Advice, anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2012, 10:32 AM
RE: Advice, anyone?
(06-09-2012 08:48 AM)Seasbury Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 07:25 AM)frankiej Wrote:  I'd rather be friends with Zeus.

Have you accepted Zeus into your heart yet? Wink

I have a parrot named Zeus...I love him...does that count?

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

Ordained Dudeist Priest at Dudeism, the Church of the Latter-Day Dude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
06-09-2012, 10:36 AM
(06-09-2012 07:22 AM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  It seem that most of the conversation on the site are very negative thought.... From the outside looking in.. make you not want to be an Atheist... it seem that most that respond on the site are either angry at someone or just misery.

But I know a God that could help you with that..his name is JESUS.

AmenAngel

Dude, it's just a question of starting with an open mind. A certain fixed mindset will not see the humour in our replies and also the frustration of having to be so patient with people who can not listen.

We are not angry; this is just your perception. I have said this to you before and you are simply proving my point about not listening.

Luckily, I find irony amusing.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-09-2012, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 08:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-09-2012 07:22 AM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  From the outside looking in.. make you not want to be an Atheist...

Nobody wants to be an atheist. It's not a desire I need to satisfy or a state or goal I strive for or want to reach. It's nothing more than a reflection of the realization that reason is far more powerful and useful than superstition. Like so much more powerful and useful that it relegates superstition to the dustbin of history where only archaeologists even pretend to be interested. That's all. No biggie. Kinda obvious. If you want to be an atheist, you're doing it wrong.

(06-09-2012 07:22 AM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  it seem that most that respond on the site are either angry at someone or just misery.

Bah. Atheists are the happiest and most well-adjusted people I know. They experience life fully as it happens 'cause they know there ain't no mulligans here. No last minute deathbed pardons. You don't get no do overs. Try not to fuck it up.

(06-09-2012 07:22 AM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  But I know a God that could help you with that..his name is JESUS.

Blush While your compliment is flattering, I'm rather busy trying to not fuck up my own life so you'll have to become your own personal badass Jesus.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-09-2012, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 08:29 PM by DLJ.)
Was I the only one who had to google "mulligans"? I thought it was an Irish bar.

Side question... can any of the scholars here tell me when Jesus became a god?

I recently read/heard somewhere that it was not at the council of Nicaea 325CE as I had always thought.

I know from the holey babble that he said he was the "son of man" and naver claimed god-ship and I know that Roman emperors were given god-status usually as a matter of course, after their death and the whackier ones claimed god-status while still alive so in context of a polytheistic society it doesn't seem so strange.

It might have been a Bart Erhman comment but I can't remember.

10-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice....(or at least until ambassador of Christ showed up on the scene.) It turned out just fine.

"Leave the atom alone."
-E.Y. Harburgh
[+] 3 users Like DreamWeaver's post