Adventures with Stark and Nurse

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
22-09-2015, 11:17 AM
RE: Adventures with Stark and Nurse
All that is in the vicinity of stark's place?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2015, 11:37 AM
(22-09-2015 11:10 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  That is only twenty minutes from my home in Georgia. I was just there last month:

Little River Canyon is a nice place. We're planning a ride down that way this fall when the leaves are changing.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
22-09-2015, 12:14 PM
(22-09-2015 11:17 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  All that is in the vicinity of stark's place?

The amount of nature available to explore in Canada is probably beyond comprehension to people who haven't been here. Consider that Canada is the 2nd largest country in the world, but has a population smaller than the Tokyo metropolitan area to spread across all that space. In other words, there's a lot of trees and lakes and waterfalls and shit like that Tongue

As much as I miss my guns stashed safely on the other side of the border ('Murica), I love it here.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
22-09-2015, 12:25 PM
To get me to live in Canada for any great length of time, you'd have to tell me there are warm spots. Or at least tell me that every resident is provided by the government, with a working fireplace & cozy sweaters.

It's pretty but ... brrrrr. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
22-09-2015, 12:30 PM
(22-09-2015 12:25 PM)kim Wrote:  To get me to live in Canada for any great length of time, you'd have to tell me there are warm spots. Or at least tell me that every resident is provided by the government, with a working fireplace & cozy sweaters.

It's pretty but ... brrrrr. Shy

The warm season lasts a good 4 months or so and is quite enjoyable. Then winter comes with a vengeance Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
22-09-2015, 12:36 PM
(22-09-2015 09:57 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Got on the plane after going through customs in Vancouver, only to wait on the plane for an hour due to system check failures.

Now off the plane. Still waiting in Vancouver.

It's gonna be another really long travel day. The wine bar isn't open. Airports are like the beach - it's 5 o'clock somewhere - so open the bar and let's have happy hour!

I'm sure you'll be fine.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
22-09-2015, 03:03 PM
So I'm on the plane. Finally decided wifi was necessary. The beautiful mountain scenery (saw a snow capped mountain for the first time in my life) became desert then obscured by clouds so bright I had to pull the shade.

I'll find out when I get home when we land in about 45 minutes.

And I have no idea what I did with my sunglasses... Stark, if you find them, shoot me an email.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
22-09-2015, 03:33 PM
I'll have a look for them.

Don't forget....cranberry juice. Wink

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
22-09-2015, 03:39 PM
(22-09-2015 03:03 PM)Nurse Wrote:  So I'm on the plane. Finally decided wifi was necessary. The beautiful mountain scenery (saw a snow capped mountain for the first time in my life) became desert then obscured by clouds so bright I had to pull the shade.

I'll find out when I get home when we land in about 45 minutes.

And I have no idea what I did with my sunglasses... Stark, if you find them, shoot me an email.

Quote:saw a snow capped mountain for the first time in my life

Huh? Ohmy Really? ?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-09-2015, 03:41 PM
(22-09-2015 11:17 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  All that is in the vicinity of stark's place?

Everything we've posted so far is very close to my place. The farthest we travelled was a three hour drive cross country to the west coast of the island on Monday (pictures forthcoming).

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post