Adrian asks, "Whatsup TTA, Whatsup?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Adrian asks, "Whatsup TTA, Whatsup?"
Hey friends!

It's been about 3 months since I've checked in. Perhaps you remember me, perhaps not. But I definitely remember most of you!

I thought I'd give a small life update for me.

Things have been going really well for me.

Me and my girlfriend got back together months ago, and we are happier than ever. After a lot of thinking about what I wanted out of life and in a partnership, I realized that the happiness and comfort of being with her is far more important than my childhood ideals of the perfect girl and ideal future. Whatever comes our way, we'll handle it together Big Grin.

My brother and I haven't spoken for several months. This week he left me a voicemail along the lines of, "Stop being a little girl and call me. The boys in this family are NOT gunna act like the girls. Stop being a little bi***." I don't think I can talk to him while he approaches me with disrespect and insults. I mean I could, but it won't end well.

Since quitting TTA, I've been refocusing on doing well at work and spending time with friends and fam. It's been great! I got nominated at work for the employee of the quarter award (200+ employees at my office and I was 1 of 5 nominees!). I didn't win, but getting nominated was a huge honor, and definitely unexpected. My boss has been trying to hire me a jr. developer to work under me so I can move onto bigger projects. I'm not too thrilled about it as I'm pretty comfortable, but I do want to keep growing for my own sake. The worst part though, is interviewing people. Blegh, it sucks! I've had to say "no hire" to like 4 people.

And onto the biggest news! I've decided to make the big life step. I am buying my first house! (Sorry Emily, I don't know if there is room for ya Tongue)
[Image: House_zpsb80947e6.jpg]
[Image: kitchen_zps2a5739ae.jpg]
[Image: kitchen2_zps443a1ec7.jpg]
[Image: LivingRoom_zps59f493d8.jpg]
My girlfriend and I will likely be moving in early July (I'm buying the house independently). I am deep into the house buying process, and basically all that is left is finalizing my loan, then waiting for the seller to give me possession. So much paperwork!!!

Annnnd yeah! That's what I've been up to. I hope everybody is doing well. This is mostly just a check-in to tell you all how life has been. I might stick around for a small while and browse, but I'm not going to be posting in any other threads.

Again hope everybody is making life awesome!

-Adrian

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Adrianime's post
12-05-2014, 09:22 AM
RE: Adrian asks, "Whatsup TTA, Whatsup?"
Sounds like you are doing awesome!

House looks beautiful- just make sure the schools assigned to it are good ones--because it makes all the difference when you try to sell it later. Seriously.

same thing here…more new members, a couple drive by theists, cool science postings, the usual.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
12-05-2014, 09:24 AM
tl;dr version: When you leave TTA for a while, you get a promotion, a girlfriend and enough money to buy a house.

Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
12-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Nice to hear from you!

Check in again soon Smile

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
12-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Glad to hear you are doing so well, oh and I fucking told you so re: the girlfriend. Tongue

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Welcome back, even if it is for a short while. Glad you sorted out things with your gf Smile IIRC you weren't a very happy man when you broke up.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-05-2014, 09:36 AM
So glad to hear you are doing well!!! Big Grin

12-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Adrian! Big Grin

Psyched to hear things are going so awesomely for you!

House looks great, congrats on the prospect of upward mobility in the job Laugh out load

I've missed you here, man!
12-05-2014, 10:19 AM
House is AWESOME! Congrats!!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
12-05-2014, 10:34 AM
With a fire place?!?!?
It seems there may be a fine line between envy and Undecided I-hate-your-guts.

Dang - you've been busy.... how are you not exhausted?

Good to see the family stuff calming down... those things can really eat on the mind for years. It's just not worth it - living is too preciously short.

Back with the lady friend, huh? Nice. Commitment is... really what it is; a commitment. It is often the one thing that states emphatically that a decision must be adhered to. I think it's good you've taken the time to think ... such things are not to be delved into on a whim. Sounds as if you both might really be getting it together - congrats to you both! Thumbsup

ps... On your "closing" day, take off from work and plan for nothing else ... it will take all day (no matter what they told you). Your signature hand will ache afterward and your entire body will buzz... you won't be good for much. Just make sure you have a full tank of gas because you will drive aimlessly in your car trying to comprehend what you have just done. Shy
Heart Eat well.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post