Normandy
La Cambe
Berneuil
All the holocaust memorial sites.

and on and on.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
21-10-2016, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2016 09:01 PM by Chas.)
RE: Adolf Hitler's birth house to be demolished
(21-10-2016 08:05 PM)Ro3bert Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 06:12 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I have mixed views on the idea. On the one hand I understand not wanting to preserve a shrine for neo-nazis to visit but there are many other Hitler-related sites that should be preserved and those would also be used in that way. The 'anti-shrine' argument doesn't strike me as very strong. I'm uneasy about any proposal that seems like it might be trying to sweep history under the rug which is how this sounds to me.

Maybe turn it into a Holocaust museum or a center for Jewish studies or something that recognizes the history while condemning it rather than erasing it.

While I have no love for the Nazi regime it seems to me a lot like other countries that try to erase history. A good example is the various pharaohs of Egypt who tried to erase earlier pharaohs from their history or newer attempts of Russia to erase the past.

The house that Hitler was born in is not historically important. It matters not one whit that it physically disappears.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
07-11-2016, 03:11 AM
RE: Adolf Hitler's birth house to be demolished
(18-10-2016 05:16 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/17/world/...ion-plans/

Despair not, tyrant-worshipping psychos. The Austrians may have disappointed you but I'm sure Stalin's Mum's house in Georgia will continue to take in visitors. The hut and the surrounding museum were closed for a time nearly thirty years back. But with the return of enlightened rule to Russia, everything's been re-opened and there are, I bet, souvenir photo albums tourists can buy of pictures of emaciated "enemies of the people" at Kolyma.
Find all posts by this user