Adventures in Africa

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2011, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 06:48 PM by tazmin98.)
Exclamation Adventures in Africa
Four things I want to say.....AFRICA IS FREAKING SCARY!!!

I know this because I am African. Went back to my home country(Zimbabwe) for the holiday. Went to see my country's heritage site, caves, Victoria Falls and safaris. But the only thing that stood to me was the amount to churches they are.I mean last time I was there(5 years ago), they was only like 2 or 3 churches in my area but like 5 or even 6 churches in my area!! Every you go there is a church or something relating to the Church. I mean nearly every branch of Christianity(expect Mormon) was there. Things that you hear question if the newspaper is over exaggerating (My Dad said so). Like take this for an example
I am not really proud of my country but there are things that I am
(I know I should but I don't think I was ever... am I a horrible person?)

Good:
Waterfall
We had an empire
Our heritage site
Language
Well Educated
We were once the breadbasket of Africa ( still colonized)
Economy is getting better
Bad:
Thieves ( theft in broad light)
Unsafe roads
Dirty roads
Rubbish
Corrupted police(certain areas, they may ask you for your TV licences)
Religion
HIV/AIDS(Most churches still think condoms are a taboo and preachabout it but some churches have acknowledge that condoms cut the risk and protect you and are providing free condoms even its against God's word, they know Aids is killing people)
It's just so unsafe there! I mean Mugabe is still there(heard he was going to die of cancer-wikileaks)
I would have rather Britain re-colonized us than Mugabe run for another year, at least Britain treated us better.

My rant is over! I will post some pictures[/align] later onBig Grin

P.S Witchcraft is pretty crazy!!!!!!

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2011, 06:34 PM
RE: Adventures in Africa
(10-09-2011 05:38 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  Four things I want to say.....AFRICA IS FREAKING SCARY!!!
I would have rather Britain re-colonized us than Mugabe run for another year, at least Britain treated us better.

My rant is over! I will post some pictures[/align] later onBig Grin

Thanks for sharing. I've met a number of African people in Australia in the past few years, refugees, and listened to their stories. It is truly horrific what some humans can do to other humans,especially when the victims are little children,or young boys who are forcibly made to join rebel armies.

I met young children who lost their whole families and became orphans, parents who lost all their children, and it goes on, such sadness due to no fault of their own, but due to conditions of war or rebellion or the greed of leaders and authorities.

I think the proliferation of churches and religions is due to fear of the people. They are seeking comfort or reassurance in their time of need. No doubt many church organisations provide food and shelter along with spiritual help.

People in such need are easy targets for the churches, but if help is material as well as spiritual, then it's a small price to pay, I think.

Even in Kenya, a country that I always thought was a more advanced and stable country, there are are horrific instances happening and starvation and homelessness are pervasive even there.

Africa has enough problems with hunger, disease and homelessness without adding war and rebellion to the mix.

If the churches are aiding, along with secular agencies, then I won't criticise them for that and if spiritual guidance is included, well, it may well help the situation. A god won't help them, so someone has to!

I truly hope that the African people can look to a better future.

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
10-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Yeah I think the churches are doing a good thing but they are some things that will question their faith(such as using condoms). But I was brought in a sheltered home, we had a quite big house( with 4 giant boxes of toys) I never heard anything bad. I didn't even about the 9/11 attacks

But with religion and witchcraft, its be a scary place.

(My mum thinks the same thing about if we were still colonized)

10-09-2011, 07:06 PM
(10-09-2011 06:47 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  Yeah I think the churches are doing a good thing but they are some things that will question their faith(such as using condoms). But I was brought in a sheltered home, we had a quite big house( with 4 giant boxes of toys) I never heard anything bad. I didn't even about the 9/11 attacks

With regard to the devastating Catholic Church stance on birth control,particularly condoms, I feel that the governments should take a strong approach to refute such idiotic teachings. Unfortunately, they appear to, in the main, go along with it.

Witchcraft is another issue, and female circumcision another. Yes, many problems in the womb of humanity.

