"Adopt an Atheist" Program

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2011, 10:11 AM
RE: "Adopt an Atheist" Program
(11-12-2011 03:15 AM)tobiasfunke Wrote:  Think about this for a second... They want someone in their parish, who blindly follows a fictitious book about an evil monster, to start e-mailing free thinking rational people. This will backfire horribly and will probably lead to more Christians becoming atheists rather than the other way around. I’m actually excited at this sort of stuff happening and would love a Christian to adopt me!

That's very true. You can always count on an analrapist to give a great analysis of the situation. Big Grin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq3sSAPTciWX5TWatSfwV...MBOgcfhIKA]

I love that show. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
11-12-2011, 12:00 PM
(10-12-2011 03:17 PM)JumpinJude Wrote:  [...]

And while on the subject, LOL, I am sick of hearing about missionaries who get in trouble when they go into countries to convert people - I am not condoning violence toward anyone, but hello, how do you think it will go over if you tell people, "Hey, hi there, you're going to hell unless you do things our way!"

That reminds me of this clip from The Book of Mormon, a musical created by the guys who do South Park. It's hilarious, especially the brief part with the African Warlord.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
11-12-2011, 04:42 PM
(11-12-2011 10:11 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 03:15 AM)tobiasfunke Wrote:  Think about this for a second... They want someone in their parish, who blindly follows a fictitious book about an evil monster, to start e-mailing free thinking rational people. This will backfire horribly and will probably lead to more Christians becoming atheists rather than the other way around. I’m actually excited at this sort of stuff happening and would love a Christian to adopt me!

That's very true. You can always count on an analrapist to give a great analysis of the situation. Big Grin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq3sSAPTciWX5TWatSfwV...MBOgcfhIKA]

I love that show. Smile

That's what analrapists are for!
[+] 1 user Likes tobiasfunke's post
12-12-2011, 01:09 AM
What if we make the Adopt a Believer Program?

We can go house by house with the On the Origin of Species book.
We could send them Dawkins quotes.
We can teach them that the Bible is full of contradictions.

I'm sure you have a believer member in your family.

Let's open their eyes now that Christmas are coming!!

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like KVron's post
12-12-2011, 01:28 PM
(10-12-2011 11:55 AM)JumpinJude Wrote:  Catholic League president Bill Donohue explains why the Catholic League is starting a new initiative aimed at atheists:

. . .

Today we are launching our “Adopt An Atheist” campaign, the predicate of which is, “We want atheists to realize that there may be Christians in their community, even if those Christians don’t even know they are Christian.”

Christians that don't know they're Christian? I'm kind of at a loss here. No expert, but I thought the basic thing about being Christian is that you believe Jesus is the Son of God. How can you believe that but not know you believe it? Huh

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
12-12-2011, 03:07 PM
I was talking to someone last night who said she had two or three people at her door in one day trying to push Christianity. She lives ten miles out in the country and no one goes out that far to solicit anything. She talked to some neighbors and no one came to their doors... they singled her out. There is a large Atheist community to which she belongs... they do good works around the city.
When I got home, I pulled this Adopt an Atheist thing up... I guess they figure doubt is doubt. Pushy bastards.
I suppose they'll be pounding on my door, next. Just when I thought I had them all scared off. Undecided

Dodgy Just what I want this time of year... 'cause ya just can't get enough Christianity.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
12-12-2011, 03:11 PM
(12-12-2011 03:07 PM)kim Wrote:  I was talking to someone last night who said she had two or three people at her door in one day trying to push Christianity. She lives ten miles out in the country and no one goes out that far to solicit anything. She talked to some neighbors and no one came to their doors... they singled her out. There is a large Atheist community to which she belongs... they do good works around the city.
When I got home, I pulled this Adopt an Atheist thing up... I guess they figure doubt is doubt. Pushy bastards.
I suppose they'll be pounding on my door, next. Just when I thought I had them all scared off. Undecided

Dodgy Just what I want this time of year... 'cause ya just can't get enough Christianity.

Ugh - I feel for your friend. That is awful. Like I have said, the whole thing is so condescending... and yeah, someone else mentioned the part about people maybe not knowing they're Christian... what? Hello? I think if you have a religion, you know it. (Go ahead, sing it - "Clap your hands!")

Oh, maybe I need to post the sign that is right by my doorbell - believe me, it works, too, as I have seen people walk up, read, then walk off. It's so explicit you'd have to be either illiterate or an asshole to ring my bell. Now, picture a red stop sign right above the NO part. It's not pretty, but it works - well, sometimes people leave pamphlets, but it's easy to throw them in the recycle bin, and if it means not having to actually listen to their bullshit, I am delighted! (It's not really ugly, either.)

NO SOLICITING or PROSELYTIZING!

• Absolutely NO religious information/proselytizing
• No door-to-door sales or marketing of any kind
• No politics, petitions, or surveys
• No exceptions, please

Please do NOT leave pamphlets - it’s littering

Thank you for respecting our privacy

Attached File(s)
.doc  No Soliciting.doc (Size: 30.5 KB / Downloads: 43)
[+] 3 users Like JumpinJude's post
13-12-2011, 11:39 AM
My son is a Catholic. I wonder if he'll try to adopt me. That would be a fun conversation over beer and onion rings at our favorite local bar.
[+] 2 users Like Olddaad's post