Advice For A Soda Drinker

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2017, 09:47 AM
RE: Advice For A Soda Drinker
(06-04-2017 09:17 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Coke Zero is awesome. You can taste the difference, but it's only minor. Plus it's got hardly anything in it at all.

Quote:In 2005 Coca Cola Amatil launched a similar product, Coke Zero, but with more 'masculine' looking packaging to appeal to males. Coke Zero has even been nicknamed "Bloke Coke". Therefore, the amount of caffeine in Coke Zero is almost identical to that of Regular Coke and higher in Diet Coke.Sep 12, 2013
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2017, 09:48 AM
(06-04-2017 09:17 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Coke Zero is awesome. You can taste the difference, but it's only minor. Plus it's got hardly anything in it at all.

I never drink either the original Coke or original Pepsi, so actually don't even taste the difference any more, at all.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
06-04-2017, 09:49 AM
(06-04-2017 09:47 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

Quote:In 2005 Coca Cola Amatil launched a similar product, Coke Zero, but with more 'masculine' looking packaging to appeal to males. Coke Zero has even been nicknamed "Bloke Coke". Therefore, the amount of caffeine in Coke Zero is almost identical to that of Regular Coke and higher in Diet Coke.Sep 12, 2013

I don't care about caffeine. As long as there are no carbs, and no sugar, I'm fine with it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-04-2017, 09:49 AM
After drinking mess deck "bug juice" for twenty years I don't see what you folks have to complain about. Laughat
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
06-04-2017, 09:51 AM
(06-04-2017 09:47 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

Bloke Coke....If I wasn't sold on it before, I definitely am now Laugh out load

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
06-04-2017, 06:09 PM
If you just like a bit of fizz in your drink, how about fizzy mineral water mixed with fruit juice? I love that. Works very well with grape juice and apple juice. At least those are my favourites for that.
Shouldn't drink too much of that either of course because sugar is sugar. But at least there are few vitamins in there and <enter other excuse for why that's better than coke>

Generally, maybe you can limit your fizzy drink intake to one a day for now, if it is really just cutting back you are after. Maybe have it with your lunch. That way you don't upset your stomach in the morning and also not before bed. You have it with lunch so that there is a bit of a food buffer in your stomach when the fizz arrives there. Dunno if it helps.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
07-04-2017, 04:13 AM
(06-04-2017 07:06 AM)Aliza Wrote:  [Image: lacriox-banner.jpg]

I don't know if La Croix sparkling water is as popular in other parts of the country, but it's gaining customers left and right here in Florida. It's got the bubbles of soda, but nothing else. It doesn't have a sweet taste, but it does come in a variety of flavors. It'll be an adjustment at first, because it's a bit of a shock at first when you're expecting sweet and getting something that's much crisper, but drink a few very cold cans and you may find that this is a very good substitute for soda.

I think La Croix was also a spell in Harry Potter.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
07-04-2017, 08:15 AM
I have recently limited myself (with help from a friend) to 1 small soda a week, alcohol once a month and takeouts once biweekly.

It's doing wonders for my health and also saving a lot of money... but I have to remind myself to drink because water is DISGUSTING.
07-04-2017, 08:39 AM
La Croix is really good. Is the the flavor or the bubbles that you crave?
You can definitely find good flavored/carbonated substitutes that aren't soda.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
14-08-2017, 03:48 PM
I found it hard as well when I lived with my family who drank soda as well. I went full cold turkey and scrounged up enough will to not pick up a can or bottle out of habit. I marked soda as poison in my mind, and it helped me in my weak moments.

"What sort of God would promise us a land like this?" - Zensunni lament
[+] 1 user Likes Yarnie2015's post