Adventure Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Adventure Time
I am very skeptical of this television show. It seems like the epicenter of supreme stupidity to me. However, I've heard people say it's soooo good, and why don't you like it. But a 3 second clip from youtube and I'm interested. Don't want to get my hopes up though, so I'd like a few reviews before I try and watch it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2013, 11:51 PM
RE: Adventure Time
My experience with Adventure Time:

I saw elements of the show online in various forms (video clips, memes, song clips, interview with voice actors, writers, etc). I didn't know what the show was about, whether it was old or new - nothing.

With most popular television shows and films, I bookmark them to watch at my leisure to see if I would like it. I was sceptical of Adventure Time.

I watched the first few episodes and greatly enjoyed it. I settled myself in for a marathon. The show got better and better as the show delved deeper into the world- introducing more elements of the world, and of the characters.

I give the show a strong recommendation.
17-01-2013, 12:39 AM
(16-01-2013 11:51 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  My experience with Adventure Time:

I saw elements of the show online in various forms (video clips, memes, song clips, interview with voice actors, writers, etc). I didn't know what the show was about, whether it was old or new - nothing.

With most popular television shows and films, I bookmark them to watch at my leisure to see if I would like it. I was sceptical of Adventure Time.

I watched the first few episodes and greatly enjoyed it. I settled myself in for a marathon. The show got better and better as the show delved deeper into the world- introducing more elements of the world, and of the characters.

I give the show a strong recommendation.
I better not be disappointed, otherwise I'm going to give my foot a strong recommendation up your ass! Drinking Beverage
17-01-2013, 01:17 AM
As an avid fan of Adventure Time (I even collect the comic books!), the thing that I like about Adventure Time is how behind all of that silly, insane stuff that they put out there, there's a bit of a darker side to it.
I really recommend it.

But don't take my word for it, definitely try it out yourself!

There's a great video on youtube that talks about possible reasons for why so many not-kids like it so much and if you'd like a link to it, I could totally get one for you.
17-01-2013, 01:35 AM
I watched the first episode, all I have to say is this.

As I thought, it was not only stupid but it was also highly immature as well.
17-01-2013, 04:27 AM
(17-01-2013 01:35 AM)Nappa Wrote:  As I thought, it was not only stupid but it was also highly immature as well.
Of course it is. That is the entire point... I gather you get a feeling of superiority by finding it immature?
As if something being immature is a bad thing anyway...

[Image: opforum1.png]
17-01-2013, 04:32 AM
(17-01-2013 04:27 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 01:35 AM)Nappa Wrote:  As I thought, it was not only stupid but it was also highly immature as well.
Of course it is. That is the entire point... I gather you get a feeling of superiority by finding it immature?
As if something being immature is a bad thing anyway...
There's a fine line between funny stupid, and outright retarded.
17-01-2013, 04:36 AM
But there is the rare chance of something being funny retarded. That is exactly what Adventure Time is. Wink

[Image: opforum1.png]
17-01-2013, 05:06 AM
I must admit, that show raised my curiosity as well.

Just as well I am too lazy to commit to watching it...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-01-2013, 07:33 AM
It's a cartoon marketed at tweens and up... of course it's immature. If you walked into it not thinking that was what you were getting, I don't know what you think you were watching; It's not as if it's an anime, it's a US afternoon style cartoon.

I don't watch it often, I think my brother records every episode and loves it. It's enjoyable for it's creative style of taking fairy tales to a bizarre and absurd twist. Along with the amusing cast of side world characters I've seen in off bit episodes.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson