Adventures with Stark and Nurse

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
18-09-2015, 01:24 PM
RE: Adventures with Stark and Nurse
(18-09-2015 12:54 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 11:55 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  It's nice to see that Stark is sharing his meat......

They throw in a couple tossed salads, and there won't be any reason to leave the house! Tongue

He could even make her a chilli dog for dinner. Laugh out load

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2015, 03:32 PM
(18-09-2015 12:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  And, like, fish isn't a valid taxonomic category. There's more diversity in "seafood" than anything we eat on land...

But I guess narrowing it down would involve using yourselves as test subjects, so maybe it's better to err on the side of caution.

Neither of us are allergic to seafood....THAT is far too broad a scope. In fact, both enjoy shellfish thoroughly. We are both allergic to ALL fish, not all seafood.

We are on Vancouver island, which is the west coast of Canada. We ate lunch at the Coombs Market where we took the pics of the goats on the roof.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
18-09-2015, 03:39 PM
(18-09-2015 03:32 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 12:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  And, like, fish isn't a valid taxonomic category. There's more diversity in "seafood" than anything we eat on land...

But I guess narrowing it down would involve using yourselves as test subjects, so maybe it's better to err on the side of caution.

Neither of us are allergic to seafood....THAT is far too broad a scope. In fact, both enjoy shellfish thoroughly. We are both allergic to ALL fish, not all seafood.

Buuuuut... lampreys, for instance, are evolutionarily farther from salmon than a salmon is from you.

It's not that I doubt it, I'm just struggling to think of a physiological reason for such a type reaction.

... this is my signature!
18-09-2015, 03:44 PM
(18-09-2015 03:39 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 03:32 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Neither of us are allergic to seafood....THAT is far too broad a scope. In fact, both enjoy shellfish thoroughly. We are both allergic to ALL fish, not all seafood.

Buuuuut... lampreys, for instance, are evolutionarily farther from salmon than a salmon is from you.

It's not that I doubt it, I'm just struggling to think of a physiological reason for such a type reaction.

I don't know much about fish, but I think the allergy has something to do with the slime fish have on their bodies, since touching a fish then, say, my eye, causes my eye to swell up like a fucking cantloupe. Although eating fish = anaphalaxis. :shrug:
So basically..... Fish bad.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
18-09-2015, 03:49 PM
(18-09-2015 10:19 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Holy balls. Bacon and cheese grits for the win!

A man's heart is through his stomach and all that.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
18-09-2015, 03:51 PM
(18-09-2015 03:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 10:19 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Holy balls. Bacon and cheese grits for the win!

A man's heart is through his stomach and all that.

Wouldn't the way to Stark's heart be through a bong? Consider

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
18-09-2015, 05:58 PM
(18-09-2015 11:52 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Being allergic to fish SUCKS. I still like to fish though. I just make sure I have someone to feed it to...hence no fishing for this visit. Wink

The salmon run is just beginning, so it's an exciting time to be here. We saw a couple hundred, but they're just starting to get going. When they really start their trip up river, they'll be counted in the thousands. Alas, still only a fraction of what it used to be though. Sad

I served some time at Ft. Lewis, Washington [1975] so I used to know your area quite well. I love fishing and that's mostly what I did at Ft. Lewis.

My wife and I also love to eat fish and seafood.
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
19-09-2015, 11:05 AM
Beautiful place you live Stark.....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
19-09-2015, 12:02 PM
(18-09-2015 03:32 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  

We are on Vancouver island, which is the west coast of Canada. We ate lunch at the Coombs Market where we took the pics of the goats on the roof.

Oh, then you live very close to my oldest brother. I think he lives on Gabriola Island. He's very hippy-dippy.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-09-2015, 02:59 PM
(19-09-2015 11:05 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Beautiful place you live Stark.....

IKR? I am sooo jealous. He could probably make some money on the side taking nature photos. Stunning pics.

- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post