Adolescent Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2015, 03:07 PM
RE: Adolescent Science
Quote:Every equation has infinite variables even if you pretend it doesn't. It is a tool for breaking down things that we already know on some other level.

Chas,
What is wrong with you ?
1 + 1 = 2 has infinite variable. Facepalm

(BTW, stay FAR FAR away from anything pops has built).

Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-07-2015, 03:42 PM
(21-07-2015 03:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
Quote:Every equation has infinite variables even if you pretend it doesn't. It is a tool for breaking down things that we already know on some other level.

Chas,
What is wrong with you ?

Rolleyes

1+ 1= 2
Yes, good job.
However, in relation to reality, even though you can isolate a thing, and test it against another thing, you can never isolate and test everything in an infinite Universe. Therefore the isolations are just that, isolated, closed views, or scenarios. In no way can it deduce shit in perpetuality.
(21-07-2015 03:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Chas,
What is wrong with you ?

Rolleyes

1+ 1= 2
Yes, good job.
However, in relation to reality, even though you can isolate a thing, and test it against another thing, you can never isolate and test everything in an infinite Universe. Therefore the isolations are just that, isolated, closed views, or scenarios. In no way can it deduce shit in if
21-07-2015, 04:14 PM
(21-07-2015 02:07 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Science can not predict....anything that is of any significance....
I'd consider the prediction, and later verification, of background microwave radiation as highly significant.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
21-07-2015, 04:38 PM
(21-07-2015 04:14 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 02:07 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Science can not predict....anything that is of any significance....
I'd consider the prediction, and later verification, of background microwave radiation as highly significant.
Yes yes it is. I love science I swear I do. Its really fucking great. But it causes a horribly one sided view. So much so that you may not even get what the fuck I just said.
21-07-2015, 04:38 PM
(21-07-2015 01:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Science is young if perceived through written history. In it's youth it is proud and arrogant. It takes much gratification in knowing of what has been proved to it. It has seen only that which has been revealed. It is wondrous advancement no doubt. But in wondering has lost meaning. Science can plot a singular scenario accurately. This is good. Science cannot ever efficiently predict or even solve every infinite scenario, ever. It is infinite, henceforth unattainable through mere counting. Science will no doubt grow. This growth must be relative to productive society as opposed to producing instances. To see what is relative to existence one might take up a more philosophical view. Indeed more mature and not assuming. Indeed the father of science.

You do know 'infinity' is not a real thing don't you? Ask any reputable scientist or mathematician, they'll tell you if you invoke 'infinity', basically you got it wrong.

If you paid more attention in science class you'd know that.

Archi

"I love the term magic realism. It's about expanding how you see the world. I think we live in an age where we're just hammered to think this is what the world is. Everything's saying 'That's the world.' And it's not the world. The world is a million possible things." - TG

Salman Rushdie talks to Terry Gilliam
21-07-2015, 04:42 PM
(21-07-2015 04:38 PM)ArchibaldFunkdust Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 01:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Science is young if perceived through written history. In it's youth it is proud and arrogant. It takes much gratification in knowing of what has been proved to it. It has seen only that which has been revealed. It is wondrous advancement no doubt. But in wondering has lost meaning. Science can plot a singular scenario accurately. This is good. Science cannot ever efficiently predict or even solve every infinite scenario, ever. It is infinite, henceforth unattainable through mere counting. Science will no doubt grow. This growth must be relative to productive society as opposed to producing instances. To see what is relative to existence one might take up a more philosophical view. Indeed more mature and not assuming. Indeed the father of science.

You do know 'infinity' is not a real thing don't you? Ask any reputable scientist or mathematician, they'll tell you if you invoke 'infinity', basically you got it wrong.

If you paid more attention in science class you'd know that.

Archi
Excuse me. Infinitely forward given the correct scenario which just so happens to have a whole lot to do with us. I should have clarified my meaning.
21-07-2015, 08:05 PM
(21-07-2015 03:02 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 02:07 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yeah... Open your fucking ears!

Science can not predict or know anything that is of any significance without a fucking direction. Every equation has infinite variables even if you pretend it doesn't. It is a tool for breaking down things that we already know on some other level. Most, anyway.

You aren't very "christ-like" Consider Gasp Laugh out load

I do like the salad you serve up though with every post...word salad mmmmmm

[Image: vil2xg.gif]
Never said I was Christ like.
21-07-2015, 09:37 PM
(21-07-2015 03:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 03:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Chas,
What is wrong with you ?

Rolleyes

1+ 1= 2
Yes, good job.
However, in relation to reality, even though you can isolate a thing, and test it against another thing, you can never isolate and test everything in an infinite Universe.

Interesting, but first you will need to demonstrate that we live in an infinite universe. Consider

Quote:Therefore the isolations are just that, isolated, closed views, or scenarios. In no way can it deduce shit in perpetuality.

What? "perpetuality" isn't a word recognized by the Oxford English Dictionary.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2015, 09:17 AM
Does the big bang theory seam to start at an infinitely small singularity?
Do black holes absorb all energy and compress it to another singularity? Does the Universe expand in all directions, only being slowed by seamingly unobservable forces or energy. All this leads to the probability of infinitely in singled out cases. If infinity is held within points of the Universe then the Universe must have infinite potential just to contain them.
22-07-2015, 09:48 AM
Okay... not an astrophysicist....

(22-07-2015 09:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Does the big bang theory seam to start at an infinitely small singularity?

Am pretty sure the concept of what happened at the start, while it shares some qualities of a 'singularity'? it wasn't one.

(22-07-2015 09:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Do black holes absorb all energy and compress it to another singularity?

Yup, extreme gravity wells pretty much tear everything that enters into them completely apart before hiding them away into a realm we can't yet figure out.

(22-07-2015 09:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Does the Universe expand in all directions, only being slowed by seemingly unobservable forces or energy.

Ah, now here;s the rub. When we look out into the 'depth's of space... what we;re actually doing is looking backwards in time as well... So, what we see at the far extreme of our field of vision is actually back to a point were there's nothing BUT the light of the early reality, before things condensed out into atoms and quarks and stuff (Any actual astrophysicists/scientist, please feel free to correct a lay man's understanding here. Smile ) So, we can't actually "Look off into infinity" as it were. It doesn't work that way. Well... not until we put a saddle on the old Hig's bosun and ride that puppy superlumerly off into the distance. Tongue

(22-07-2015 09:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All this leads to the probability of infinitely in singled out cases. If infinity is held within points of the Universe then the Universe must have infinite potential just to contain them.

And, the above reply is why this above posting bit is actually completely wrong. Am pretty sure we're in for either the complete heat eath of everything we know... or else space becomes so attenuated that it tears itself apart, possibly into yet another, different universal expansion event.

Smile

(Again, real, smart, knowing people feel free to edumacate m'self here. Tongue )