(06-07-2015 11:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Mr. Woofs,

When you post regular threads about various topics, I find you rather interesting and believe you have much to contribute to the group. That said, I have also come across several posts of yours that were quite offensive. I can understand why those posts would anger and upset various group members. I don't think it is unreasonable that they would like an apology for some of your statements. Just an observation, it's my two cents, take it for what it's worth.

Beyond that, WTF, can't we all just get along?? Smile

Are you new on the Internet? (^_^)
[+] 8 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
06-07-2015, 01:56 PM
(06-07-2015 11:35 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Are you new on the Internet? (^_^)

Hahahahahaha!!! Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
06-07-2015, 04:51 PM
(06-07-2015 07:29 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

I have been continuously called a whiner by a few for expressing my views...

In all honesty, I don't think I've ever read any post you've made that offended people. I'm not sure what you've posted, where it's posted, or exactly why it offended people.

What I do remember is that you've created no less than half-a-dozen threads about yourself in as many months. Before I open the threads, I assume it will be prefaced with a complaint about how rep is handled here or something about your detractors. You're free to express your views all you want, but you do seem to complain about things here a lot.

(05-07-2015 04:21 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  In the past I requested permanent banning, to thwart the urge to speak out for my rights, and was told I had none by Starkers. That really summed it up. Age and health issues (BP recent stroke) now render it folly to risk competing here a fact I will now take very seriously.

I'm not sure I'm reading this right, but basically, you don't want to have the ability to post here anymore because you're afraid without being banned, you'll keep posting? Two things:

1) I suppose you could just change your password to something insanely long and hard to remember, then just log out and not write it down. Then you won't be able to log in.

2) Even perma-banning won't physically keep you from posting. You could always create a sock, and until you get caught, you'd be free to post. At the end of the day, the choice to not post here lies solely with you. You and the mods can both make it harder, but you have to choose not to post.

Anyway, whether you stay or leave, hopefully happier days lie ahead for you. Take care.

Thanks Robbie you touched on some really pertinent points.......
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post