Advice For A Soda Drinker

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2017, 06:40 AM
RE: Advice For A Soda Drinker
(06-04-2017 06:35 AM)SYZ Wrote:  We don't have any drinks in Australia called "soda" so I assume you're referring to carbonated water-based drinks?

If so, it could be simply a case of bloating—if you knock back too much soda, too quickly.

I think you mean an effervescence H2O based liquid. Commonly called a soft drink.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2017, 07:01 AM
(06-04-2017 06:40 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 06:35 AM)SYZ Wrote:  We don't have any drinks in Australia called "soda" so I assume you're referring to carbonated water-based drinks?

If so, it could be simply a case of bloating—if you knock back too much soda, too quickly.

I think you mean an effervescence H2O based liquid. Commonly called a soft drink.

We tend to call it Pop in the UK Big Grin

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
06-04-2017, 07:02 AM
(06-04-2017 07:01 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 06:40 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I think you mean an effervescence H2O based liquid. Commonly called a soft drink.

We tend to call it Pop in the UK Big Grin

Has a different name pretty much everywhere but Soft Drink is a pretty universal term.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
06-04-2017, 07:06 AM
[Image: lacriox-banner.jpg]

I don't know if La Croix sparkling water is as popular in other parts of the country, but it's gaining customers left and right here in Florida. It's got the bubbles of soda, but nothing else. It doesn't have a sweet taste, but it does come in a variety of flavors. It'll be an adjustment at first, because it's a bit of a shock at first when you're expecting sweet and getting something that's much crisper, but drink a few very cold cans and you may find that this is a very good substitute for soda.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
06-04-2017, 07:10 AM
(06-04-2017 07:06 AM)Aliza Wrote:  [Image: lacriox-banner.jpg]

I don't know if La Croix sparkling water is as popular in other parts of the country, but it's gaining customers left and right here in Florida. It's got the bubbles of soda, but nothing else. It doesn't have a sweet taste, but it does come in a variety of flavors. It'll be an adjustment at first, because it's a bit of a shock at first when you're expecting sweet and getting something that's much crisper, but drink a few very cold cans and you may find that this is a very good substitute for soda.

I have some of those. Not carbonated enough for me. Perrier is more carbonated but expensive. Club soda is cheaper. I put a jigger or so of fruit juice (pomegranate, dark cherry, acai, other shit that's supposed to be good for my old man ticker and diabeetus) into the soda water (or the LaCroix for that matter because the hint of fruit is too subtle for my tastes).

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-04-2017, 07:15 AM

La Croix is what we switched to in my house, although it's been a while since I've had a coke habit, it's the others with the problem Laugh out load

Drinking coffee and tea keeps me off the coke, I don't even crave them anymore. It wasn't even intentional.

(My region calls it coke, cola, soda, or soft drink...but coke is the most common term)

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
06-04-2017, 08:21 AM
(06-04-2017 07:10 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I have some of those. Not carbonated enough for me. Perrier is more carbonated but expensive. Club soda is cheaper. I put a jigger or so of fruit juice (pomegranate, dark cherry, acai, other shit that's supposed to be good for my old man ticker and diabeetus) into the soda water (or the LaCroix for that matter because the hint of fruit is too subtle for my tastes).
Try the Shweppes if you like really bubbly.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
06-04-2017, 08:31 AM
[Image: Kevita.jpg.cf.jpg]

If you have these in your local supermarkets, they make a good soda replacement--expensive, but still pretty good. They are very spritely and refreshing, and only contain a few calories per bottle (sweetened with stevia). They also help with tummy aches Big Grin

I managed to completely cut soda out of my diet, mostly because I became really sensitive to caffeine and huge doses of simple sugars.

Whenever I'm in the mood for something carbonated, I go for my KeVita, a seltzer water, or sparkling fruit juice. Otherwise it's just water or tea Smile

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
06-04-2017, 09:16 AM
(05-04-2017 11:26 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  I am trying hard to cut back on soda. Lately I've had these bouts of stomach pains after drinking two cans of soda. I remember when I was in Florida for my summer, two months and a half, I had hardly any soda. Only at restaurants or outings, which were few and far between, sometimes even then I got water as soda is alot for a place like that. (I still got sick as Florida is rather humid and I didn't drink that much water like my aunt but still I drank more then normal.)

I found that I felt great all the time there, never once got sick with a stomach ache of pains. During my period I felt more energized and less cramps. Sure the first two days of flushing out the soda were horrible, but after that I felt great. Now I don't have a kidney stone, no red pee or anything like that, perfectly healthy on that part.

But, being in a house of over 7 other people, it is harder for me to cut back then in Florida. My Aunt would only drank diet and I hated the taste so I resorted to water.

The reason I want to cut back is during that time I felt healthy and comfortable with myself. I am trying to go just get rid of it, but it's hard as I said seven other people who LOVE soda.

Any advice?

Coke Zero. No calories, nothing bad, and not a bad taste.
But it depends on what you didn't tolerate in the other sodas. If you haven't tried it, maybe an option.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-04-2017, 09:17 AM
Coke Zero is awesome. You can taste the difference, but it's only minor. Plus it's got hardly anything in it at all.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup