Adventure Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Adventure Time
Holy hell, anyone else see this show?

I have to say other than the new Scooby Doo cartoon which is awesome I'm not a big fan of cartoon shows anymore, now that my pot smoking days are far behind me Smile
But this show is so fucking crazy I can't help but love it.
The funny thing is I was just flipping channels (not being a huge tv watcher) looking for cartoons my kid would want to watch and came across this show. It was an episode about this little dude who adventures, and he was hanging out with his female friend who was whining about her relationship with her dad. The hero was listening to this and decided to summon the dad. Not knowing who the dad was.
The dad appears. Begins swallowing souls and getting bigger. Leaving behind depressed husks. He gets huge and gross, until the end when he is distracted and the hero comes by and slices into the huge mass of evil soul sucker, causing him to spew souls all over the place. My kid loved it.

The show has a very macabre sense of humor and a no holds barred attitude that I find alluring.
If you like shows that are great give it a shot, it sure as hell beats the my little pony cartoon. Wierdos.

adventure time

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2011, 09:02 AM
RE: Adventure Time
Yeah i've seen that show and would rather not remember it. That show was such a mind$&%@ that I had to sit down for awhile and digest what the hell i'd just seen.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
Find all posts by this user
06-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah it's great that way. It reminds me of this super fucked up cartoon movie I saw once, that I was pretty sure had I seen it while on acid it would have made me go insane. That movie is called Cat Soup. Watch it if you want a serious mind fuck.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2011, 09:34 AM
I love Adventure Time and so do my kids. It's one of the few shows that I'll laugh at just as much as they do and I'll watch it any time with them. I even have a t-shirt. Smile

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
07-10-2011, 09:30 PM
(29-09-2011 07:51 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Holy hell, anyone else see this show? ... If you like shows that are great give it a shot, it sure as hell beats the my little pony cartoon.

So I watched like 3-4 of these in a row and I felt the need to watch an episode of "My Little Pony" as an antidote. Then I started watching them again.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
07-10-2011, 10:11 PM

Haven't seen it but the description you gave reminded me of Invader Zim. I will definitely have to check it out! I love a good fucked up cartoon. Most cartoon shows these days are too toned down and yeah, they haven't been the same since I quit with the weed.
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2011, 07:17 AM
(07-10-2011 10:11 PM)Rabidtreeweasel Wrote:  Haven't seen it but the description you gave reminded me of Invader Zim. I will definitely have to check it out! I love a good fucked up cartoon. Most cartoon shows these days are too toned down and yeah, they haven't been the same since I quit with the weed.

Yeah I'd put it in the pantheon with Zim, though Zim was a bit darker overall. Adventure Time is more fantasy based, but it's more fun because reality is pretty warped.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.