Advice For A Soda Drinker

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2017, 11:26 PM
Advice For A Soda Drinker
I am trying hard to cut back on soda. Lately I've had these bouts of stomach pains after drinking two cans of soda. I remember when I was in Florida for my summer, two months and a half, I had hardly any soda. Only at restaurants or outings, which were few and far between, sometimes even then I got water as soda is alot for a place like that. (I still got sick as Florida is rather humid and I didn't drink that much water like my aunt but still I drank more then normal.)

I found that I felt great all the time there, never once got sick with a stomach ache of pains. During my period I felt more energized and less cramps. Sure the first two days of flushing out the soda were horrible, but after that I felt great. Now I don't have a kidney stone, no red pee or anything like that, perfectly healthy on that part.

But, being in a house of over 7 other people, it is harder for me to cut back then in Florida. My Aunt would only drank diet and I hated the taste so I resorted to water.

The reason I want to cut back is during that time I felt healthy and comfortable with myself. I am trying to go just get rid of it, but it's hard as I said seven other people who LOVE soda.

Any advice?

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2017, 11:46 PM
RE: Advice For A Soda Drinker
I suppose it's all in how soda makes you feel. I got sober a little over 5yrs ago and I started drinking caffeine free Diet Pepsi. I rarely drink just water unless I'm actually thirsty. I go through about 8-10 a day with no harmful side effects. I know soda isn't good for you but I hate to just drink water. I've never had any problems with drinking soda and contrary to what some people say, I do not believe that drinking a diet soda will increase your chances of making you gain weight. I weigh 175lbs and have for many years.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is if it makes you feel bad don't drink it. If it doesn't it won't hurt you (diet soda that is).

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
05-04-2017, 11:47 PM
(05-04-2017 11:26 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  ...
Any advice?

Yeah.

Move to Florida.

Drinking Beverage

(05-04-2017 11:26 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  ...
I still got sick as Florida ...

"Sick as Florida" could become a thing.

Yes

I kicked a 40 year, 2 litres a day, Pepsi habit this year. It's a mindset thing.

"Would you like...?"
"No thanks, I don't drink."

Practice in the mirror.

Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-04-2017, 12:09 AM
XD I had no idea I said 'as Florida' I meant in... It was dark in the room as I was typing. Laugh out load

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
06-04-2017, 02:52 AM
I just stopped. I have only had 3 glasses of soda since August. One was with alcohol and the other two were just a treat. Also helped I have someone buying me drinks and food until I can get a job so I told them just do not buy soda.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
06-04-2017, 05:13 AM
(05-04-2017 11:26 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  I am trying hard to cut back on soda. Lately I've had these bouts of stomach pains after drinking two cans of soda. I remember when I was in Florida for my summer, two months and a half, I had hardly any soda. Only at restaurants or outings, which were few and far between, sometimes even then I got water as soda is alot for a place like that. (I still got sick as Florida is rather humid and I didn't drink that much water like my aunt but still I drank more then normal.)

I found that I felt great all the time there, never once got sick with a stomach ache of pains. During my period I felt more energized and less cramps. Sure the first two days of flushing out the soda were horrible, but after that I felt great. Now I don't have a kidney stone, no red pee or anything like that, perfectly healthy on that part.

But, being in a house of over 7 other people, it is harder for me to cut back then in Florida. My Aunt would only drank diet and I hated the taste so I resorted to water.

The reason I want to cut back is during that time I felt healthy and comfortable with myself. I am trying to go just get rid of it, but it's hard as I said seven other people who LOVE soda.

Any advice?
I'm a big soda drinker, and if anything its just habit now, but I have stopped before and probably should again now.

I think the big part is just phasing it out. If you're drinking high-sugar soda's, switch to low suger/suger free, and then try to just drink less and less, whilst having a different drink in between (juice or water) to get used to it.

Eventually you'll be able to stop out right, and you'll probably feel awesome for doing it.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
06-04-2017, 05:30 AM
Advice? Sure. Quit now before you have to switch from soda to this stuff.

[Image: 2251617-glucose-meter-insulin-pen-injection.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
06-04-2017, 05:37 AM
Switch to seltzer and keep the seltzer bottles next to the soda so that you'll automatically reach for that, instead. Or put a pitcher of water with lemon, lime, or orange slices next to the soda and have that--tastes better than soda and doesn't fizz.

Switch to coffee or tea if you want the caffeine hit. Takes more effort to make, but what you're trying to do is put a hitch in your habit, so that's a good thing, plus there's more caffeine than in soda, so you don't have to drink as much.

And/or develop the habit of drinking a glass of water before you open the fridge.

Lead by example, and maybe others in your house will step away from soda also, so there'll be less around.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
06-04-2017, 05:50 AM
You can get flavorings for water at most grocery stores. A few drops and you have a low cal drink without a lot of added junk. Try the black cherry.

And remember, artificial sweeteners are varied. You might find one that you like. I use Splenda and can't tell the difference from sugar.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2017, 06:35 AM
We don't have any drinks in Australia called "soda" so I assume you're referring to carbonated water-based drinks?

If so, it could be simply a case of bloating—if you knock back too much soda, too quickly.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post