Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2011, 03:16 AM
RE: Adventures in Africa
[Image: sangoma_logo1.jpg]
typical sangoma with his wares ^
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2011, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 12:05 AM by GirlyMan.)
(16-09-2011 03:16 AM)Trabbit Wrote:  [Image: sangoma_logo1.jpg]
typical sangoma with his wares ^

Is it just me? Cause I see Christianty selling these same wares ... especially the bright shiny one in the middle.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
17-09-2011, 08:36 AM
I find the areas more controlled by the church scarier than the Sangoma. While the church provides aid many pastors will only provide aid to believers so they condition people to follow in line. Most of Africa has always been steeped in spirits and rituals so when people look at the bible they find ways to make it fit with what they do, and it gets really scary really fast. the problem is that the churches don't try very hard to stop this special type of christian fanaticism. Instead they endorse it by feeding these people because they believe in god. I'll go to Africa one day, but wouldn't set foot in Zimbabwe unless things really changed.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
17-09-2011, 12:44 PM
(17-09-2011 08:36 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I find the areas more controlled by the church scarier than the Sangoma. While the church provides aid many pastors will only provide aid to believers so they condition people to follow in line. Most of Africa has always been steeped in spirits and rituals so when people look at the bible they find ways to make it fit with what they do, and it gets really scary really fast. the problem is that the churches don't try very hard to stop this special type of christian fanaticism. Instead they endorse it by feeding these people because they believe in god. I'll go to Africa one day, but wouldn't set foot in Zimbabwe unless things really changed.

Yes don't go but I had South Africa is good, the only bad thing is that you luggage might get stolen

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]