With regard to colonisation, being an ex Brit, I always felt guilty about it, but perhaps you and your Mum could be right!

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
10-09-2011, 10:27 PM
(10-09-2011 05:38 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  P.S Witchcraft is pretty crazy!!!!!!

I hope you got some pictures of that. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
11-09-2011, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2011 12:47 PM by tazmin98.)
(10-09-2011 10:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-09-2011 05:38 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  P.S Witchcraft is pretty crazy!!!!!!

I hope you got some pictures of that. Wink
Unfortunately I couldn't. Apparently my aunt was possessed and started talking in a different voice(who were the witches talking) saying they were going to eat her(because she was so fat)

(10-09-2011 07:06 PM)Organon Wrote:  
(10-09-2011 06:47 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  Yeah I think the churches are doing a good thing but they are some things that will question their faith(such as using condoms). But I was brought in a sheltered home, we had a quite big house( with 4 giant boxes of toys) I never heard anything bad. I didn't even about the 9/11 attacks

With regard to the devastating Catholic Church stance on birth control,particularly condoms, I feel that the governments should take a strong approach to refute such idiotic teachings. Unfortunately, they appear to, in the main, go along with it.

Witchcraft is another issue, and female circumcision another. Yes, many problems in the womb of humanity.

With regard to colonisation, being an ex Brit, I always felt guilty about it, but perhaps you and your Mum could be right!

Don't feel guilty! My country had an empire somewhere around the Ming dynasty.Big Grin

11-09-2011, 05:08 PM
(11-09-2011 12:46 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  Unfortunately I couldn't. Apparently my aunt was possessed and started talking in a different voice(who were the witches talking) saying they were going to eat her(because she was so fat) ...

And you couldn't take pictures why? I would've liked to have seen it....

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
12-09-2011, 10:09 AM
(11-09-2011 05:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-09-2011 12:46 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  Unfortunately I couldn't. Apparently my aunt was possessed and started talking in a different voice(who were the witches talking) saying they were going to eat her(because she was so fat) ...

And you couldn't take pictures why? I would've liked to have seen it....

I know but I really couldn't. It's a taboo to be near or any contact with witch because they might end up eating you. But apparently my gran knew this person who lived underwater with mermaids and came out as a witch(Me and my dad told her if you said that in the UK, you would be thrown in a mental hospital. My dad said to her that person was probably hallucinating or on drugs) I really don't believe but it still scare since it's part of my culture.

15-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Zimbabwe is on my countries border, in actual fact there are many Zimbabweans now living in South Africa beacuse of the economical and political situation in Zimbabwe. This recently caused much violence due to xenophobic attacks (Our Native South Africans felt threatened, jobs/housing/security etc...)

I can relate to the "witch craft" so to speak. We have what we call sangomas here, they believe in ATR - African Traditional Religions. They practice alternative medicine, rituals (usually sacrificing animals) and also serve as the community Divinest, similar to the pope but in this case they have a direct link to ancestors.

I've seen my fair share of fucked up lol wish i had a camera for you all, but the above is common practice here, despite South Africa being an emerging first world country :/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-09-2011, 09:35 AM
(15-09-2011 02:08 AM)Trabbit Wrote:  Zimbabwe is on my countries border, in actual fact there are many Zimbabweans now living in South Africa beacuse of the economical and political situation in Zimbabwe. This recently caused much violence due to xenophobic attacks (Our Native South Africans felt threatened, jobs/housing/security etc...)

I can relate to the "witch craft" so to speak. We have what we call sangomas here, they believe in ATR - African Traditional Religions. They practice alternative medicine, rituals (usually sacrificing animals) and also serve as the community Divinest, similar to the pope but in this case they have a direct link to ancestors.

I've seen my fair share of fucked up lol wish i had a camera for you all, but the above is common practice here, despite South Africa being an emerging first world country :/
HAHA very true. My aunt is living in South Africa. But for me I wouldn't live Zimbabwe even if it's my home country. It's too dangerous. You don't how many fucked things in Africa that real question if they are true or not