Adobe is screwing us.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Adobe is screwing us.
Here, Hitler will explain:

And this is Adobe's version.

Luckily for me, I mostly only use photoshop so I am going to buy the latest version while I can and never update, I guess, for as long as possible. But I'm livid. Basically instead of buying we're forced to lease for a much much higher price (unreasonable amounts). They say it's not due to the pirating of the programs, but I'm pretty certain it is. Is a CEO of Adobe on this forum? Cuz you're being a real loser to the middle man who doesn't have a huge commercial company.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
11-05-2013, 02:34 PM
RE: Adobe is screwing us.
Isn't microsoft doing the same thing with office?

No wonder so many people pirate software when companies pull shit like this.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
11-05-2013, 02:59 PM
I've seen this video subtitled with reasons the the KC Chiefs have sucked for so long: "Marty Ball had more holes than a bordello" "I'd rather masterbate with a belt sander than watch this shit" LOL Big Grin

You buy an X-Box. Then you buy a game. Then you got to buy X-Box points because the game won't play anywhere but online. Then you find out after a week some new DLC (DownLoadable Content) is available, and, in fact, you have to buy it for the game to continue to function!
NetFlix does well enough to put BlockBuster out of business. But then, all of a sudden, the price of getting your movies in the mail & being able to watch movie's instantly, is now only enough to cover the service of instant movies; you want some sent in the mail more $$$ please!
Obviously not the same thing, but I get a notice I need to update my adobe flash player everyday, & as soon as I cancel-click it, I get a commercial telling me the I-phone 15 coming out 2 weeks from now is gonna be better than the I-phone 14 I'm standing in line to buy right now (for posts sake: I don't stand in line for machines, they wait for me thank you)! Money $$$ Money, Greed Evil_monster Greed. Not a communist, but sometimes capitalism can just suck my @#*&!!

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
11-05-2013, 03:04 PM
I think this is really a secret plan by Swedish pirates who have infiltrated Adobe to encourage illegal downloading of CS6.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
11-05-2013, 04:21 PM
I know. It fucking sucks. Microsoft is doing the same thing with MS Office.

The problem is the software becomes outdated so fast. Still I get by just fine with Office 2003.

Adobe gets away with it because it has cornered the creative market. So it can charge people these rates to use their software.

This is just an extension of the old school software marketing policy where the software houses would charge $600 for the individual software with no upgrades available for support. Want the latest version every year? You have to repeat the process.

In a way it's a bargain compared to buying the CS6 suite for $2500 then have it go obsolete in 2 years and have to repeat the process all over again. It's also a great way for people to learn the software without having to shell out a lot of money for it. I compare this with engineering software like CATIA or NASTRAN, which sells for $60,000 a seat, no upgrades, no trial versions.

I think the people who got it right were the houses that make apps for the iTunes Store and the Android store. Sell the app for <$10, have unlimited upgrades that automatically download.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
11-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Nah.

Quote:It's a bold move — and one that will likely receive lots of criticism. Still, I think it's a move that makes sense. For creative professionals that rely on Adobe tools, $600 a year for the latest updates isn't out of line with what a Creative Suite Master Collection bundle would cost every 18 or 24 months.

...which was pretty much what I was gonna say.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2013, 12:27 AM
Meh, I'll just pirate it for free.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
12-05-2013, 02:40 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 04:53 AM by Filox.)
No muffs, you will not be able to pirate it, because it will be on a cloud. No more downloads and stand alone versions, only clouding. And this is utter bullshit. The price of Adobe Creative Suite was always pretty high, but this is just ridiculous.

I am no sure about Adobe products, but Microsoft Office can suck balls, because we have LibreOffice and OpenOffice, both are free. Legit and much, much better in reality than stupid Microsoft Office. I personally use Open Office Calc and it is way better than Microfsoft Excel 2007, it can hold much more formulas in one cell and it has the looks of normal old Office, without these modern BS.

So, why don't you people try alternatives to Photoshop? There are good alternatives, which will satisfy most needs and they are free... There always are some. Or you just stick to the older version and never update it.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
12-05-2013, 04:46 AM
I guess I'll just stick with cs5 then.
Not like I planed on getting the newest version anyway.
If it aint broke, don't fix it.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
12-05-2013, 05:35 AM
Wait.... if it uses a cloud, then I can't access it offline?

Like Sim City or Diablo III that I didn't buy for just that reason?

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]